Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oak Street Bootmakers - Page 93

post #1381 of 1389
I thought about the last not being ideal as there's something other than the sizing that feels funny about the boot - I'm "clomping" more than doing a regular heel-toe motion, but perhaps that's just the break-in factor.

These things are snug enough - toes just touching the end of the boot when walking - that I'd take my chances with a stretcher. Do you have any recommendations?
post #1382 of 1389

I don't recall exactly, but probably just the highest rated one on Amazon. Not easy to use on a boot.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarude View Post

I thought about the last not being ideal as there's something other than the sizing that feels funny about the boot - I'm "clomping" more than doing a regular heel-toe motion, but perhaps that's just the break-in factor.

These things are snug enough - toes just touching the end of the boot when walking - that I'd take my chances with a stretcher. Do you have any recommendations?
post #1383 of 1389

The issue I've been having is the toe- box area.

 

On the left boot, it seems fine, however, on the right, the section of the leather that is "stiffer" (forget the term right now) seems to be further back, contacting my toe in a weird way.

 

I've tried stretching with my finger, and wearing thicker socks, but to no avail.

 

The left boot is nice and comfy after a month or so, but this right boot feels like it won't be giving due to the processing.

 

Not sure if this makes sense, or if others have a similar issue.

 

Hey, maybe my feet are just a little different sizes.

post #1384 of 1389

Give it to a cobbler to get it stretched.

I've had something similar on just one boot. After the stretching it was fine.

post #1385 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post
 

Give it to a cobbler to get it stretched.

I've had something similar on just one boot. After the stretching it was fine.

Yeah I figured I would try that. I tried on a pair of 10.5's yesterday, and they felt way better than the 10's even with the month or so of wear. I'm thinking I made just need to go up a .5 size, either that or the last my not be right for my feet (I have a wide ball of foot and wide toe splay, which happens also to be wider on the right foot)

 

It's just different trying on boots in store, VS. being in them for 8+ hours working (feet swelling, etc.)

 

My only concern is that stretching the toe box will leave my pinky toes spilling over the footbed edge. 

post #1386 of 1389
Just picked up these roughout Marine Field Shoes from Oak Street. The construction quality is top notch:





Also these Chocolate Double Sole PTB's. Love them, they feel really refined and it's nice to see Oak Street offering shoes slightly less rugged. I'm a big fan of the wheeled welt:



post #1387 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Just picked up these roughout Marine Field Shoes from Oak Street. The construction quality is top notch:





Also these Chocolate Double Sole PTB's. Love them, they feel really refined and it's nice to see Oak Street offering shoes slightly less rugged. I'm a big fan of the wheeled welt:




Great photos!

Would love to see how those chocolate PTBs age. I considered them with the recent Black Friday sale.
post #1388 of 1389
Can anyone share what the sizing of Oak Street's beef roll penny loafer is like in comparison to Rancourt's Weltline penny loafer. I have the rancourt Weltline penny in suede in US9.5D and the fit is perfect. Appreciate your advice
post #1389 of 1389

The Marine shoes looks great

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers