Those are great! Enjoy! I believe they are the CXL green. That is the color I ordered for my Ranger Mocs
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 91
Gotcha, so it's not looking good if the narrowest width they make doesn't fit in two different lengths. Only other route to take, which might not be worth the effort, is changing the last. I believe the 555, their loafer last, is narrower than the Ranger Moc last. It is also, apparently, shorter.
I am done with the back and forth. I just want to take a small loss and be done with it.
These ranger mocs were going to be my SoCal winter shoes.
CXL they are.
I have worn them three times (about 30 hours) and they have receievd their first coat of Neatsfoot oil, won't oil them for another couple of months.
The stitching color is definitely off. I think the shoe color is close enough, and a little brown polish could make the lighter one a little darker. but the stitching color...that's tricky. Maybe some polish on the lighter stitching will match the darker stitching.
I don't think you can match the color with polish. Polish would darken it, but not likely to the same shade as the other shoe, just darker than it was originally. Possibly too dark (darker than the dark shoe). Also, not sure if you are supposed to polish natural CXL.
I like the two tones of textured leather on these. Very nice. How come these took two months to get to you? Enjoy.
Hard to tell if its zero drop from the photo, but that's a nice chukka one way or another. Enjoy.
Rancourt uses Rochester shoe trees (which I have a bunch of). For my size 8.5 and 9s (in other brands) I have always bought a medium shoe tree.
Rancourt shoe trees are listed as:
6.5E > 8.5D - small
8EE > 10D - medium
My Rancourt size is 8E...I can't figure out the sizing - anyone have an idea?
Maybe I'll just go directly through Rochester - sizing is easier to figure out...
- › NWT Eidos Napoli Navy Overcoat 48R 12 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 seconds ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 57 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › NWT Valentini Navy blue 100% wool, size 46 (EU). 10 minutes ago
- › Corneliani for Ralph Lauren made in Italy 100% linen/flax trousers... 11 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway