or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › H&M x Lanvin Collaboration
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

H&M x Lanvin Collaboration - Page 3

post #31 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
I am expecting my boots to give BJ's on command.

I'd prefer if my boots allowed me to receive bjs on command...
post #32 of 498
Just wear desert boots and they will Listi. Of course, you have to not care about whether they obey the command.
post #33 of 498
So...can we expect the pieces to be lanvin designed/h&m contructed/slightly pricier than typical h&m products? I've never physically handled fast fashion x luxury label pieces so maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

This collab does sound interesting, though the choice of lanvin is surprising. Alber Elbaz definitely in it for the $$$
post #34 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg View Post
So...can we expect the pieces to be lanvin designed/h&m contructed/slightly pricier than typical h&m products? I've never physically handled fast fashion x luxury label pieces so maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

This collab does sound interesting, though the choice of lanvin is surprising. Alber Elbaz definitely in it for the $$$

generally the collabs run in the same price range as h&m's higher-end lines, which have dress shirts around $30-59 dollars and sportcoats around $129. the matthew williamson and jimmy choo collections had leather jackets that were around $230 or so. i don't remember how much footwear in the latter collection was.

quality wise it's usually decent, about on par with something like j crew but of course you're not getting all the bells and whistles of the regular line so fabrication is one of the biggest differences. h&m is pretty good about that though as well as ensuring fair labor practices, so you can rest easy knowing they were probably made in a sweatshop with a fan or two and maybe a bathroom.

the bang/buck ratio is probably going to be similar to the +J line, but i think the prices will be about $10-20 more.
post #35 of 498
^thnx for the info. i hope ill have time to check it out before it sells out come late november
post #36 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite View Post
generally the collabs run in the same price range as h&m's higher-end lines, which have dress shirts around $30-59 dollars and sportcoats around $129. the matthew williamson and jimmy choo collections had leather jackets that were around $230 or so. i don't remember how much footwear in the latter collection was. quality wise it's usually decent, about on par with something like j crew but of course you're not getting all the bells and whistles of the regular line so fabrication is one of the biggest differences. h&m is pretty good about that though as well as ensuring fair labor practices, so you can rest easy knowing they were probably made in a sweatshop with a fan or two and maybe a bathroom. the bang/buck ratio is probably going to be similar to the +J line, but i think the prices will be about $10-20 more.
lol in korea their prices are like two times higher than that, fuck h&m uniqlo is nice and just changes it to reflect exchange rate though
post #37 of 498
I hope Lucas and Alber bring back Lanvin classic pieces similar to CDG x H&M.
post #38 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Seems an odd collab to me, moreso than any other I've ever heard. Lanvin is about luxury and superlative fabrics, at an extreme pricepoint. It seems to me to lose its luster, appeal, and interest if you make it "public." Sort of like "Hermes for Zara" or something. Jil sander for Uniqlo... I can see it. McQueen for Target, etc. I can get and see the appeal. But, Lanvin? I'm interested in seeing it and may pick something up, but I'm very surprised at this move, especially seeing as how Lanvin's history of licensing, lack of menswear clout (until recently), has made them be very careful about image. If this is an attempt to broaden brand appeal/name recognition, it's not going to work well, because the kids buying H&M aren't suddenly going to switch over and buy $900 pairs of slacks. That OR Lanvin lowers its own price point and sacrifices what made it unique. This will sell well, but still seems an odd choice.
+1000
post #39 of 498
this seems significantly less weird than "McQueen for Target" imo
post #40 of 498
i find it less weird than Comme des Garcons. Avant-garde, niche, etc. This is on the same idea as Jil + Uniqlo but with more reliance on noticeable design details while still using high quality fabrics given the pricepoint barrier. Which is a thing the mainline obviously doesn't have to worry about.
post #41 of 498
While the fabrics and construcition wont be anywhere near the Lanvin level, i highly doubt they will be garbage given that H&M has economies of scale working in their favor. I remember reading an article on the collab Isabel and Ruben Toledo did with target, which included a line of towels or something. They indicated that if they made the towels themselves, with their resources and buying power, using the same fabrics, it would have cost $500 a towel as opposed to whatever target sold them for. Granted, that may be a bit of an exageration on their part RE the $500, but I think that it proves a point. If H&M plans on charging a premium for these items, the only realy way to justify it is using better fabrics and construction (the Lanvin name premium / markup will only go so far). If they produced H&M quality and charged H&M x Lanvin prices (whatever that markup is), but the product was on the same level as their normal stuff, they would get ripped in the press and Lanvin would suffer as well.
post #42 of 498
I dunno, the Jimmy Choo stuff was pretty shit and there didn't seem to be negative fallback from that. The bag I bought was like $270 CAD and a few months of wear showed that it isn't even worth that.
post #43 of 498
the cdg x h&m stuff was shit quality. rather buy cheap korean knockoff clothes for cheaper.. polka dots x drop crotch jawns zzz

the only thing i didn't resell for profit (sup fobby mainlanders) was the peacoat cause it was cut incredibly well and the material wasn't that bad
post #44 of 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
I dunno, the Jimmy Choo stuff was pretty shit and there didn't seem to be negative fallback from that. The bag I bought was like $270 CAD and a few months of wear showed that it isn't even worth that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanayrb View Post
the cdg x h&m stuff was shit quality. rather buy cheap korean knockoff clothes for cheaper.. polka dots x drop crotch jawns zzz

+1

I was at the last one the first day and closely examined the jimmy choo collab leather rider jacket, retail was $300 and the quality/price ratio just wasnt there, the leather felt like shit and stitching was sloppy details looked cheap, etc, etc.

I remember even one of the mens bags looked like it was made with thick ass shinny pleather, not worth the lines/wait that are required the even get the stuff imho.
post #45 of 498
its lanvin, i dont give a shit if the quality is h&m, if it looks like lanvin im copping that shit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › H&M x Lanvin Collaboration