Related Forum Threads
- Loro Piana Linen Dress Shirt - Size 16 Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL CLASSIC LINEN SPORT SHIRT Last post on Today at 12:57 am in Marketplace
- NWT Neighborhood Plaid Flannel, size small! Last post on 7/1/15 at 12:47pm in Marketplace
- NWT Rare $975 Givenchy Paris Multi-Colored Columani Striped Polo Shirt Sz L Last post on 7/1/15 at 8:28am in Marketplace
- Gitman Bro. Vintage Oxford Cotton Button Down Long Sleeve L/S Striped Shirt Last post on 6/30/15 at 9:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ledbury dress shirtspost #1 of 319/1/10 at 4:36pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 319/1/10 at 7:28pmpost #3 of 319/17/11 at 4:30pmpost #4 of 3111/23/11 at 5:38pmI just received and wore my first Ledbury shirt. (Just bought one to try it out) No tie today.
I thought the construction was very good. There is some magic in the collars that keeps them standing - this fixes a problem that I often I have when wearing dress shirts without the tie.
I thought it fit me well. I am 6ft ~195lb - probably about 15 lbs over my ideal weight for my build and I got the regular fit- which was just about perfect for me.
The fabric isn't the silky luxury that you would get from much more expensive shirts - but it is definitely high quality.
Basically - I would say that the fabric is about what you'd expect in a $125 shirt; the fit and construction are what you'd expect in a $250 shirt.
I couldn't easily locate the country of origin for the shirt - which was a bit annoying.
I'll definitely be buying more.post #5 of 3111/24/11 at 3:20pmpost #6 of 3111/24/11 at 4:14pmQuote:
I find Ledbury's slim fits me rather well. I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs with an 8-inch drop. I notice that the slim version is the darted version of their regular shirt.post #7 of 3111/24/11 at 6:50pmI have two slim Ledbury shirts. They are just as slim fitting as the pictures below portray. Definitely, they are more slim than a BB slim. I would say that the mid section of the shirt is very slender.
These are great shirts. On the website, the makers discuss the design of the collar and the "look" they desire when the top button is open.
Every Tuesday, they feature a new "short run" shirt. I'd buy every one of 'em if I wasn't so broke.
They launder beautifully.
Blue Fine Twill Workerpost #8 of 3111/24/11 at 7:16pmThe owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.post #9 of 3111/25/11 at 2:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.
I forgot to mention "Made in Poland". I don't think I've ever seen that on a clothing label before.post #10 of 316/6/12 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 316/23/12 at 4:22ampost #12 of 316/23/12 at 8:04pmpost #13 of 316/23/12 at 8:56pmpost #14 of 316/23/12 at 10:04pmpost #15 of 316/24/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
+1. A 15.5 shirt with a "standard" 34" sleeve means I'm never shopping there (I need a solid 35" or 35 1/4). And that's a shame, I'd be willing to give a couple of their shirts a whirl.
I wonder the rationale to cut themselves short of a larger market ?
Edited by razl - 6/24/12 at 4:38pm
- Ledbury dress shirts
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1112 Active Users (228 Members and 884 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 41 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...