or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cheap MTM shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheap MTM shoes

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Was wondering if anyone makes cheap MTM shoes in the $600 range?
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeis
Was wondering if anyone makes cheap MTM shoes in the $600 range?

Vogel charges $700 per pair, after a one time last fee of $350.

http://www.vogelboots.com/index.asp
post #3 of 18
The Vogel quality is said to not be very good however.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
The Vogel quality is said to not be very good however.

That's only by comparison to hand-made bespoke shoes, because they bill themselves as a bespoke maker. For a machine made product at that price point, the quality is fine.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
That's only by comparison to hand-made bespoke shoes, because they bill themselves as a bespoke maker. For a machine made product at that price point, the quality is fine.
Yeah, the problem is not the make so much as the lasts. The Vogel shoes that I have seen look decidedly less elegant than comparably priced RTW shoes.
post #6 of 18
Martegani have recieved good reviews around these parts. Most are in the $300-400 dollar range, though.

Cheers,
D
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green
Martegani have recieved good reviews around these parts. Most are in the $300-400 dollar range, though.

Cheers,
D

Martegani isn't MTM, at least i have never seen that program from them.
post #8 of 18
Otabo shoes are in that range, but the lasts are ugly.
post #9 of 18
hongkong shoemakers charge around $280++ last time i checked.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy
hongkong shoemakers charge around $280++ last time i checked.

also! in fact i know a place that will make for $100++ usd! the leather is sneaker leather quality!
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha
also! in fact i know a place that will make for $100++ usd! the leather is sneaker leather quality!

That's awful cheap!!! For $100 MTM shoes you get sneaker leather quality! Are the soles made of rubber or a lesser material? Such as Cardboard.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
That's awful cheap!!! For $100 MTM shoes you get sneaker leather quality! Are the soles made of rubber or a lesser material? Such as Cardboard.
no pukka leather soles! they are ok actuly i have got a cuple of pairs! but is the neon tick that my conservative bosses are not too keen on
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeis
Martegani isn't MTM, at least i have never seen that program from them.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that a visit to Rider could give similar results. He indicated to me that he could work with my big feet.

From his first post on this thread
Quote:
The most unique aspect of the new Martegani is probably the openness of the factory to produce customized orders on a one-by-one basis at a reasonable cost and delivery...this is rare and really fits into how the industry has evolved here in the US, with tailored clothing stores becoming the main points of distribution for better shoes as the quality/numbers of good shoe shops has declined tremendously over the last decade here.

I doubt one would consider it a full bespoke shoe. Maybe not MTM by name, but certainly custom fit with some very happy customers around these parts.

Cheers,
D
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green
I could be wrong but it was my understanding that a visit to Rider could give similar results. He indicated to me that he could work with my big feet.

From his first post on this thread


I doubt one would consider it a full bespoke shoe. Maybe not MTM by name, but certainly custom fit with some very happy customers around these parts.

Cheers,
D


Thats more what i'm looking for. Something that can be tweaked to say a person who has one foot thats a C and another thats a D or an E. Or differers in length. So they get a good fit but at a resonable price. I've been wanting to get marteganis for sometime and this will help my case. Thanks
post #15 of 18
No problem. Glad I could help. Run a search on them as they have been widely discussed here and on AAAC. I'm not sure if anyone in NY can do has a similar agreement to make custom shoes from Martegani. If so, I've not seen it mentioned here. Rider is in Richmond, Va as I recall.

Cheers,
D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cheap MTM shoes