or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Bayfield boot- any experiences?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Bayfield boot- any experiences? - Page 2

post #16 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor Xll View Post
Its on there already and i can add it to my cart. So whats wrong with it?

There used to be text on the product page indicating a ship date of September 15th or thereabouts.

Given that the text is no longer there I'm presuming they underpromised and overdelivered, and the boots are now available.
post #17 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
$350 is a good deal? I thought that was pretty pricey... I'm used to paying more like $150 or 200, but if no other shoemaker makes something like the Bayfield I'll settle for it.

I bought the maroon for $60 new and the black for $95 new, wore once and sold for $140 and $155 each. I have not paid retail for shoes in 20 years.
post #18 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I am almost about to post.


- B

Sometimes a PP cannot be forced.
post #19 of 150
Walk by the downtown AE store daily on the way to the gym. None yet.

Who has them? Post pics.

I was going to buy a pair of Aldens, but these boots = the awesome.
post #20 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston View Post
Walk by the downtown AE store daily on the way to the gym. None yet.

Who has them? Post pics.

I was going to buy a pair of Aldens, but these boots = the awesome.

Buy the Aldens.
post #21 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by xudisco07 View Post
Buy the Aldens.

I should. I need some new monks. I like the chukkas too, but they are not very sleek.

I've been happy with my AE shoes. I have the Del Rays and the Van Ness Oxfords.

The Bayfields are a nice boot. Undecided : - (
post #22 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
I bought the maroon for $60 new and the black for $95 new, wore once and sold for $140 and $155 each. I have not paid retail for shoes in 20 years.


3 September 2010


- B
post #23 of 150
I picked up a pair of these in brown at Macy's in Herald Square, NYC today. Through tomorrow (I think) they've got a big 20% off everything deal going on. Somehow I got a coupon/card in the mail about it, but when I was looking at the boots, the salesman just offered the discount - great way to grab these beauties (or any AE) for less than retail. If you're willing, you can always sign up for the store credit card for 15% additional off, but that's if you're brave and aren't worried about your FICO.
post #24 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivmo View Post
I picked up a pair of these in brown at Macy's in Herald Square, NYC today. Through tomorrow (I think) they've got a big 20% off everything deal going on.

Somehow I got a coupon/card in the mail about it, but when I was looking at the boots, the salesman just offered the discount - great way to grab these beauties (or any AE) for less than retail.

If you're willing, you can always sign up for the store credit card for 15% additional off, but that's if you're brave and aren't worried about your FICO.

can you post up some pictures with slacks/jeans?

if only my macy's carry anything but bostonians and timberlands.
post #25 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post

I see they have improved a bit with the product shots. That boot doesn't look half bad.
post #26 of 150
Meh, you can get Alden for not much more. These seem a bit dull to me.
post #27 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou View Post
Meh, you can get Alden for not much more. These seem a bit dull to me.

I think they stack up well with any Alden boot...and are even more sleek than most.

One think I dont like about these boots in the sole. Looks kind of work bootish
post #28 of 150
I can't get over how far apart the eyelets are. Amazing.
post #29 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbris1 View Post
I see they have improved a bit with the product shots. That boot doesn't look half bad.

Saw it in person yesterday. My opinion of it improved muchly. Worth considering.
post #30 of 150
Just got them yesterday from Shoe Bank. Probably better with jeans than dress clothes, but all in all I'm happy with the purchase. I just wouldn't feel right trudging through snow in something that cost more than $300.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Bayfield boot- any experiences?