• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roda thoughts opinions input

negusnegas

Reaction score
This brand appears be virtually non existent on the interwebz. I have tried googling and have been able to come up with very limited information on them beyond some very superficial information. Both of the Bloomies locations in the city carry some blazers by the brand and I have to say I for one am a fan, but can't quite figure out if I think the quality warrants the price point. My take is that they are some of the more nicely draped and superbly comfortable jackets. Does anybody have experience with them? Quality? If they are not a manufacturer then who manufactures for them etc.
Thanks for the input in advance.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wearing a Roda tie today. The tie is of very solid construction and is made of a wonderful 60 ounce silk. I'm not sure how indicative this piece is of the brand, but it's my only expereince with the company.

negusnegas

Reaction score
Thanks..for some reason its feels as if the only information about them relates to their accessories such as ties and scarves offerings.

stylemaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by negusnegas
Thanks..for some reason its feels as if the only information about them relates to their accessories such as ties and scarves offerings.

I have some beautiful Roda shirts - not quite barba quality, but close.

negusnegas

Reaction score
thanks Carl.. i didn't even know they did shirts...how is it possible for a brand to be this below the radar in this day in age...

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Like others, my experience with them is quite limited - I own two pocket squares by them. They are both very nice and amongst my favorites. Nice cashmere/silk blends with handrolled edges. I like. But I don't know anything about their tailored clothing.

negusnegas

Reaction score
Thanks NOBD...easily one of the weirdest websites I have ever navigated

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. Yes, rather weird"”I like it.

Icehawk

Reaction score
I found a Roda sports coat which I like but was curious about relative quality & retail pricing - anyone have some info? Basically the same question as the OP from last year...

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
I found a Roda sports coat which I like but was curious about relative quality & retail pricing - anyone have some info? Basically the same question as the OP from last year...

show us the piece so we can help

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is that they extended their offerings only in the last seasons. I have some nice cashmere scarves and two wool/cashmere sweaters bought here in Switzerland. Only in the last year I saw Roda pants/shirts/coats/outerwear. They are priced similarly and sold next to Piombo, Truzzi, Allegri, Herno, Cucinelli, Malo, etc. I have not tried their sportcoats, but was no impressed with the fit of their winter jackets sized small/medium/etc. I'm not a big fan of how Luca Roda dresses, but if you like the flashy Italian casual dress, go with it
%E3%83%AD%E3%83%802009SS-3%E5%85%A8%E8%BA%AB.jpg
%E3%83%AD%E3%83%802009SS-2%E5%85%A8%E8%BA%AB.jpg
%E3%83%AD%E3%83%802009SS-1%E5%85%A8%E8%BA%AB.jpg
%E3%83%AD%E3%83%802-2%E5%85%A8%E8%BA%AB.jpg

mic

Reaction score
Holy CRAP. I have a beautiful cashmere tie I got from the B&S... I never imagined how loony the brand was.

Makes me appreciate the tie more!

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
show us the piece so we can help

I'm thinking about going back to look at it tomorrow, if I do I'll snap a few shots. Totally unstructured & unlined, marked "S", a bit like the bright blue 3 button pictured above in shape/style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads