Those are great! Enjoy! I believe they are the CXL green. That is the color I ordered for my Ranger Mocs
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 91
Gotcha, so it's not looking good if the narrowest width they make doesn't fit in two different lengths. Only other route to take, which might not be worth the effort, is changing the last. I believe the 555, their loafer last, is narrower than the Ranger Moc last. It is also, apparently, shorter.
I am done with the back and forth. I just want to take a small loss and be done with it.
These ranger mocs were going to be my SoCal winter shoes.
CXL they are.
I have worn them three times (about 30 hours) and they have receievd their first coat of Neatsfoot oil, won't oil them for another couple of months.
The stitching color is definitely off. I think the shoe color is close enough, and a little brown polish could make the lighter one a little darker. but the stitching color...that's tricky. Maybe some polish on the lighter stitching will match the darker stitching.
I don't think you can match the color with polish. Polish would darken it, but not likely to the same shade as the other shoe, just darker than it was originally. Possibly too dark (darker than the dark shoe). Also, not sure if you are supposed to polish natural CXL.
I like the two tones of textured leather on these. Very nice. How come these took two months to get to you? Enjoy.
Hard to tell if its zero drop from the photo, but that's a nice chukka one way or another. Enjoy.
Rancourt uses Rochester shoe trees (which I have a bunch of). For my size 8.5 and 9s (in other brands) I have always bought a medium shoe tree.
Rancourt shoe trees are listed as:
6.5E > 8.5D - small
8EE > 10D - medium
My Rancourt size is 8E...I can't figure out the sizing - anyone have an idea?
Maybe I'll just go directly through Rochester - sizing is easier to figure out...
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Preferred casual leather shoe style to wear with jeans? 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 15 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 17 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding