or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 159

post #2371 of 5210

Does anyone have an opinion on how the RLH sole compares to a normal crepe sole? In terms of both comfort and durability.

post #2372 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

There's a sort of bounce to the RLH that you don't get with the harder rubber.

And now "More Bounce to the Ounce" is going through my head.

I've been thinking of a mushroom suede/honey RLH boot or ranger moc for a few weeks. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, though.
post #2373 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

Do you get to pick the shoes they send you via made to fit? Fit is going to be a lot differentbetween boat shoe, loafer, boot, etc. 

You don't get to choose; when I placed my Made To Fit order, I asked about this. I was told that whatever size worked best with MTF was the size I should order from them in any of their shoes. We'll see how that works out.
post #2374 of 5210
Guys, my brand new boat shoes in tan bulldog came in today, opened them up and one shoe was scuffed on the toe.

No big deal, or send it back to Rancourt for a new one?



p.s. Just contacted Rancourt, kind of bummed that they would send me a scuffed up shoe, let alone one that I waited over 3 weeks for.
post #2375 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Guys, my brand new boat shoes in tan bulldog came in today, opened them up and one shoe was scuffed on the toe.

No big deal, or send it back to Rancourt for a new one? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

p.s. Just contacted Rancourt, kind of bummed that they would send me a scuffed up shoe, let alone one that I waited over 3 weeks for.

Not ideal, but I think some cream would be able to fix that right up.
post #2376 of 5210
^Yeah, I feel like that is something that our get within a couple of wearings anyways, and a little cream or similar would take care of it.
post #2377 of 5210
True, but they should send new undamaged shoes, let alone aren't these inspected before they are sent out?
post #2378 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

True, but they should send new undamaged shoes, let alone aren't these inspected before they are sent out?

Agree. Even if possible to fix, that's not acceptable. They need to do something for you. Very frustrating to wait and receive that.
post #2379 of 5210

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post


I sent in my rangers for a resole in the ALH sole. Will report in when I get them back.
 
Thanks for your response.  I would appreciate your input on how they compare.  Maybe you'll let me try them on? since we aren't that far from each other? Haha, Just kidding!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


Personally I'm a big fan of the RLH. Don't have the Aspen, though I'm looking for an excuse to get something on it. Those suede Ranger Mocs the have are very tempting.

I do think it is more comfortable than a camp sole (also have that), though I consider the camp sole to be surprisingly comfortable. There's a sort of bounce to the RLH that you don't get with the harder rubber.

 

Thanks for your response,

 

Are the camp and the boat sole made out of the same rubber?  or is the camp a harder rubber?

 

So the camp/RLH are not exactly night/day?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post


And now "More Bounce to the Ounce" is going through my head.

I've been thinking of a mushroom suede/honey RLH boot or ranger moc for a few weeks. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, though.

 

Mothball, they informed me that they can't do repello unlined because it is too light and the shoe would lack structure.  Are your rangers still really comfy despite being lined?  Or does the lining make it feel the same on the inside regardless of what material is outside of the lining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex4nder View Post


You don't get to choose; when I placed my Made To Fit order, I asked about this. I was told that whatever size worked best with MTF was the size I should order from them in any of their shoes. We'll see how that works out.

 

As someone mentioned, all of their handsewn shoes should fit the same, even thought I think they have 2 or 3 different lasts that they use for different handsewn models.  They generally recommend that you go a half size up from your handsewn size for your blake size.  However, if the boat shoes that I just got were not CXL and were shell [which doesn't really stretch] than I probably would have needed to go a half size bigger.  (my blake size, also my "true size")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Guys, my brand new boat shoes in tan bulldog came in today, opened them up and one shoe was scuffed on the toe.

No big deal, or send it back to Rancourt for a new one?



p.s. Just contacted Rancourt, kind of bummed that they would send me a scuffed up shoe, let alone one that I waited over 3 weeks for.

If that were CXL, it would definitely brush out.  Not familiar with bulldog, but would be interested to hear whether or not that can brush out.  What did Rancourt say when you contacted them? or haven't you heard back yet?

 

They'll probably say that it is typical for hand made shoes to have some "tooling marks", and that those pictured are from when they were hand-sewn.

 

Still, I understand your frustration.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

True, but they should send new undamaged shoes, let alone aren't these inspected before they are sent out?

 

I do believe they are inspected, but I bet they deemed those acceptable.

 

in Nov/Dec I had a pair of $675 blake boots made to order and they sent them to me with the wrong color stitching.  MTOs are said to be inspected by Kyle personally, however, I don't see how that is possible as he seems to travel a lot.  I brought it to their attention, and they made me another pair.  I would say they were sort of obligated to, since the boots they produced were not representative of the details listed in the invoice that I paid.

post #2380 of 5210
^
No word back yet, but I'll let you guys know.

Seriously, I am not an overly pickey person, I know that i will likely scuff them like that in not too long. But these are brand new, MTO, so I am pretty surprised they were not sent in perfect condition.
post #2381 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

^
No word back yet, but I'll let you guys know.

Seriously, I am not an overly pickey person, I know that i will likely scuff them like that in not too long. But these are brand new, MTO, so I am pretty surprised they were not sent in perfect condition.

I am a very non-picky person and wouldn't really care about those scuffs... probably 10 minutes after I put them on for the first time I'd have similar scuffs from my toddler daughter jumping onto my feet anyway!

If Rancourt is open to helping you out to fix the problem, I'd be more likely to ask them for a bottle of Venetian Shoe Cream (and maybe a new brush) rather than sending the shoes back (FWIW, I did get a bottle of shoe cream and a set of shoe trees out of them once... basically just by asking for them on a whim).
post #2382 of 5210
Just ordered a brown CXL belt from Rancourt yesterday. Hope they match my Indy boots. Saw the brown CXL belts from Mitchell leather and they were $189 frown.gif
post #2383 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post



Mothball, they informed me that they can't do repello unlined because it is too light and the shoe would lack structure.  Are your rangers still really comfy despite being lined?  Or does the lining make it feel the same on the inside regardless of what material is outside of the lining?

Hey, Bakes, they're very comfortable, but---mine have the casco lining, which Katie told me they no longer carry. I don't know if the lining they now use is significantly different (I doubt it is), but I did want to qualify my answer.
post #2384 of 5210

Thanks for your response.

post #2385 of 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

I am a very non-picky person and wouldn't really care about those scuffs... probably 10 minutes after I put them on for the first time I'd have similar scuffs from my toddler daughter jumping onto my feet anyway!

If Rancourt is open to helping you out to fix the problem, I'd be more likely to ask them for a bottle of Venetian Shoe Cream (and maybe a new brush) rather than sending the shoes back (FWIW, I did get a bottle of shoe cream and a set of shoe trees out of them once... basically just by asking for them on a whim).

I hear you, and I am not picky either. Like you said, I will likely scuff them up after a few wears, but I don't know, I was just a little upset that for a shoe I waited 3 weeks for, they arrived like that. It is very noticeable and directly on the top of the toe box.

Rancourt was very responsive and offered to replace them and gave me a free shipping label to return them. I appreciate Rancourts customer service on this one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine