or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA) - Page 16

post #226 of 283
Great thanks now I am armed with all the ramen info I need.

Anybody wanna offer any real assistance or ramen 101?
post #227 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Great thanks now I am armed with all the ramen info I need.

Anybody wanna offer any real assistance or ramen 101?


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092048/
post #228 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Are you kidding there isn't shit to eat in oc compared to LA.

Btw somebody school me on ramen at santoka, what options/choices are there and what is optimal me and kelvin have a lunch date coming up I want to be prepared so I can impress him.

get the SPECIAL PORK set. whatever that is, i think it's #7. make sure it's the one where the toppings are on the side. it's the best thing they have. so much so i have never gotten anything else there.
post #229 of 283
oh my fucking god first and only time i had ramen was at shinsengumi. It was okay, didn't get it. But damn. Daikokuya was fkn AMAZING. had the fried rice and it was also delicious.
post #230 of 283
^ this was the L.A. one I didn't have to wait in line more than 10 minutes but it is a tuesday night...
post #231 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post
get the SPECIAL PORK set. whatever that is, i think it's #7. make sure it's the one where the toppings are on the side. it's the best thing they have. so much so i have never gotten anything else there.

Cool thanks poly will try that.

A few of my other favorite spots as limited as they are in oc are

-anjin jap. bbq on paularino and bristol across from the supermarket santoka is in (best things are #5 marbled prime rib, #43 fried rice in earth stone pot and beef tatake to start). This place is only open from 5pm-1am no reservations and long wait unless you go b/w 5-6

-gulfstream for fish restaurant

-bandera for the most amazing french dip, mac n cheese, cornbread, burgers (same as houstons)

-johns philly grill in hb (the one on goldenwest and edinger) for the best cheesesteaks, dude is from philly
post #232 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
A few of my other favorite spots as limited as they are in oc are


yo where can I kop a good falafel, hummous and baklava?
post #233 of 283
Ever been to shamshiri?
post #234 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
yo where can I kop a good falafel, hummous and baklava?

I don't know but paradise on glenoaks has some great pastries as do a couple of other spots in glendale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Ever been to shamshiri?

I'm not sure if I've gone but I've eaten at a few persian joints in oc, la, westwood and raffis in glendale is my go to spot. It's the best tasting, cheapest and most generous along with great casual patio dining. Get the barg kebab (filet) cooked medium (or else it comes out dry) and it's almost enough for two, with some tea afterwards with zooloobya and bomya desert pastres drenched in melted sugar. The perfect meal and the chicken barg is nice too even though it looks glow in the dark.
post #235 of 283
i am going to be getting my gruuuuub on for the next few months perhaps I won't look like a malnourished viet refugee after i hit all these spots
post #236 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsense View Post
oh my fucking god

first and only time i had ramen was at shinsengumi. It was okay, didn't get it.


But damn. Daikokuya was fkn AMAZING. had the fried rice and it was also delicious.

been kind of disenchanted from ramen after going to shinsengumi's.
there's just something wrong about paying $12 to eat average ramen...
would rather eat 2 packs of some doctored instant ramen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Cool thanks poly will try that.

A few of my other favorite spots as limited as they are in oc are

-anjin jap. bbq on paularino and bristol across from the supermarket santoka is in (best things are #5 marbled prime rib, #43 fried rice in earth stone pot and beef tatake to start). This place is only open from 5pm-1am no reservations and long wait unless you go b/w 5-6

-gulfstream for fish restaurant

-bandera for the most amazing french dip, mac n cheese, cornbread, burgers (same as houstons)

-johns philly grill in hb (the one on goldenwest and edinger) for the best cheesesteaks, dude is from philly

haven't tried most of these places. i'll give it a shot, thanks.
oc food isn't that bad though.
post #237 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I'm not sure if I've gone but I've eaten at a few persian joints in oc, la, westwood and raffis in glendale is my go to spot. It's the best tasting, cheapest and most generous along with great casual patio dining. Get the barg kebab (filet) cooked medium (or else it comes out dry) and it's almost enough for two, with some tea afterwards with zooloobya and bomya desert pastres drenched in melted sugar. The perfect meal and the chicken barg is nice too even though it looks glow in the dark.

figure there had to be some awesome persian joints in Glendale. There's a good lebanese place right near my pad that is a go to for Shwarma, Falafel, etc. but always into checking out other habib eateries
post #238 of 283
i don't know if prices have changed but the bowl was $8.50 last night which isn't tooo bad.
post #239 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
there's just something wrong about paying $12 to eat average ramen... would rather eat 2 packs of some doctored instant ramen.
and this is posted on style forum where nerds pay $200+ for jeans and $100 is a good sale price for an oxford shirt I think anything up to $10 is a good price unless I'm dumping all kinds of shit into the soup base, which I rarely do. Chashu, green onion, bean sprouts and maybe bamboo shoots is all I need. Hold the ginger and dump the egg into the trash
post #240 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Cool thanks poly will try that.

-johns philly grill in hb (the one on goldenwest and edinger) for the best cheesesteaks, dude is from philly

i'll have to try that now. i'm content with philly's best chains, they import armoroso rolls on a daily basis which is amazing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA)