Related Forum Threads
- RRL classic short sleeve polo shirt in navy blue - size Medium Last post on Yesterday at 8:00 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL slim western shirts (large), KLAXON HOWL denim jacket (large), Mark McNairy chukkas (11) Last post on Yesterday at 4:56 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT-Stephan Schneider Two-Piece Check Short Sleeve Shirt & LS Top sz M/L Last post on 7/26/16 at 9:01pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Epaulet New England Shirt Co. "Cayman Islands Chambray", Large, BNWT Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *NEW* SS Suit Supply Red Check Gingham Spread Collar Shirt Size 42 16 1/2 Last post on 7/25/16 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ledbury dress shirtspost #1 of 329/1/10 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #2 of 329/1/10 at 7:28pmpost #3 of 329/17/11 at 4:30pmpost #4 of 3211/23/11 at 5:38pmI just received and wore my first Ledbury shirt. (Just bought one to try it out) No tie today.
I thought the construction was very good. There is some magic in the collars that keeps them standing - this fixes a problem that I often I have when wearing dress shirts without the tie.
I thought it fit me well. I am 6ft ~195lb - probably about 15 lbs over my ideal weight for my build and I got the regular fit- which was just about perfect for me.
The fabric isn't the silky luxury that you would get from much more expensive shirts - but it is definitely high quality.
Basically - I would say that the fabric is about what you'd expect in a $125 shirt; the fit and construction are what you'd expect in a $250 shirt.
I couldn't easily locate the country of origin for the shirt - which was a bit annoying.
I'll definitely be buying more.post #5 of 3211/24/11 at 3:20pmpost #6 of 3211/24/11 at 4:14pmQuote:
I find Ledbury's slim fits me rather well. I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs with an 8-inch drop. I notice that the slim version is the darted version of their regular shirt.post #7 of 3211/24/11 at 6:50pmI have two slim Ledbury shirts. They are just as slim fitting as the pictures below portray. Definitely, they are more slim than a BB slim. I would say that the mid section of the shirt is very slender.
These are great shirts. On the website, the makers discuss the design of the collar and the "look" they desire when the top button is open.
Every Tuesday, they feature a new "short run" shirt. I'd buy every one of 'em if I wasn't so broke.
They launder beautifully.
Blue Fine Twill Workerpost #8 of 3211/24/11 at 7:16pmThe owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.post #9 of 3211/25/11 at 2:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.
I forgot to mention "Made in Poland". I don't think I've ever seen that on a clothing label before.post #10 of 326/6/12 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 326/23/12 at 4:22ampost #12 of 326/23/12 at 8:04pmpost #13 of 326/23/12 at 8:56pmpost #14 of 326/23/12 at 10:04pmpost #15 of 326/24/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
+1. A 15.5 shirt with a "standard" 34" sleeve means I'm never shopping there (I need a solid 35" or 35 1/4). And that's a shame, I'd be willing to give a couple of their shirts a whirl.
I wonder the rationale to cut themselves short of a larger market ?
Edited by razl - 6/24/12 at 4:38pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 866 Active Users (98 Members and 768 Guests)
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Help Me Find To Buy Vogue Sunglasses 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 20 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League 16/17 20 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 33 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 52 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 56 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding