or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oak Street Bootmakers - Page 88

post #1306 of 1382

fyi 20% off site wide @ oakstreetbootmakers.com

post #1307 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderplyr View Post



Hmm this doesn't look good. Insoles on my trenches started peeling up and there's a foamy insert underneath. Shouldn't there be cork under these insoles?

Cork is in the footbed itself. The foam insole is just as it should be.

I've found that oak street cuts a few other corners but not that one. You're fine
post #1308 of 1382

those look excellent. thanks for sharing! i'll pick some up one day.

post #1309 of 1382

i bought natural cap toe trench during the black friday promotion and am so damn satisfied with it (previous boots was some cemented craps from clarks). i live in singapore where there are always flash rain and tarmac everywhere, so i went to a cobbler to fix on a vibram half sole (personal preference). 

 

like to share on the sizing: i wear US size 10 usually, most sports brand with length 28cm (USD 10) will fit nicely. however i ordered size 10.5 for trench and feel that I have definitely made a good choice. i do not have wide feet, just that at the end of day or after some serious walking, my feet will expand and my toes will still be able to have some wriggle room and not pressed against the toe box. 10.5 suits me for this case. so i reckon you can choose your usual size or up/down 0.5 size. all should fit more or less nicely

 

can't wait to do some serious pounding on tarmac!

 

got some scuff here and there...

 

 


Edited by Syennie - 1/2/16 at 7:53am
post #1310 of 1382

Hey just curious, anyone have pics of the Trench boot with Christy sole with some wear on them..?

 

Thanks.

post #1311 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post
 

Hey just curious, anyone have pics of the Trench boot with Christy sole with some wear on them..?

 

Thanks.


Here's mine. Sorry for the terrible pictures.

 

 

 

post #1312 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post


Here's mine. Sorry for the terrible pictures.


Thanks, they look great! Any chance of a side shot? Much appreciated..
post #1313 of 1382
Update on my OSB custom trail oxfords in brown waxed flesh. Nap is starting to show through on these.


post #1314 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post


Thanks, they look great! Any chance of a side shot? Much appreciated..

 

Sure. Here it is.

 

 

post #1315 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syennie View Post

i bought natural cap toe trench during the black friday promotion and am so damn satisfied with it (previous boots was some cemented craps from clarks). i live in singapore where there are always flash rain and tarmac everywhere, so i went to a cobbler to fix on a vibram half sole (personal preference). 

like to share on the sizing: i wear US size 10 usually, most sports brand with length 28cm (USD 10) will fit nicely. however i ordered size 10.5 for trench and feel that I have definitely made a good choice. i do not have wide feet, just that at the end of day or after some serious walking, my feet will expand and my toes will still be able to have some wriggle room and not pressed against the toe box. 10.5 suits me for this case. so i reckon you can choose your usual size or up/down 0.5 size. all should fit more or less nicely

can't wait to do some serious pounding on tarmac!

got some scuff here and there...








Great to see someone from Sg here. Did you get these in Sg? I've been looking for it in Sg.

May I know what's your size on the brannock device?

Tks
post #1316 of 1382

great to hear that you are from sg. I bought it online though - oasktreet page during black friday.

 

never get to measure my foot on a brannock device. sorry!

post #1317 of 1382
Hi Syennie,

Tks for sharing. Do you wear any Redwing boots as well? If yes, hope u can share which model and what size so that I may do a reference. Tks again.
post #1318 of 1382
What kind of shoe trees do you guys use with your trench boots?
 
I recently noticed that the Oak Street trees that I have been using for 2+ years are somewhat shallow in that they do not contact the leather of the boot just behind the captoe where my foot creases.  The toes of my boots look fantastic due to the trees, however the creases are pretty pronounced because the shoe trees don't put any pressure on that part of the leather.  I can actually press down on the leather a bit before it hits the top of the shoe tree.  

My boots were at my local cobbler getting re-heeled and when I picked them up I immediately noticed a difference in the vamp where my creases are...he had them stuffed with paper and it seemed to make a difference.
 
Anyone use a shoe tree with some more height to it so it will put pressure on the vamp?  
post #1319 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaudi0 View Post

What kind of shoe trees do you guys use with your trench boots?
 
I recently noticed that the Oak Street trees that I have been using for 2+ years are somewhat shallow in that they do not contact the leather of the boot just behind the captoe where my foot creases.  The toes of my boots look fantastic due to the trees, however the creases are pretty pronounced because the shoe trees don't put any pressure on that part of the leather.  I can actually press down on the leather a bit before it hits the top of the shoe tree.  


My boots were at my local cobbler getting re-heeled and when I picked them up I immediately noticed a difference in the vamp where my creases are...he had them stuffed with paper and it seemed to make a difference.

 
Anyone use a shoe tree with some more height to it so it will put pressure on the vamp?  


For my money, the Joseph a bank trees fit well for boots. They're quite full. And a great price when on sale !
post #1320 of 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansel View Post

Hi Syennie,

Tks for sharing. Do you wear any Redwing boots as well? If yes, hope u can share which model and what size so that I may do a reference. Tks again.

 

@Ansel no Redwing boots, but I have just got my foot measured on the brannock - US size 10 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers