Those are great! Enjoy! I believe they are the CXL green. That is the color I ordered for my Ranger Mocs
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Buying and Selling
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Bally "Lisbon" woven tassle loafers 8 M Last post on 4/2/14 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Polo Penny Loafers 8.5 D Brown Last post on 6/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 91
Styleforum Top Picks
Gotcha, so it's not looking good if the narrowest width they make doesn't fit in two different lengths. Only other route to take, which might not be worth the effort, is changing the last. I believe the 555, their loafer last, is narrower than the Ranger Moc last. It is also, apparently, shorter.
I am done with the back and forth. I just want to take a small loss and be done with it.
These ranger mocs were going to be my SoCal winter shoes.
CXL they are.
I have worn them three times (about 30 hours) and they have receievd their first coat of Neatsfoot oil, won't oil them for another couple of months.
The stitching color is definitely off. I think the shoe color is close enough, and a little brown polish could make the lighter one a little darker. but the stitching color...that's tricky. Maybe some polish on the lighter stitching will match the darker stitching.
I don't think you can match the color with polish. Polish would darken it, but not likely to the same shade as the other shoe, just darker than it was originally. Possibly too dark (darker than the dark shoe). Also, not sure if you are supposed to polish natural CXL.
I like the two tones of textured leather on these. Very nice. How come these took two months to get to you? Enjoy.
Hard to tell if its zero drop from the photo, but that's a nice chukka one way or another. Enjoy.
Rancourt uses Rochester shoe trees (which I have a bunch of). For my size 8.5 and 9s (in other brands) I have always bought a medium shoe tree.
Rancourt shoe trees are listed as:
6.5E > 8.5D - small
8EE > 10D - medium
My Rancourt size is 8E...I can't figure out the sizing - anyone have an idea?
Maybe I'll just go directly through Rochester - sizing is easier to figure out...
- RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 39 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Acne Snake Razor Black Jeans Sz 32 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...