or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 75

post #1111 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

^^ A blucher is a staple absent from their current lineup. I think it is a very good bet that there will be a PTB in the welted lineup. Will be awesome to have all of their MTO options for a blucher.

I think Navy blue shell in the PTB would be awesome!

post #1112 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

I really wanted the Alden cigar plain toe boot that was a limited edition item at LSBH but I think these are a pretty good substitute.

the cigar Pitt boot is my grail.

your boots looks pretty damn good, though.

can you give any insight on the fit? I know you said TTS, but do they feel like a new pair of Barrie/TruB lasted boots initially or are they more snug? (Specifically in the heel)
post #1113 of 4975
Im looking to get a ranger moc for casual wear (chinos and denim)...I was thinking CXL would be the most versatile...having trouble picking out a sole...I need to use them for 3 season wear (spring summer fall)...any recommendations?
post #1114 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

Im looking to get a ranger moc for casual wear (chinos and denim)...I was thinking CXL would be the most versatile...having trouble picking out a sole...I need to use them for 3 season wear (spring summer fall)...any recommendations?

do you have a preference as to heel height?

if you don't want a heel; crepe or camp sole (i prefer crepe)

if you don't mind a heel: tempest sole (leather/rubber) or the reltex lactae hevea
post #1115 of 4975
Lined or unlined? Not a deal breaker, but I think the lower profile sole is better on a shoe you plan to wear casually without socks.

I think it's hard to beat this one: natural CXL with red rubber and nickel eyelets. Perfect for dark denim and chinos.

post #1116 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

Im looking to get a ranger moc for casual wear (chinos and denim)...I was thinking CXL would be the most versatile...having trouble picking out a sole...I need to use them for 3 season wear (spring summer fall)...any recommendations?

I think my combo of #8 CXL and honey RLH sole is pretty unbeatable.
post #1117 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post


the cigar Pitt boot is my grail.
your boots looks pretty damn good, though.
can you give any insight on the fit? I know you said TTS, but do they feel like a new pair of Barrie/TruB lasted boots initially or are they more snug? (Specifically in the heel)

thanks,  in the heel they feel pretty close to the Barrie but slightly looser around ball and arch of foot... but very comfortable 1st time I put them on and very comfortable wearing....

post #1118 of 4975
Pic from the Rancourt display at Northern Grade. Blake chukka and Hamilton cap toe.

post #1119 of 4975
The chukka boots seems nice; still thinking unlined chukka by alden or this one.

Anyone ordered the ring boots yet?
post #1120 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Lined or unlined? Not a deal breaker, but I think the lower profile sole is better on a shoe you plan to wear casually without socks.
I think it's hard to beat this one: natural CXL with red rubber and nickel eyelets. Perfect for dark denim and chinos.

Not sure..what are the pros/cons to line or unlined? IM kinda new to this.
post #1121 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by prozach1576 View Post

I think my combo of #8 CXL and honey RLH sole is pretty unbeatable.

would you happen to have a pic?
post #1122 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkusmant View Post

The chukka boots seems nice; still thinking unlined chukka by alden or this one.
Anyone ordered the ring boots yet?

Never seen or handled the Rancourt chukkas, but I think they are a really solid alternative to an unlined suede Alden chukka. Don't get me wrong, the Alden's are nice, but, to me, the moccasin construction seems perhaps more suited to a casual, comfort oriented makeup like an unlined chukka than the goodyear welted Alden. Also, not really a fan of the busy contrast stitching on the Alden chukkas. Plus, MTO with Rancourt would give you some really nice options for leather and soles (although the Alden waterlock are nice for sure).
post #1123 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

Not sure..what are the pros/cons to line or unlined? IM kinda new to this.

If you want to wear sockless, you should definitely go unlined. Unlined is cool on the feet and doesn't absorb moisture and the smell of a lined shoe. If you'd like a more structured and padded shoe, you'd be better served with a lining. I'm not exactly sure what the negative side of an unlined shoe is.
post #1124 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Pic from the Rancourt display at Northern Grade. Blake chukka and Hamilton cap toe.

 

Is it just me or does the toe seem a bit bulbous for a desert boot? I'm thinking about picking one up, but this definitely seems like it'd have an unflattering profile. 

post #1125 of 4975
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

Not sure..what are the pros/cons to line or unlined? IM kinda new to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

If you want to wear sockless, you should definitely go unlined. Unlined is cool on the feet and doesn't absorb moisture and the smell of a lined shoe. If you'd like a more structured and padded shoe, you'd be better served with a lining. I'm not exactly sure what the negative side of an unlined shoe is.

Unlined is generally a bit cooler and more comfortable when warm out. Lined (depending on lining, but in general) is much softer inside and more comfortable when slipping on. Also if it's a bit cooler then it's nice to have the lining. Both have different feels and I think it depends on the wearer. I'm 50/50 about on lined and unlined for my "sockless" shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine