Related Forum Threads
- Eidos Napoli by Isaia - Dress Shirt BNWT - SIZE: 17 - $295 Retail Last post on Yesterday at 8:00 pm in Marketplace
- Gustin - Blue Selvedge Chambray - Size Small Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Ralph Lauren RLX Polos. Size Small. NWT Last post on 7/26/15 at 6:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Emma Willis Pink Gingham FC Shirt (size 16) Last post on Yesterday at 4:36 am in Marketplace
- New Thread 7-26** Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece and Luxury Line Egyptian Cotton Shirts Last post on Yesterday at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ledbury dress shirtspost #1 of 319/1/10 at 4:36pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 319/1/10 at 7:28pmpost #3 of 319/17/11 at 4:30pmpost #4 of 3111/23/11 at 5:38pmI just received and wore my first Ledbury shirt. (Just bought one to try it out) No tie today.
I thought the construction was very good. There is some magic in the collars that keeps them standing - this fixes a problem that I often I have when wearing dress shirts without the tie.
I thought it fit me well. I am 6ft ~195lb - probably about 15 lbs over my ideal weight for my build and I got the regular fit- which was just about perfect for me.
The fabric isn't the silky luxury that you would get from much more expensive shirts - but it is definitely high quality.
Basically - I would say that the fabric is about what you'd expect in a $125 shirt; the fit and construction are what you'd expect in a $250 shirt.
I couldn't easily locate the country of origin for the shirt - which was a bit annoying.
I'll definitely be buying more.post #5 of 3111/24/11 at 3:20pmpost #6 of 3111/24/11 at 4:14pmQuote:
I find Ledbury's slim fits me rather well. I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs with an 8-inch drop. I notice that the slim version is the darted version of their regular shirt.post #7 of 3111/24/11 at 6:50pmI have two slim Ledbury shirts. They are just as slim fitting as the pictures below portray. Definitely, they are more slim than a BB slim. I would say that the mid section of the shirt is very slender.
These are great shirts. On the website, the makers discuss the design of the collar and the "look" they desire when the top button is open.
Every Tuesday, they feature a new "short run" shirt. I'd buy every one of 'em if I wasn't so broke.
They launder beautifully.
Blue Fine Twill Workerpost #8 of 3111/24/11 at 7:16pmThe owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.post #9 of 3111/25/11 at 2:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.
I forgot to mention "Made in Poland". I don't think I've ever seen that on a clothing label before.post #10 of 316/6/12 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 316/23/12 at 4:22ampost #12 of 316/23/12 at 8:04pmpost #13 of 316/23/12 at 8:56pmpost #14 of 316/23/12 at 10:04pmpost #15 of 316/24/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
+1. A 15.5 shirt with a "standard" 34" sleeve means I'm never shopping there (I need a solid 35" or 35 1/4). And that's a shame, I'd be willing to give a couple of their shirts a whirl.
I wonder the rationale to cut themselves short of a larger market ?
Edited by razl - 6/24/12 at 4:38pm
- Ledbury dress shirts
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1010 Active Users (152 Members and 858 Guests)
- › MC General Chat 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Shoe Care) Controversy over cross-usage of shoe creams 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 35 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 37 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...