Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paul Smith York boots, Pantofola d'oro boat shoes Last post on 5/23/11 at 12:26am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Oak Street Bootmakers - Page 65post #961 of 135510/30/13 at 6:02pmpost #962 of 135512/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #963 of 135512/31/13 at 11:26ampost #964 of 13551/5/14 at 8:27ampost #965 of 13552/19/14 at 5:14pmpost #966 of 13555/8/14 at 1:18pmI've owned handsewn mocs from pretty much every SF approved maker, but I've never had this happen with any of them, except for a pair of oak streets I've been wearing for less than a year:
I contacted OSB and was told this was normal for a years worth of wear and that I should consider putting rubber top soles on the shoes, or resting them between wears, to prolong their life.
I thought Toppys help combat wear to the bottom of the shoe, how would they help slow down a sole detaching from the shoe as is happening with both shoes of this pair?
Anyone else think this is "normal" for less than a year?post #967 of 13555/8/14 at 1:24pmpost #968 of 13555/8/14 at 1:28pmNope, these are actually a little roomy on me, and are relegated to wear around the house and on weekends.
do you have an email for George? I wrote to their "info" email and received a reply from someone else who's saying my option is to send them back to have them resoled to the tune of $96.
Would rather sink that $ into a pair of yuketens or quoddys frankly if this is to be expected from Oak street.post #969 of 13555/8/14 at 5:37pmpost #970 of 13555/30/14 at 7:18ampost #971 of 13555/30/14 at 11:06ampost #972 of 13556/4/14 at 7:28ampost #973 of 13556/4/14 at 8:10amHey Fender glad your liking them. I havent bought yet. I am eyeing the natural oxfords but havent pull the trigger as the whote sole is not my preference. I really like the waxed flesh boots they made and if they came out on a the 6 eyed chukka on commando or gumlight I may have to pull the trigger
enjoy the boots!post #974 of 13556/4/14 at 9:06am
Lots of hate lately for OSB but I'm still firmly in their corner. I have natural captoe trench boots and natural boat shoes and both are holding up extremely well. I couldn't be happier and until I have a poor experience I will continue supporting OSB and will continue to recommend them.post #975 of 13556/4/14 at 9:59am
I emailed George over at OSB regarding the official affiliate thread, and here is his reply:
"A big part of the reason why we became officiates was so that we could both support the forum, but most importantly, be able to directly answer questions and speak directly with folks who are interested in/fans of Oak Street Bootmakers. Over the past couple of years however, you surely noticed that we had only posted a handful of times. As a small shop, we quite simply don’t have the bandwidth/personnel to keep up with the thread. When we stopped being an affiliate last month, SF kept the thread active for around 30 days, but per their policy, they deleted it."
"You’ll notice that even before our ‘official affiliate thread’ there was an Oak Street thread - that thread is still up and will continue to be a place to post about Oak Street Bootmakers. Just as other footwear brands have threads (Alden, Red Wing, Rancourt, etc) - none are affiliates, but all have a thread on SF."
That said, I have three pairs of OSBs, and couldn't be happier with them.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The End of Venezuela 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › Allen Edmonds fit & sizing help