or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 166

post #2476 of 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

http://korvue.shophaberdash.com/products/index.php?tAction=search&section=302&dn=10004&subdn=10038&category=1094

<3 these esp loden ... not sure if i should save for green shell or grab these

These are great looking shoes. I'm a big fan of scotch grain and I think it really suits these beefrolls. The loden is very nice. I'd assume that the shell version would go for $550, so $295 represents a pretty decent savings. Good to have choices.
post #2477 of 5224
Rancourt for Portland Dry Goods Spring Release



Suede boat shoe with brick sole & laces - pretty straightforward classic. Need a boat shoe? this is the one


Olive beefroll loafer with the cushy lactae hevea sole.


Two tone Bison mocc. 4 eyelet ranger with a stock camp sole in our favorite shade of bison.

And belts to match

[Note: The color of the olive suede is better represented on the boat shoe photo than the belt]

All of these are available on our website, though if your size is out of stock / not displayed we're happy to have another made for you, so just email us.

Best,

D.O.
post #2478 of 5224
Love the green belt and the bison belt. Shoes are pretty nice too ;-)
post #2479 of 5224
Two tone bison moc...nice. Have to check out the belts. Thanks for the pics.
post #2480 of 5224
I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I'd like to send a big shout out to the people at Rancourt. I needed sizing advice on a pair of CXL loafers, and they were spot on. Also, timeliness was an issue because I was on the road, and needed the shoes sent to where I was going to be in a week and half from the day I ordered. A smooth transaction and a beautiful, well made pair of shoes makes for one happy customer. Well done everyone at Rancourt and Company!
post #2481 of 5224

Wearing my green and blue suede boat shoes (the jack spade ones) today - my third pair of rancourts, and I could scarcely be happier with all of them. 

post #2482 of 5224
I will buy a pair of blue boat shoes from Rancourt.
I am yet undecided between Navy CXL and Parisian Blue CXL.
Any thoughts on the two leathers of those who have handeled both? Portland Dry Goods for example?
post #2483 of 5224

Ralph Lauren has some Telford II's on sale in Blue and also Navy

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18660416&cp=2943767.2018030&ab=ln_nodivision_cs8_shoes&parentPage=family

 

These are lined and indeed made by Rancourt & Co.

post #2484 of 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

Wearing my green and blue suede boat shoes (the jack spade ones) today - my third pair of rancourts, and I could scarcely be happier with all of them. 


I own the Red/Blue and Green/Blue and I love 'em too. They're still $100 on the website and sometimes they even offer 25%,

 

http://www.jackspade.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Jack-Site/default/Search-Show?q=barron&simplesearch=Go

post #2485 of 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I will buy a pair of blue boat shoes from Rancourt.
I am yet undecided between Navy CXL and Parisian Blue CXL.
Any thoughts on the two leathers of those who have handeled both? Portland Dry Goods for example?

we used parisian blue for one of our non seasonal belts we're running and its amazing. its far more "blue" than the navy cxl. basically its a toss up between toned down and vibrant but there's no wrong answer

here's Parisian:
post #2486 of 5224
Your belt was the reason I even considered the Parisian Blue.
I am a bit afraid though, that while we agree upon it being a lovely color for a belt, it might be a bit too much into peoples faces if it came as concentrated as in an entire shoe.
As you have handled both the Parisian Blue and the Navy CXL first hand and under natural light, which one of the following pictures, which both show a shoe in Parisian Blue, shows the shoe more realistic as it would look like under natural light?



I love the way the boat shoe looks in the second picture but I feel it shows the shoe darker looking than it would look like under natural light as both the picture of your belt as well as the picture of the woman's loafer make the leather appear lighter in color.
post #2487 of 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Your belt was the reason I even considered the Parisian Blue.
I am a bit afraid though, that while we agree upon it being a lovely color for a belt, it might be a bit too much into peoples faces if it came as concentrated as in an entire shoe.
As you have handled both the Parisian Blue and the Navy CXL first hand and under natural light, which one of the following pictures, which both show a shoe in Parisian Blue, shows the shoe more realistic as it would look like under natural light?



I love the way the boat shoe looks in the second picture but I feel it shows the shoe darker looking than it would look like under natural light as both the picture of your belt as well as the picture of the woman's loafer make the leather appear lighter in color.

Is it me or are those navy boat shoes much different than anything on their website? Even in their made to order section. The colour of the leather even looks different than their navy bulldog ones.
post #2488 of 5224
I spoke to Katie about them.
I think there are three details about them, which set them apart from most of their boat shoes.

1. Parisian Blue CXL vs Navy CXL and Navy Bulldog, which they usually use.
2. White thread vs natural thread which the Rancourts prefer over white.
3. The eyelets are nickel plated brass and shiny so vs dull which they use for most of their boat shoes.

Have a look at the following offering of Ball and Buck. It is very much in line with how Rancourt normally produces boat shoes.
Navy CXL, natural thread, dull nickel eyelets. To me it is a good looking shoe, but it is a bit boring, something is missing.
I'll probably go for Navy CXL paired with white thread and shiny eyelets, but am really curious what Portland Dry Goods has to say regarding the look of Parisian Blue CXL under natural light.
http://ballandbuck.com/products/rancourt-and-co-boat-shoe-navy
post #2489 of 5224

I just ordered my first pair of Rancourt Ranger Mocs. The Clymer - Navy Chromexcel.

 

I requested they add a liner to these shoes.

 

Can anyone tell me if they usually honor this type of request and if they charge anything for this modification?

post #2490 of 5224
Perfect summer day...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine