or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oak Street Bootmakers - Page 85

post #1261 of 1274
Any feedback on OSB AE collaboration?
Edited by aikiman44 - 5/25/15 at 9:03am
post #1262 of 1274





post #1263 of 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbar View Post
 

 

If you can get into the little gap between the collar and the upper and manage to cut the stitch that is holding the lace in place I don't think it would be a problem.  The stitch is fairly close to where the handsewn stitching begins/ends so you would just have to be careful you don't cut that as well.  You can see the gap in the photo below, take a look at your pair and see if the stitch is visible/accessible on your pair.

 

For those interested, the OSB boat shoes can easily be converted to a 360 lace system.  I dropped mine at my cobbler yesterday...after a quick look he said it is any easy adjustment.  Will pick them up on Saturday.

post #1264 of 1274
Anyone have any sizing comparison between Red Wing Beckmans and OSB Trench?
post #1265 of 1274

Hey guys, I'm buying a pair of OSB Natural Trench Boots, and I have a few questions. 1.) If I'm a 9 in Nike and a 9.5 in New Balance should I go with a 9 in the OSB's? It says on it that you want a snug fit, so I'm assuming the 9, but idk. 2.) Should I buy the Venetian Shoe cream, and treat the boots with the cream right when I buy them, or should i not use the cream until they have been worn in a bit? Thanks.

post #1266 of 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericleavitt View Post
 

Hey guys, I'm buying a pair of OSB Natural Trench Boots, and I have a few questions. 1.) If I'm a 9 in Nike and a 9.5 in New Balance should I go with a 9 in the OSB's? It says on it that you want a snug fit, so I'm assuming the 9, but idk. 2.) Should I buy the Venetian Shoe cream, and treat the boots with the cream right when I buy them, or should i not use the cream until they have been worn in a bit? Thanks.

9 should fit you perfectly.  (i'm the same size)

 

Yes get VSC.  treat occasionally when leather starts looking dry.  every other month or so....depending on wear.

post #1267 of 1274

Thanks so much man! So don't treat right when i get them? @jmaudi0  Oh, and i just realized, that I'm actually a 9.5 in Nike and a 9 in NB... Lol, had that backwards... So should I still go with the 9?

post #1268 of 1274
Curious if they have ever done a makeup of the natural cap toe boot but on a Danite sole?
post #1269 of 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post







Beautiful. Ordering tonight!
post #1270 of 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff406 View Post

Curious if they have ever done a makeup of the natural cap toe boot but on a Danite sole?

Unfortunately not. Cap toes are neglected haha
post #1271 of 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikiman44 View Post

Beautiful. Ordering tonight!

Yah they were nice but unfortunately too narrow for my feet. Definitely narrower than the elston last
post #1272 of 1274
Those bluchers look fantastic. I need some. I'm trying to decide between brown and natural - will the natural shoes evolve over time and show signs of wear (love)? I might be leaning more towards those. I'm also slightly unsure of the sizing. Never checked on a brannock. I'm a 10.5 in Quoddy bluchers, but in most sneakers, etc I'm an 11. I'm thinking/hoping either a 10.5 or 11 will work in these.
post #1273 of 1274

Posted this on the GYW subreddit on reddit but didn't get enough people's inputs.  Hope I can get some people on this thread to help me out.

 

I need an opinion from everyone.

I have been waiting for a good slim natural CXL derby after I missed out on the Viberg x SF 2030 one but have been losing hope since I haven't seen anything too similar since then. After seeing the Alden x J.Crew Oxford I've decided to be impatient and just decide between those and the OSB Natural CXL Plain Toe Blucher. I've heard negative and positive things about both companies. Which one do you think I should take the plunge on?

 

Aldens

- I really like the shape from the side.

- My normal size 8 is sold out in them but I heard the barrie last fits big so I was going to try a 7.5 (correct me if I'm wrong)

- It's almost $600 with tax

 

Oak Street Bootmakers

- Similar shape

- Not too big of the color of the outsole

- Significantly cheaper (around $430)

post #1274 of 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoudidntgf View Post

Posted this on the GYW subreddit on reddit but didn't get enough people's inputs.  Hope I can get some people on this thread to help me out.



 



I need an opinion from everyone.



I have been waiting for a good slim natural CXL derby after I missed out on the Viberg x SF 2030 one but have been losing hope since I haven't seen anything too similar since then. After seeing the Alden x J.Crew Oxford
 

I've decided to be impatient and just decide between those and the OSB Natural CXL Plain Toe Blucher

. I've heard negative and positive things about both companies. Which one do you think I should take the plunge on?



 



Aldens



- I really like the shape from the side.



- My normal size 8 is sold out in them but I heard the barrie last fits big so I was going to try a 7.5 (correct me if I'm wrong)



- It's almost $600 with tax



 



Oak Street Bootmakers



- Similar shape



- Not too big of the color of the outsole



- Significantly cheaper (around $430)



Even though I primarily wear OSBs, I prefer the aesthetic of the Aldens over OSBs. With that being said, I think $600 is a lot for those. What do you mean you don't like the color of the outsole of the OSB? The leather sole?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Oak Street Bootmakers