Related Forum Threads
- Our Legacy 1950s Shirt - Fog Rain S/S14 - Size 46 Last post on Yesterday at 3:50 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Gama: Vintage Indigo One-Offs Last post on 2/4/16 at 6:17pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- JCrew 2-Ply Medium M (15 - 15 1/2) Shirts, Point Collar Last post on 2/4/16 at 2:37pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Purple Check Dress Shirt 17.5 $350 Retail Last post on 2/4/16 at 6:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TM Lewin Non-iron White Twill Slim Fit Shirt Last post on 2/3/16 at 1:52pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ledbury dress shirtspost #1 of 329/1/10 at 4:36pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 329/1/10 at 7:28pmpost #3 of 329/17/11 at 4:30pmpost #4 of 3211/23/11 at 5:38pmI just received and wore my first Ledbury shirt. (Just bought one to try it out) No tie today.
I thought the construction was very good. There is some magic in the collars that keeps them standing - this fixes a problem that I often I have when wearing dress shirts without the tie.
I thought it fit me well. I am 6ft ~195lb - probably about 15 lbs over my ideal weight for my build and I got the regular fit- which was just about perfect for me.
The fabric isn't the silky luxury that you would get from much more expensive shirts - but it is definitely high quality.
Basically - I would say that the fabric is about what you'd expect in a $125 shirt; the fit and construction are what you'd expect in a $250 shirt.
I couldn't easily locate the country of origin for the shirt - which was a bit annoying.
I'll definitely be buying more.post #5 of 3211/24/11 at 3:20pmpost #6 of 3211/24/11 at 4:14pmQuote:
I find Ledbury's slim fits me rather well. I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs with an 8-inch drop. I notice that the slim version is the darted version of their regular shirt.post #7 of 3211/24/11 at 6:50pmI have two slim Ledbury shirts. They are just as slim fitting as the pictures below portray. Definitely, they are more slim than a BB slim. I would say that the mid section of the shirt is very slender.
These are great shirts. On the website, the makers discuss the design of the collar and the "look" they desire when the top button is open.
Every Tuesday, they feature a new "short run" shirt. I'd buy every one of 'em if I wasn't so broke.
They launder beautifully.
Blue Fine Twill Workerpost #8 of 3211/24/11 at 7:16pmThe owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.post #9 of 3211/25/11 at 2:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.
I forgot to mention "Made in Poland". I don't think I've ever seen that on a clothing label before.post #10 of 326/6/12 at 2:26pmpost #11 of 326/23/12 at 4:22ampost #12 of 326/23/12 at 8:04pmpost #13 of 326/23/12 at 8:56pmpost #14 of 326/23/12 at 10:04pmpost #15 of 326/24/12 at 2:15pmQuote:
+1. A 15.5 shirt with a "standard" 34" sleeve means I'm never shopping there (I need a solid 35" or 35 1/4). And that's a shame, I'd be willing to give a couple of their shirts a whirl.
I wonder the rationale to cut themselves short of a larger market ?
Edited by razl - 6/24/12 at 4:38pm
- Ledbury dress shirts
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1548 Active Users (323 Members and 1225 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › is this a good suit for wedding? 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...