or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 129

post #1921 of 5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Got my Brown CXL beef roll loafers. Very comfortable. A bit of slippage in the right foot, but the left fits perfectly. I don’t think it’s worth swapping for the smaller size.

 

Those are gorgeous. I think that's one of the pairs I'm going to get. 

post #1922 of 5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Got my Brown CXL beef roll loafers. Very comfortable. A bit of slippage in the right foot, but the left fits perfectly. I don’t think it’s worth swapping for the smaller size.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Sharp!  I'm really diggin' brown CXL lately.  Think there is a brown CXL pair in my near future.  Also, like the socks!

post #1923 of 5510

I second the call for anyone dapper gentleman out there to submit examples of using navy (preferably shell) in a business-ish setting.  Does not have to be suit, but would like to see with "office wear,"  not jeans or cords.  

 

I think I might be able to get my head around it if I can see what others are doing.

post #1924 of 5510
Would be interested in this myself. Seems as if navy blue shell would go with gray or maybe even brown dress trousers. Considering the style of shoe, seems unlikely for a suit, but with potential for trousers and jackets.
post #1925 of 5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Also, like the socks!

Happy Socks nod[1].gif
post #1926 of 5510

Navy blue shell loafers would go with Khakis, or is that not formal enough?

post #1927 of 5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah786 View Post

I second the call for anyone dapper gentleman out there to submit examples of using navy (preferably shell) in a business-ish setting.  Does not have to be suit, but would like to see with "office wear,"  not jeans or cords.  

I think I might be able to get my head around it if I can see what others are doing.


*

Not the greatest pic. Cam phone from one day last fall. Grenson wingtip. Navy/Dark Antique sole. The shoes look somewhat darker in person, but not as dark as those dyed Navy Shells (usually polish them with black, if that helps). RARELY does anyone notice. And that's likely only because the sole draws attention to the color. With a black sole very few would look down.

Also have a pair of very dark navy PTBs that I sneak by as black. Recently was in a wedding in which a dark grey tux was rented for all groomsmen. I snuck the navy PTBs in instead of the black corrected grains that were assigned. Not a single person noticed. People don't look down very often. Note: I used careful judgment here; what's tackier than wearing gross, plasticine rentals... standing out on someone else's wedding day because of one's personal preference.
post #1928 of 5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentpax View Post

Note: I used careful judgment here; what's tackier than wearing gross, plasticine rentals... standing out on someone else's wedding day because of one's personal preference.

Very very true.

Nice shot of the blue color. I agree that navy shell would likely be even darker, and less noticeable still with a dark sole edge.
post #1929 of 5510
Hey guys,

I want to buy the Rancourt chukka in brown from Club Monaco

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=13334114&cp=12266410.12280881.12774166&ab=ln_men_shoesaccessories_shoes

My cousin works there so I can get it at a great discount. I wear a size 8 in Clarks Desert Boots and a 8 in Vanishing Elephants as well. I have also a size 8 in my Ecco (ugly but comfortable) shoes and a size 7.5 in Allen Edmonds Kenilworth. Wear size 9 in regular sneakers

What size would I be based on the above?

Thanks!
post #1930 of 5510

might be already posted but BB have a beef roll penny reduced in size 9.5

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Rancourt-Co-Beef-Roll-Penny-Loafers/MH00044,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00044_Color=GREN&contentpos=3&cgid=0494

 

 

and a chukka in 9

 

    Rancourt & Co Hand Sewn Chukka Boots   

post #1931 of 5510
Okay, I think I've settled on what I want: Blake Boots in natural shell cordovan, a rubber tread half-sole (like Red Wing GTs), and eyelets and speedhooks (if possible) like Wolverine 1000 miles have (I don't know if that can be customized, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?). I've fallen in love with natural leather, and think that the natural shell is just going to look more and more amazing over the years. Might as well get it now and start the aging/patina process, right? I'm assuming they can make that, though I haven't actually seen anyone get natural shells from them. Seen it from a few other places on the web though. Looks amazing.

Anyway, still up in the air about sizing. 9 or 9.5. I wear 9D's in Wolverine 1Ks, 9EE in Rancourt's boat shoes and ranger mocs, 8.5EEE in Allen Edmonds lined boots. Which means I have not the slightest idea of how to size. If I had to say, the Rancourts are a bit on the snug side, but I've been bitten by comparing hand sewns to boots before, and ended up with boots that were much, much too big on me. Anyone have any guidance on how they compared their Blakes to their mocs? Or Blakes to Wolverine 1Ks? Too big can be just as bad as too small, I've found, if I never want to wear the boot.
post #1932 of 5510
Rancourt is currently not offering speed hooks. When I asked I was told it may be available as an option starting in the fall.
post #1933 of 5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Okay, I think I've settled on what I want: Blake Boots in natural shell cordovan, a rubber tread half-sole (like Red Wing GTs), and eyelets and speedhooks (if possible) like Wolverine 1000 miles have (I don't know if that can be customized, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?). I've fallen in love with natural leather, and think that the natural shell is just going to look more and more amazing over the years. Might as well get it now and start the aging/patina process, right? I'm assuming they can make that, though I haven't actually seen anyone get natural shells from them. Seen it from a few other places on the web though. Looks amazing.

Anyway, still up in the air about sizing. 9 or 9.5. I wear 9D's in Wolverine 1Ks, 9EE in Rancourt's boat shoes and ranger mocs, 8.5EEE in Allen Edmonds lined boots. Which means I have not the slightest idea of how to size. If I had to say, the Rancourts are a bit on the snug side, but I've been bitten by comparing hand sewns to boots before, and ended up with boots that were much, much too big on me. Anyone have any guidance on how they compared their Blakes to their mocs? Or Blakes to Wolverine 1Ks? Too big can be just as bad as too small, I've found, if I never want to wear the boot.

I'm not completely sure but the caramel looks natural in person.
post #1934 of 5510
Yes, from my understanding the Caramel is natural shell
post #1935 of 5510
Have your espresso loafers arrived yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine