or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 80

post #1186 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

^^ Those are all great questions, and I hope you get some answers. Please let us know what you hear from Rancourt.
On a different note, awhile back I posted a pic of some roughout natty cxl Vibergs on here. Here is a description of the leather for these boot from Nick Horween (maker of the leather and owner of the boots). It's called Marine Field Shoe and is actually cxl with the roughside treated.
http://horween.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/boondockers/

Kashiwa, is there any place to buy these boots, or were they an MTO for Nick Horween?
post #1187 of 4254
Those Vibergs are beautiful. I like how the tongue extends so far above the laces. Rancourt could certainly make something like this...
post #1188 of 4254
They were an MTO, or perhaps a gift, for Nick Horween, and I'm not sure whether there are plans to produce more. I looked around a bit online, but couldn't find anything. You might give Brett Viberg a ring.

Frank, the elongated and contrasting tongue is very cool, and I'm sure Rancourt could do that. I really like the shape of the counter, wonder if they could do that?
post #1189 of 4254
Do you think the tongue is the CXL right-way out, so to speak?

And yes, I do like that counter now that you point it out. Something about that boot looks very elegant to my eye, even though it is clearly meant to be primarily functional.

Not sure if that welt is in the Rancourt playbook right now.

Putting this leather on my list to consider, along with the Horween Essex, and that chocolate/espresso shell.
post #1190 of 4254
Also, I know there's a general consensus that the ring boot/shoe is not that appealing, and I think I agree. But then there's this:




Hmmm...
post #1191 of 4254
Frank, I think the tongue is CXL right-ways out, but I think it's a different shade. The boot is roughout natty cxl, but I think the tongue is the Iced Mocha CXL that Viberg uses on a lot of their makeups.

And you're right, that counter and welt are not in the Rancourt MTO kit at the moment........

Ring boots don't really do it for me.......
post #1192 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Do you think the tongue is the CXL right-way out, so to speak?
And yes, I do like that counter now that you point it out. Something about that boot looks very elegant to my eye, even though it is clearly meant to be primarily functional.
Not sure if that welt is in the Rancourt playbook right now.
Putting this leather on my list to consider, along with the Horween Essex, and that chocolate/espresso shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Frank, I think the tongue is CXL right-ways out, but I think it's a different shade. The boot is roughout natty cxl, but I think the tongue is the Iced Mocha CXL that Viberg uses on a lot of their makeups.
And you're right, that counter and welt are not in the Rancourt MTO kit at the moment........
Ring boots don't really do it for me.......

By counter, do you guys mean the heal counter? i.e.: the leather on the back of these boots that is one piece from the top to the heel? If so, I agree - really like that.

Actually, love these boots all around. Maybe I will inquire with Viberg about what it take to make them.
post #1193 of 4254
Yes, the leather on the heel.
post #1194 of 4254
Those boots are beautiful. Do you think rancourt would make a group MTO for something similar where they create whats needed for the boot?
post #1195 of 4254

Doesn't hurt to ask.

post #1196 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Those boots are beautiful. Do you think rancourt would make a group MTO for something similar where they create whats needed for the boot?

I'm assuming you are talking about the Viberg boots? I'd really like a pair as well.

My first thought is that we would probably have better luck with Viberg. Not sure if Viberg is planning on doing more with this leather or not, but that may be the place to start.

It would be quite a project for Rancourt. They'd have to get the leather from Horween, and I doubt that Horween has it in stock. And, if so desired, also create a new boot pattern.
post #1197 of 4254

They might be reluctant to "copy" someone else's design.  I think that they would prefer to come up with their own original designs to define their brand.  However, its not like they invented to boat shoe or anything, just perfected it.

post #1198 of 4254

Does anyone know if Rancourt is making the boots for Helm? They say their boots are now being made in Maine - but by whom?

 

http://helmboots.com/helm-story

 

"HELM wants to celebrate all that made America great and is now having all HELM boots handcrafted in Maine, USA, from US-sourced leathers and materials."

 

http://shop.helmboots.com/collections/shop

post #1199 of 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

^^ Those are all great questions, and I hope you get some answers. Please let us know what you hear from Rancourt.
On a different note, awhile back I posted a pic of some roughout natty cxl Vibergs on here. Here is a description of the leather for these boot from Nick Horween (maker of the leather and owner of the boots). It's called Marine Field Shoe and is actually cxl with the roughside treated.
http://horween.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/boondockers/

Those boots drool.gif

MTO sign me up.
Edited by VLSI - 10/4/12 at 2:50pm
post #1200 of 4254
^^ I think there was a post several pages back where someone suggested that the Railroad Revival Tour boot was made by Rancourt, no? The shape of the boots looks very similar to Rancourt's Blake Boot in my opinion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine