or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 18

post #256 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

Does Rancourt make all of the made in USA eastland shoes?

I was wondering that myself. Just a guess, but perhaps not all, maybe most? Was there a style in particular that you were interested in? You can always mail Kyle and ask.

The Eastland line raises interesting options and questions. I really like the tan suede on the chukka boots, and my hunch is that Kyle probably has some of that. There is also a chukka in "tan". Anyone want to take a stab at what that is?

http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+monhegan+usa+chukka+boot.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=4
post #257 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Two photos of my #8 shell beefrolls. I have been wearing them a good amount since last August and have really done nothing to them other than wipe them with a wet cloth a few times. I'm going to give them a good cleaning and some Venetian Shoe Cream sometime soon, but I thought I'd post now to show how they look with some wear and very little attention.
467
263

Nice beefrolls! Thanks for the pics!

Do you have shoe trees in them?

Do I need shoe trees for my cxl beefrolls?
post #258 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Nice beefrolls! Thanks for the pics!
Do you have shoe trees in them?
Do I need shoe trees for my cxl beefrolls?

I don't use shoe trees in them. These have received absolutely no special treatment. I am happy to beat these up and wear them as my casual shoe that's next to the door, ready to go.

That being said, I think shoe trees would be a fine idea, and should help keep the soles flatter. I've found that this unlined shell keeps it's shape we'll though and still feels sturdy almost a year in. definitely enjoying these.

Also, those burgundy suedes posted earlier look very nice. Sort like a smoking jacket for your feet.
post #259 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

I was wondering that myself. Just a guess, but perhaps not all, maybe most? Was there a style in particular that you were interested in? You can always mail Kyle and ask.
The Eastland line raises interesting options and questions. I really like the tan suede on the chukka boots, and my hunch is that Kyle probably has some of that. There is also a chukka in "tan". Anyone want to take a stab at what that is?
http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+monhegan+usa+chukka+boot.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=4

Do you mean, what leather it is?

Probably one of the many variations of Chromexcel, that Horween makes. It isn't just one kind of cxl. There are many. It's definitely an pull up type of leather.


I can't believe, how shitty (pardon my french), they make the Monhegan look in their pictures. I have it, and it's my prefered footwear option at the moment.
post #260 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I don't use shoe trees in them. These have received absolutely no special treatment. I am happy to beat these up and wear them as my casual shoe that's next to the door, ready to go.
That being said, I think shoe trees would be a fine idea, and should help keep the soles flatter. I've found that this unlined shell keeps it's shape we'll though and still feels sturdy almost a year in. definitely enjoying these.
Also, those burgundy suedes posted earlier look very nice. Sort like a smoking jacket for your feet.

Yeah, I think I'll pick up some shoe trees from Oak Street. Looks like Rancourt doesn't have any on hand, ey?

And, yes, those burgundy suede loafers will definitely transmit a smoking jacket vibe, although that may depend a lot on what they're paired with.
post #261 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post

Do you mean, what leather it is?
Probably one of the many variations of Chromexcel, that Horween makes. It isn't just one kind of cxl. There are many. It's definitely an pull up type of leather.
I can't believe, how shitty (pardon my french), they make the Monhegan look in their pictures. I have it, and it's my prefered footwear option at the moment.

Yes, I was asking about the leather, and I agree it is a variation of CXL. I've never heard of "tan" CXL though, and it is not one of the known varieties of CXL in stock at Rancourt. There was a discussion above about which Rancourt non-shell leather would look closest to tan shell. I guess this one fits the bill, if it is indeed available at Rancourt.
post #262 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Two photos of my #8 shell beefrolls. I have been wearing them a good amount since last August and have really done nothing to them other than wipe them with a wet cloth a few times. I'm going to give them a good cleaning and some Venetian Shoe Cream sometime soon, but I thought I'd post now to show how they look with some wear and very little attention.
467
263

Those look nice... I have the same pair myself

post #263 of 5294

I've had my eye on their ranger moc, but have been hesitant due to the "no returns" policy for sizing. The eastland branded model can be found through retailers with a better return policy, for example: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eastland-made-in-maine-falmouth-usa-boat-shoe/3207916. That olive cxl (I assume) looks pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post


I was wondering that myself. Just a guess, but perhaps not all, maybe most? Was there a style in particular that you were interested in? You can always mail Kyle and ask.
The Eastland line raises interesting options and questions. I really like the tan suede on the chukka boots, and my hunch is that Kyle probably has some of that. There is also a chukka in "tan". Anyone want to take a stab at what that is?
http://www.eastlandshoe.com/product/mens+monhegan+usa+chukka+boot.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=4
post #264 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by yslbitch View Post


^

they look like they are to small for you or something.  maybe its the pic.

Could be the photo. Self-taken iPhone shot. I think there's often some distortion. On the other hand, this is not an elongated last. I'm wearing these TTS, and my toe is right at the end of the shoe, but there's absolutely no discomfort. I am waiting for delivery of a pair .5 up from TTS, so we'll see how they fit. I don't think the shape of these shoes is ever going to give you a very long look.
post #265 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Could be the photo. Self-taken iPhone shot. I think there's often some distortion. On the other hand, this is not an elongated last. I'm wearing these TTS, and my toe is right at the end of the shoe, but there's absolutely no discomfort. I am waiting for delivery of a pair .5 up from TTS, so we'll see how they fit. I don't think the shape of these shoes is ever going to give you a very long look.

That's good, because the last thing I need is a long look. My size 12's already get enough long looks over here.

I went TTS on these as well, hopefully it works.
post #266 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

I've had my eye on their ranger moc, but have been hesitant due to the "no returns" policy for sizing. The eastland branded model can be found through retailers with a better return policy, for example: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eastland-made-in-maine-falmouth-usa-boat-shoe/3207916. That olive cxl (I assume) looks pretty nice.

I think you raise a good point. Rancourt MTO is fantastic, but not for everybody. And that leaves the stock model retailers like Eastland with a niche. It will be interesting to see how the increasing sales of Rancourt branded shoes transform their relationships with the many brands they have been supplying.
post #267 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

I think you raise a good point. Rancourt MTO is fantastic, but not for everybody. And that leaves the stock model retailers like Eastland with a niche. It will be interesting to see how the increasing sales of Rancourt branded shoes transform their relationships with the many brands they have been supplying.

that would be interesting but I hope they can still customize the styles they did for other brands.
post #268 of 5294
These are nice.

350
post #269 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

These are nice.
350

I was just coming to post those--that's my order:) I like the way they turned out.
post #270 of 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post

I was just coming to post those--that's my order:) I like the way they turned out.

nice, they look pretty sweet! tempest sole is a nice combo with ranger moc imo.

what's a casco lining if you don't mind explain it a little bit. is it just the color?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine