• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim/chambray shirts

max1227

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a quality denim or chambray shirt...any suggestions?

Athlete218

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max1227
I'm looking to get a quality denim or chambray shirt...any suggestions?

are these in style now? i see a lot

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naked and Famous Vintage Nep Denim shirt:
4891833345_cc071abd5d_z.jpg
4891830417_af2e889db4_z.jpg

rlx

Reaction score
They are in every f/w 2010 collection. Shouldn't have a problem finding one.

The Thin Man

Reaction score
For a reasonably priced, decently fashioned, not-so-unique option, there's Mr. J. Crew.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers extra slim fit chambray is a great buy at $70

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is only one denim shirt: RRL

pendragon

Reaction score
That J Crew shirt has been the hit of the season. It is still selling for full price.

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I'm actually wearing that J. Crew shirt today, I love it. Very comfortable and a great fit, though I recommend sizing down one if you prefer a trimmer look.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I 2nd Lands End Canvas for a cheaper version. If you want to upgrade it, you can buy some MOP buttons and have those swapped out for the crappy plastic ones they put on. For the grey shirts, you can put in smoke MOP buttons; I think those look better on that grey.

The J Crew shirt that was linked above, however, I think is much more stylish than the LEC offers. If you have the money, however, I'd go with the RRL. Only do LEC if you're on a tight budget. You only need one of these, so it might as well be a great piece.

NonPoly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Naked and Famous Vintage Nep Denim shirt:

4891833345_cc071abd5d_z.jpg

4891830417_af2e889db4_z.jpg

Where can I get that?

stimulacra

Reaction score
I've been on a hunt for a decent red chambray shirt for the past few months. Quite by accident I walked into an American Apparel and saw a decent stock of red chambray shirts (button down collar, priced $58). Tried one on and the fit was pretty good, fabric was a little stiff.

I didn't pull the trigger because I am not familiar at all with how AA's button down shirts hold up. Was curious to know if anyone has any experience with them?

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stimulacra
I've been on a hunt for a decent red chambray shirt for the past few months. Quite by accident I walked into an American Apparel and saw a decent stock of red chambray shirts (button down collar, priced $58). Tried one on and the fit was pretty good, fabric was a little stiff.

I didn't pull the trigger because I am not familiar at all with how AA's button down shirts hold up. Was curious to know if anyone has any experience with them?

Just to add, Lands End Canvas has a red chambray shirt, and they have 25% off sales once every four weeks or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads