Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Oak Street Bootmakers - Page 65post #961 of 138910/30/13 at 6:02pmpost #962 of 138912/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #963 of 138912/31/13 at 11:26ampost #964 of 13891/5/14 at 8:27ampost #965 of 13892/19/14 at 5:14pmpost #966 of 13895/8/14 at 1:18pmI've owned handsewn mocs from pretty much every SF approved maker, but I've never had this happen with any of them, except for a pair of oak streets I've been wearing for less than a year:
I contacted OSB and was told this was normal for a years worth of wear and that I should consider putting rubber top soles on the shoes, or resting them between wears, to prolong their life.
I thought Toppys help combat wear to the bottom of the shoe, how would they help slow down a sole detaching from the shoe as is happening with both shoes of this pair?
Anyone else think this is "normal" for less than a year?post #967 of 13895/8/14 at 1:24pmpost #968 of 13895/8/14 at 1:28pmNope, these are actually a little roomy on me, and are relegated to wear around the house and on weekends.
do you have an email for George? I wrote to their "info" email and received a reply from someone else who's saying my option is to send them back to have them resoled to the tune of $96.
Would rather sink that $ into a pair of yuketens or quoddys frankly if this is to be expected from Oak street.post #969 of 13895/8/14 at 5:37pmpost #970 of 13895/30/14 at 7:18ampost #971 of 13895/30/14 at 11:06ampost #972 of 13896/4/14 at 7:28ampost #973 of 13896/4/14 at 8:10amHey Fender glad your liking them. I havent bought yet. I am eyeing the natural oxfords but havent pull the trigger as the whote sole is not my preference. I really like the waxed flesh boots they made and if they came out on a the 6 eyed chukka on commando or gumlight I may have to pull the trigger
enjoy the boots!post #974 of 13896/4/14 at 9:06am
Lots of hate lately for OSB but I'm still firmly in their corner. I have natural captoe trench boots and natural boat shoes and both are holding up extremely well. I couldn't be happier and until I have a poor experience I will continue supporting OSB and will continue to recommend them.post #975 of 13896/4/14 at 9:59am
I emailed George over at OSB regarding the official affiliate thread, and here is his reply:
"A big part of the reason why we became officiates was so that we could both support the forum, but most importantly, be able to directly answer questions and speak directly with folks who are interested in/fans of Oak Street Bootmakers. Over the past couple of years however, you surely noticed that we had only posted a handful of times. As a small shop, we quite simply don’t have the bandwidth/personnel to keep up with the thread. When we stopped being an affiliate last month, SF kept the thread active for around 30 days, but per their policy, they deleted it."
"You’ll notice that even before our ‘official affiliate thread’ there was an Oak Street thread - that thread is still up and will continue to be a place to post about Oak Street Bootmakers. Just as other footwear brands have threads (Alden, Red Wing, Rancourt, etc) - none are affiliates, but all have a thread on SF."
That said, I have three pairs of OSBs, and couldn't be happier with them.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Epaulet NY Driggs "Dusty Saffron" Donegal Tweed Wool Trousers -... 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Saddleback medium breifcase 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...