or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers? - Page 14

post #196 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum View Post
Rest assured, I could afford both her "cabe" ride home and the new underwear that she'd need before she slipped back into your place....because I'm a gentleman


You guys are so f***ing easy, hahaha....That's why I'm King

You are still avoiding my challenge to refute the points in my original post.

You are bragging about being the "king" of an internet forum, ha-ha.

You sell suits for minimum wage and brag about acting like a jerk to customers.

Your post above it not only immature, it's not even clever/funny.

Nuff said. Good day.
post #197 of 654
Since this thread is really armchair pscyh 101 I think the 'girl' thing is a subconcious, manifested totem/object of each of your own desires for dominance. I think it would be prudent to remember that sharing the role of the receiver or 'bottom' will build your relationship further.

That is something you could probably hash out on your own, though.
post #198 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5 View Post
Since this thread is really armchair pscyh 101 I think the 'girl' thing is a subconcious, manifested totem/object of each of your own desires for dominance. I think it would be prudent to remember that sharing the role of the receiver or 'bottom' will build your relationship further.

That is something you could probably hash out on your own, though.

We have done a lot worse on SF...

This thread is costume drama to some of the exchanges and verbal duels in a very recent past.
post #199 of 654
More stories please, particularly from suityourself. Last I checked, the thread was 'Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?', not 'Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers and how to accept constructive criticism.'.
post #200 of 654
since 90% of this is two assholes discussing the morals of customer service. Also Suit ive had almost identical experiences to your over and over again. luls 1.) A lady walks in and says to me "do you sell formal t shirts?" me: "im not really sure what you consider formal t shirts but here is the style we have." her: "those are far to casual" me: "im sorry but this is the only style we have" she says thank you and leaves. then another associate comes over to me and asks if she really wanted a formal t shirt. he says "maybe she wanted one with a pocket" 2.) a guy comes over to me holding two polos. him: "im going to a wedding and already have brown pants which polo would you wear." me: " for a wedding i personally would wear a button down shirt at the very least" him: "but the wedding is outside so i dint want to be too formal" me: "oh well then i'd go with the polo that's not the meshy golf fabric" him: "but i prefer the texture of that one." me: "then you should get whichever you prefer the most" 3.) guy comes in looking for a suit. him: "im looking for a suit" me: "ok lets get you sized" I proceed to size the guy and hes a 42L. him: the jacket is to big in the chest. me: you can have that taken in no problem and it will fit you perfect. him: let me try on the 42R he tries it on and the sleeves are far FAR to short. Me: you need the 42L you will not be able to let out the sleeves enough on the 42R and the length is to short in the jacket. it was at this point i realized he didn't know what he wanted and wasn't going to buy anything. So i let him be for a while. He then comes over to me and says him: what size is on that display? me: that is a 42S him: can i try that on? I looked at him in disbelief. Me: no that jacket will not fit. him: how do you know? me: if the 42R is far to short the 42S most defiantly will not fit you. him: but can i try it on? me: You need the 42L I walked away and shortly after he left. was he an idiot? maybe. But i certainly wasn't going to sell him a 42S suit. I mean he would have told people where he bought it. lul 4) a man is trying on a suit and says: him: the sleeves are too short. he proceeds to hold out his arms in front of him. Me: you don't normally walk around like a zombie do you him: no 5) another man i was helping tries on a jacket that fit very well for a RTW off the rack suit. He proceeds to do bear hug motion. Him: its to tight along the back. me: do you have to cross your arms like that often? him: no me: then the jacket fits you perfect except when you have to do bear hug. 6) lady approaches me: her: my son is having a wedding on the beach and he has a Tommy Bahama shirt and silk pants but I wanted him to wear a sport coat. After walking around for a while showing her the options she left. I thought to myself who on earth would wear a sport coat with an untucked Tommy Bahama shirt and pants. 7) A lady approaches me and says: her: "IM DEAF!" now this would be fine but the problem was in her telling me this I to had gone deaf from he loud scream shoved directly in my ear lol. 8) Does this grey suit go with this blue tie and white shirt. does this blue shirt go with the gold tie. so on and so forth I love retail and when these people were not rude. But they certainly make for an entertaining work day.
post #201 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post
1.)

A lady walks in and says to me "do you sell formal t shirts?"

me: "im not really sure what you consider formal t shirts but here is the style we have."
her: "those are far to casual"
me: "im sorry but this is the only style we have"

she says thank you and leaves. then another associate comes over to me and asks if she really wanted a formal t shirt. he says "maybe she wanted one with a pocket"
Maybe she wanted a short-sleeved shirt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post


8)

Does this grey suit go with this blue tie and white shirt.
does this blue shirt go with the gold tie.
so on and so forth
Sounds like half the threads on this forum
post #202 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post
1.)

A lady walks in and says to me "do you sell formal t shirts?"

me: "im not really sure what you consider formal t shirts but here is the style we have."
her: "those are far to casual"
me: "im sorry but this is the only style we have"

she says thank you and leaves. then another associate comes over to me and asks if she really wanted a formal t shirt. he says "maybe she wanted one with a pocket"

post #203 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
Maybe she wanted a short-sleeved shirt?

nope she wanted a t shirt... not a button down.
post #204 of 654
A co worker recently went through about an hour with a customer picking out everything from ties to suits, sportcoats and pants. After a fitting and picking accessories he lays it out on the counter and rings up merch for a total of about 2400. Before paying, the man calls his wife, who informs him of the "bill me later" option recently added to our website. The man hangs up, informs us he will be buying online and walks out of the store. Seriously that stuff is heartbreaking for us salesassociates.
post #205 of 654
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston View Post
Examples? Still no substance to your claims.

All you've done is show the whole forum that you are an immature little child, who in fact, is a rude sales guy making 15 bucks an hour, mad at the world.

I'd send a woman over to you...that is if you could afford to pay for her cabe ride home, "big shot".


What's a cabe?
post #206 of 654
Thread Starter 
15.) A late 20s guy walked in one day and said he needed a shirt and tie to wear with his black (!!!) suit for a wedding this weekend. He said his girlfriend told him he looks good in red because--and this is where it got stupid--he's a "winter" (or was he a "summer" . . . ?)

Anyways . . . for the purpose of recounting this tale, let's just say he was a "winter" . . .

. . . so, he said his girlfriend told him to get a red shirt and red tie because that colour would look good on him.

Personally, I never understood this thing about people being a winter or a summer . . . it's all horsehit as far as I'm concerned; it's all crap designed to sell more makeup to women, I think.

So, buddy said to me, "Yeah, she told me red is a good colour for me because she says I'm a winter."

Good for you, buddy.

"Don't you agree it'd look good on me?" he asked me.

What the hell was he asking me this for? It was quite obvious he'd be buying that colour no matter what I'd say.

I said to him very politely, "Personally, sir, I never understood all this stuff about people being a winter or a summer or what have you. I buy whatever colours I like simply because I know what I like but I don't mind listening to, and taking into consideration, the advice and suggestions of friends and acquaintances but, when all is said and done, I am the one who's wearing it and therefore it should be my decision."

That was a hint for buddy.

He looked at me, puzzled. "You don't know about winters and summers?"

"No, not really."

"Well, I don't think you should be working in fashion then. How can you help your customers if you don't know that?"

"I do just fine, sir. I've been doing this long enough to know my customers like what I do for them in matters of dress and I do, if I may say, dress well enough not to solicit strange looks from people."

He was not convinced. "Well, you really should read up on this stuff. It would be of benefit to you."

Whatever, buddy.

"Will you be going with this red shirt and red tie, sir?"

"Do you think they would look good on me?"

"Do you really need to ask me that? Your girlfriend told you what looks good on you. Isn't that enough?"

"Well, what would you pick for me instead?"

I showed him some options, mostly blues and greys.

"Oh. I don't like those at all. I don't think they would look good on me."

"I think you should buy what you like."

"Well, isn't your job to advise customers what would look good on them?"

"You told me I don't know what I'm doing. Why would I want to contradict myself with someone who's already told you what would look good on you and who's already told you what to buy?"

Silence.

"Will you be going with this red shirt and red tie, sir?"

I keyed in the sale and he left.

A few days later (the morning of the wedding), buddy came walking into the store carrying the bag with his red shirt and red tie in it.

"Hello," I greeted him.

"Um, I took the shirt and tie home and tried them on and my girlfriend told me the colour doesn't look good on me."

THERE IS A GOD.

"Oh, really?" I said, trying to sound surprised. I did my best to hide my glee.

"Yeah. She said it doesnt' look good on me at all."

"Did she say what colour WOULD look good on you?"

No answer.

"Could you help me pick out something? I need to be at the wedding in two hours."

I showed him the same light blue shirt and black/grey/blue paisley tie from last time.

"I like those. Okay. I'll take those."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

I exchanged the shirt and tie for him and he left.

He didn't come back the next day to say the shirt and tie didn't look good on him.



16.) A mid 40s guy came into the store. He told me he just came from Sears and said he wanted--and I quote--"a button-down shirt."

"I'm sorry, sir. We don't have any button-down collars right now."

"What do you mean?"

"We don't have any button-down collar shirts at the moment."

"No, no. I need a button shirt."

"What do you mean, a 'button shirt'? Do you mean a shirt with a button-down collar?"

"I mean I need a button shirt!"

"We don't have any button-down collars right now."

Buddy was getting agitated at this point.

"LOOK, I JUST NEED A BUTTON SHIRT! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? THE PEOPLE AT SEARS KNOW WHAT A BUTTON SHIRT IS! THEY HAVE BUTTON SHIRTS THERE! WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT A BUTTON SHIRT IS?!"

"All shirts have buttons, sir. Do you mean you just want a shirt that has buttons down the front of it as compared to a shirt that doesn't have buttons going down the front, or do you mean you want a shirt that has buttons on the collar points?"

"JESUS CHRIST! I JUST WANT A FUCKING BUTTON SHIRT! FUCK THIS! JESUS! I'M GOING BACK TO SEARS! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE! JESUS!"

Stupid moron.



17.) I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE COME IN AND PRETEND THEY WANT TO BUY A SUIT OR A SHIRT AND ASK US TO MEASURE THEM WHEN IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS TO ALL OF US THAT THEY JUST WANT TO BE MEASURED BY COMPETENT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF BECAUSE THE DISCOUNT STORE THEY JUST CAME FROM DOESN'T HAVE SALES STAFF ON THE FLOOR AND, THEREFORE, NO ONE TO MEASURE THEM AND THEN THEY JUST LEAVE AND GO BACK TO THAT STORE TO BUY BECAUSE THEY NOW KNOW WHAT SIZE THEY WEAR.

It's funny how people complain about the lack of customer service these days and how they say they don't want to shop at a store that doesn't have good customers service. And, so, what do they do? They come into OUR store because they know WE are specialists in menswear and they asked us to measure them and then they leave and go buy at a store that doesn't have helpful and knowledgeable sales staff. So why do they go back to that store to buy? IT'S BECAUSE THAT STORE HAS LOWER PRICES.



18.) A woman in her early 50s came in with her adult son (about mid or late 20s) and asked me if I could tie her son's tie for him.

It was she who did the speaking, not her son.

I said yes, I'd be happy to tie the tie for her son.

She took the tie out from the plastic grocery bag (here we go again!) and I looked at the tie in disbelief.

It was a CHILD'S tie.

It was a tie meant for a SMALL BOY about eight years old or younger.

How could I tell? The tie was about three-quarters of an inch wide (if that!) and was about 20 inches long. It may even have been shorter than 20 inches.

I told her, "This is a child's tie."

"Oh, yes. I know. It's my son's" She indicated the grown man standing beside her.

"This tie will not fit a grown man," I said. "This tie is meant for a little boy who's about eight years old or younger. It's too short for a grown man to wear; in fact, it would be FAR too short."

I thought that would have been the end of the matter.

Boy, was I wrong.

"We're going to a wedding and ties are so expensive," she said. "I don't see why my son needs to buy a new tie when he can just wear his old tie."

"Ma'am, this tie WILL NOT be long enough to fit a grown man who's as tall as your son; in fact, it cannot fit ANY grown man. This tie is for a young boy who'd be about four feet tall or shorter, if that. It is far too short for your son to wear. There'd be no point in me tying it because your son is too tall to wear it."

"Oh, I know but could you still tie it for him? He'd only be wearing it for one day."

Oh, Jesus.

It took me about five minutes to tie it BECAUSE IT WAS SO FUCKING SKINNY AND SHORT AND SHIT LIKE THAT AND WHEN I WAS FINALLY DONE, she told him to put it around his neck to make sure it would fit well.

Oh, Christ.

The knotted tie didn't fit around his head because, well, HIS HEAD WAS THAT OF A FUCKING GROWN MAN, NOT A FUCKING EIGHT YEAR OLD BOY.

"It doesn't fit around his neck," she said. "Could you re-tie it?"

The tie had been unknotted by the son in the process of him trying to put it over his head.

"Could you perhaps put it around his neck and tie it with it around his neck?" the mother asked.

"Ma'am, that will not work. This tie is FAR too short!"

"Oh, could you please try?" She was practically pleading with me at this point.

OH, CHRIST!

I spent the next five to seven minutes trying to tie it around his neck all to no avail.

Finally, I took the tie off of him.

I tied it with it wrapped around a mannequin's arm (the arm simulating the width of an eight year old boy's neck size) and slipped it off the arm when I was done. "This is the best I can do for you," I said. My tone of voice told them this was all I WOULD--AND WILL--do for them.

She was happy. "Oh, thank you, sir! My son will look so good at the wedding! Let's go home, son!"

They left.

Stupid morons.
post #207 of 654
^ I feel sorry for the son.
post #208 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum View Post
Background: Store policy was that any person who mentions cleansing drugs from her/his body or attempting to beat a drug test must be denied a transaction, and may not be directed to any products that they request.

20-something man walks into the store.

Him: Hey. Do you sell piss pills?
Me: (knowing what he wants, but luring him in) What do you mean?
Him: Those pills that make you take a piss, so you can pass a drug test
Me: We don't sell anything that's meant to help with passing drug tests.
Him: You don't? My friend said that she got it from here....(<----- The classic response)
Me: Oh yeah? What was the product called?
Him: I was called (fill in the blank) or something like that. Do you sell that?
Me: Hmmm. I'm not sure, but I have to let you know that since you mentioned a drug test, you can't buy anything.

After a few seconds of pleading his case, he leaves the store but stands right outside. He's makes a phone call. A few minutes later, a girl shows up and enters the store.

Her: Do you sell (same product as the previous guy)?
Me: Hmmmm. I'm not sure. Have you bought it here before?
Her: No. I'm getting it for somebody. It's supposed to help him pass a drug test or something (BINGO!)
Me: Oh. Well, we don't sell anything that helps will passing drug tests. If it's for that guy outside (nodding towards him), he should have told you that we can't sell anything to you if you mention a drug test.
Her: Really? He didn't tell me that. You can't sell anything to me?
Me: No

She leaves. I see her walk over to him and give him the bad news. He's noticeably disturbed. After a minute, he walks back into the store. The girl is trying to convince him not to. I brace myself for a brawl.

Him: (agitation in his voice) Can you just tell us where the stuff is?
Me: I can't sell you anything now. I can't even show you where different products are
Him: Why not!? Nobody's here to watch (<----Common response)
Me: It doesn't matter. Rules aren't only for when people are watching (<----Common Answer)
Him: MAN.....So you don't sell it? Where can I get it
Her: (to him) He said that he can't help us. Let's just go
Him: You're not going to tell me where I can get it?
Me: (no response)
Him: (slams his hand down on the counter) You're lucky
Me: I am, but why do you think so?
Him: (turns back in my direction, smiling) You're just lucky
Me: So are you. We all are. Have a nice day (sarcastic smile).

Those exchanges are what I loved about customer service

You're a douchebag. Not as much as douchebag as suitmyself who is a piece of shit.
post #209 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
15.) A late 20s guy walked in one day and said he needed a shirt and tie to wear with his black (!!!) suit for a wedding this weekend. He said his girlfriend told him he looks good in red because--and this is where it got stupid--he's a "winter" (or was he a "summer" . . . ?)

Anyways . . . for the purpose of recounting this tale, let's just say he was a "winter" . . .

. . . so, he said his girlfriend told him to get a red shirt and red tie because that colour would look good on him.

Personally, I never understood this thing about people being a winter or a summer . . . it's all horsehit as far as I'm concerned; it's all crap designed to sell more makeup to women, I think.

So, buddy said to me, "Yeah, she told me red is a good colour for me because she says I'm a winter."

Good for you, buddy.

"Don't you agree it'd look good on me?" he asked me.

What the hell was he asking me this for? It was quite obvious he'd be buying that colour no matter what I'd say.

I said to him very politely, "Personally, sir, I never understood all this stuff about people being a winter or a summer or what have you. I buy whatever colours I like simply because I know what I like but I don't mind listening to, and taking into consideration, the advice and suggestions of friends and acquaintances but, when all is said and done, I am the one who's wearing it and therefore it should be my decision."

That was a hint for buddy.

He looked at me, puzzled. "You don't know about winters and summers?"

"No, not really."

"Well, I don't think you should be working in fashion then. How can you help your customers if you don't know that?"

"I do just fine, sir. I've been doing this long enough to know my customers like what I do for them in matters of dress and I do, if I may say, dress well enough not to solicit strange looks from people."

He was not convinced. "Well, you really should read up on this stuff. It would be of benefit to you."

Whatever, buddy.

"Will you be going with this red shirt and red tie, sir?"

"Do you think they would look good on me?"

"Do you really need to ask me that? Your girlfriend told you what looks good on you. Isn't that enough?"

"Well, what would you pick for me instead?"

I showed him some options, mostly blues and greys.

"Oh. I don't like those at all. I don't think they would look good on me."

"I think you should buy what you like."

"Well, isn't your job to advise customers what would look good on them?"

"You told me I don't know what I'm doing. Why would I want to contradict myself with someone who's already told you what would look good on you and who's already told you what to buy?"

Silence.

"Will you be going with this red shirt and red tie, sir?"

I keyed in the sale and he left.

A few days later (the morning of the wedding), buddy came walking into the store carrying the bag with his red shirt and red tie in it.

"Hello," I greeted him.

"Um, I took the shirt and tie home and tried them on and my girlfriend told me the colour doesn't look good on me."

THERE IS A GOD.

"Oh, really?" I said, trying to sound surprised. I did my best to hide my glee.

"Yeah. She said it doesnt' look good on me at all."

"Did she say what colour WOULD look good on you?"

No answer.

"Could you help me pick out something? I need to be at the wedding in two hours."

I showed him the same light blue shirt and black/grey/blue paisley tie from last time.

"I like those. Okay. I'll take those."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

I exchanged the shirt and tie for him and he left.

He didn't come back the next day to say the shirt and tie didn't look good on him.



16.) A mid 40s guy came into the store. He told me he just came from Sears and said he wanted--and I quote--"a button-down shirt."

"I'm sorry, sir. We don't have any button-down collars right now."

"What do you mean?"

"We don't have any button-down collar shirts at the moment."

"No, no. I need a button shirt."

"What do you mean, a 'button shirt'? Do you mean a shirt with a button-down collar?"

"I mean I need a button shirt!"

"We don't have any button-down collars right now."

Buddy was getting agitated at this point.

"LOOK, I JUST NEED A BUTTON SHIRT! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? THE PEOPLE AT SEARS KNOW WHAT A BUTTON SHIRT IS! THEY HAVE BUTTON SHIRTS THERE! WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT A BUTTON SHIRT IS?!"

"All shirts have buttons, sir. Do you mean you just want a shirt that has buttons down the front of it as compared to a shirt that doesn't have buttons going down the front, or do you mean you want a shirt that has buttons on the collar points?"

"JESUS CHRIST! I JUST WANT A FUCKING BUTTON SHIRT! FUCK THIS! JESUS! I'M GOING BACK TO SEARS! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE! JESUS!"

Stupid moron.



17.) I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE COME IN AND PRETEND THEY WANT TO BUY A SUIT OR A SHIRT AND ASK US TO MEASURE THEM WHEN IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS TO ALL OF US THAT THEY JUST WANT TO BE MEASURED BY COMPETENT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF BECAUSE THE DISCOUNT STORE THEY JUST CAME FROM DOESN'T HAVE SALES STAFF ON THE FLOOR AND, THEREFORE, NO ONE TO MEASURE THEM AND THEN THEY JUST LEAVE AND GO BACK TO THAT STORE TO BUY BECAUSE THEY NOW KNOW WHAT SIZE THEY WEAR.

It's funny how people complain about the lack of customer service these days and how they say they don't want to shop at a store that don't have good customers service. And, so, what do they do? They come into OUR store because they know WE are specialists in menswear and they asked us to measure them and then they leave and go buy at a store that doesn't have helpful and knowledgeable sales staff. So why do they go back to that store to buy? IT'S BECAUSE THAT STORE HAS LOWER PRICES.



18.) A woman in her early 50s came in with her adult son (about mid or late 20s) and asked me if I could tie her son's tie for him.

It was she who did the speaking, not her son.

I said yes, I'd be happy to tie the tie for her son.

She took the tie out from the plastic grocery bag (here we go again!) and I looked at the tie in disbelief.

It was a CHILD'S tie.

It was a tie meant for a SMALL BOY about eight years old or younger.

How could I tell? The tie was about three-quarters of an inch wide (if that!) and was about 20 inches long. It may even have been shorter than 20 inches.

I told her, "This is a child's tie."

"Oh, yes. I know. It's my son's" She indicated the grown man standing beside her.

"This tie will not fit a grown man," I said. "This tie is meant for a little boy who's about eight years old or younger. It's too short for a grown man to wear; in fact, it would be FAR too short."

I thought that would have been the end of the matter.

Boy, was I wrong.

"We're going to a wedding and ties are so expensive," she said. "I don't see why my son needs to buy a new tie when he can just wear his old tie."

"Ma'am, this tie WILL NOT be long enough to fit a grown man who's as tall as your son; in fact, it cannot fit ANY grown man. This tie is for a young boy who'd be about four feet tall or shorter, if that. It is far too short for your son to wear. There'd be no point in me tying it because your son is too tall to wear it."

"Oh, I know but could you still tie it for him? He'd only be wearing it for one day."

Oh, Jesus.

It took me about five minutes to tie it BECAUSE IT WAS SO FUCKING SKINNY AND SHORT AND SHIT LIKE THAT AND WHEN I WAS FINALLY DONE, she told him to put around his neck to make sure it would fit well.

Oh, Christ.

The knotted tie didn't fit around his head because, well, HIS HEAD WAS THAT OF A FUCKING GROWN MAN, NOT A FUCKING EIGHT YEAR OLD BOY.

"It doesn't fit around his neck," she said. "Could you re-tie it?"

The tie had been unknotted by the son in the process of him trying to put it over his head.

"Could you perhaps put it around his neck and tie it with it around his neck?" the mother asked.

"Ma'am, that will not work. This tie is FAR too short!"

"Oh, could you please try?" She was practically pleading with me at this point.

OH, CHRIST!

I spent the next five to seven minutes trying to tie it around his neck all to no avail.

Finally, I took the tie off of him.

I tied it with it wrapped around a mannequin's arm (the arm simulating the width of an eight year old boy's neck size) and slipped it off the arm when I was done. "This is the best I can do for you," I said. My tone of voice told them this was all I WOULD--AND WILL--do for them.

She was happy. "Oh, thank you, sir! My son will look so good at the wedding! Let's go home, son!"

They left.

Stupid morons.

Ah Christ, I love this thread.
post #210 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
[b][color="Red"]16.) A mid 40s guy came into the store. He told me he just came from Sears and said he wanted--and I quote--"a button-down shirt."
"I'm sorry, sir. We don't have any button-down collars right now."
"What do you mean?"
"We don't have any button-down collar shirts at the moment."
"No, no. I need a button shirt."
"What do you mean, a 'button shirt'? Do you mean a shirt with a button-down collar?"
"I mean I need a button shirt!"
"We don't have any button-down collars right now."
Buddy was getting agitated at this point.
"LOOK, I JUST NEED A BUTTON SHIRT! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? THE PEOPLE AT SEARS KNOW WHAT A BUTTON SHIRT IS! THEY HAVE BUTTON SHIRTS THERE! WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT A BUTTON SHIRT IS?!"
"All shirts have buttons, sir. Do you mean you just want a shirt that has buttons down the front of it as compared to a shirt that doesn't have buttons going down the front, or do you mean you want a shirt that has buttons on the collar points?"
"JESUS CHRIST! I JUST WANT A FUCKING BUTTON SHIRT! FUCK THIS! JESUS! I'M GOING BACK TO SEARS! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE! JESUS!"
Stupid moron.
From the way you wrote this, it appears that you and he both knew exactly what he was looking for, and that you needlessly tormented him for his inability to use the terminology you prefer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?