Removable collar stays? Was looking at getting a slim white shirt when they have 15.5 back in. Pretty sad I have only one white shirt yet it has green buttons so un-useable in most settings.
Related Forum Threads
- CLASSIC SHIRTS! J. Press, Brooks Bros. Golden Fleece, Turnbull & Asser, Thresher &... Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Roda shirts! Two 41, one 40, all with MOP buttons. Last post on 8/27/16 at 4:11pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Bros Vintage tweed shirt, size M Last post on 8/27/16 at 12:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL Ralph Lauren striped short sleeve henley shirt - tag large Last post on 8/26/16 at 12:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Ovadia Sons White Spread Collar Shirt ---Small---Made in Italy Last post on 8/27/16 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ledbury dress shirts - Page 2post #17 of 326/25/12 at 7:30ampost #18 of 326/25/12 at 7:45ampost #19 of 326/25/12 at 8:01ampost #20 of 326/25/12 at 8:04ampost #21 of 326/25/12 at 8:43ampost #22 of 326/25/12 at 8:45amQuote:
Ah, that makes sense. I misunderstood your comment as referring to the way the collars were attached to the shirt body. Hence my confusion. Yes, sewn-in stays are a deal-breaker for me too.post #23 of 326/25/12 at 8:56amQuote:
No worries! I have a Strellson spread collar shirt that has sewn-in stays which is fine but any other collar style makes it difficult to wear. Wearing a shirt sans tie with sewn in stays is near impossible. My new Lipson shirts have incredible collars with removable stays.post #24 of 326/25/12 at 11:27amI have several Ledbury shirts. All of them have removable collar stays. They're all standard dress shirts, however, not chambrays or work shirts, so those might have sewn-in stays.
Overall, I think they're pretty good shirts. This is just speculation on my part, but Ledbury seems to have refined the slim fit within the last year. The one I purchased this spring has a better fit than ones from a year ago. It could still be slimmer for my purposes, but it's got a good shape. The only thing I don't like is how the gauntlet button is attached--it's at the very edge, which makes me a little nervous about it getting pulled off.
Note that they have a number of shirts on sale for $99 right now.post #25 of 326/25/12 at 11:27ampost #26 of 327/19/12 at 9:41am
Great to hear the feedback on our shirts. We're happy to be part of the conversation.
Just for clarification, our collar stays are removable. We keep some on hand as well and can include additional stays if you contact our customer service department.
Great to hear you all are pleased with the fit and construction of our shirts. We strive to bring you a top-quality product at a reasonable price point.
I noticed some of you had questions concerning the sizing and how we compare to other brands. Here's a link to our size guide. We've added a "Fit Comparison" tab to give a better point of reference for how our shirts compare to a few other retailers. We also have an application on our website to help determine what size will work best for each customer. At the bottom right of this page, there is a button that reads, "What fit should I get?". This should help determine size for those of you who may be unsure of which fit is best for you.
We're happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Melpost #27 of 3211/29/12 at 7:01pmpost #28 of 322/11/13 at 11:54amQuote:
I just came across your post on SF. I'm happy to share that we intend on expanding our inventory to include shirts with longer sleeves in the near future! We are still a fairly young company and really appreciate your feedback. We definitely realize that our market would be much larger with this addition. I hope you will consider giving our shirts a try once the longer sleeves roll out1 In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like any additional information, please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com. Cheers!post #29 of 324/8/13 at 7:17pmpost #30 of 324/13/13 at 2:02pmQuote:
Glad to hear of your experience! We've migrated from this thread to our official affiliate thread. Feel free to continue sharing there.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding