or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers? - Page 9

post #121 of 654
This thread has some good sh!t in it. Me likes. I LOLd a few times. I like the dad trying to buy a 9 year old a size 44 suit. Awesomeness.
post #122 of 654
Older woman (probably 60s) walks into the store. She picks up a bottle of vitamin D and goes directly to the register. The conversation begins:

Me: Hi. How are you?
Her: Fine
Me: Did you find everything alright?
Her: Yes.

I scanned her product, and I told her what the total was. She gives me her money.

Me: Alright. You'll be getting.....back. Here's your change. Let me grab a bag for you.

I put her bottle into the bag and say, "......and there you are" as I hand it to her.

Her: There I am? Is that what you say?
Me: (confused)
Her: That's not what you say. You say, "Thank me for giving you your money."
Me: (confused) You should thank me for giving you your money?
Her: No! You should!
Me: (smiles)
Her: You're not going to say it? ....nothing wrong with having manners
Me: I agree with that.
Her: That's ok. I know that you all don't respect black women anyway....Especially the young people.
Me: (smiling) I'm not sure what you're talking about, but have a nice day anyway.
Her: (walking away still talking) ...That's ok.....
Me: Have a nice day

WTF was that? Customers like that make the day pass quickly. They entertain me while ruining their own days.
post #123 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Sartre was a total intellectual and that cunt is a total cunt, same thing applied to a different area.

Am I to assume that, in the real world, you the paragon of graciousness, understanding, and patience towards people who act like fools?
post #124 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
Am I to assume that, in the real world, you the paragon of graciousness, understanding, and patience towards people who act like fools?

I'm sure we all have our cuntly moments, but most of us don't celebrate them on the interwebs.
post #125 of 654
ITT: Funny stuck up guy posts stories, other unfunny stuck up guys take offense.
post #126 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by literasyme View Post
I'm sure we all have our cuntly moments, but most of us don't celebrate them on the interwebs.

See, I just don't see how he's being a cunt, or however you want to sum-up his behavior. I think it's safe to say that we all commonly treat people in a way that's inconsistent with our hidden opinions of them. Maybe it's just that I agree with Suitmyself and appreciate the frustration and perception of the situations he's conveying.
post #127 of 654
Are people dumb? generally yes. But perhaps with a little bit of an attempt to be patient and try and understand them instead of just immedietely assuming they're idiots and getting mad would help... That being said, keep 'em rolling!
post #128 of 654
I had one customer smear cuntjuice all over my suit and then have the nerve to ask for a refund on her used-up cuntjuice.
post #129 of 654
You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car. I made nine hundred and seventy thousand dollars last year. What did you make? You see, Pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.
post #130 of 654
^ Thats very close to your signature, there.
post #131 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5 View Post
I had one customer smear cuntjuice all over my suit and then have the nerve to ask for a refund on her used-up cuntjuice.

MetroStyles is so predictable.


- B
post #132 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
Isn't it funny that no one has stepped up to the plate and answered this question?

It's not easy, is it?

For a competent sales professional? Very. Whether you are selling private jets, millions dollar advertising campaigns or menswear, allowing a customer to "save face" and cushioning you criticism(s) is sales 101. I mean honestly, this is common sense.

Here is what you should have done:

11.) A big tall guy (about a size 48T) in his mid 20s came in one day with an old sport jacket in his hands and he asked me to help him team up some pants, shirts, and ties with it. I had a look at the label inside the jacket: it was our house brand but the jacket was about 25 years old.
Great.

He told me he bought this jacket at Value Village for $19.99 and wanted to know what he could wear with it.
So what?

I didn't bother showing him any pants and shirts and ties and whatnot; instead, I asked him to put on the jacket.
Nothing wrong with that.

I had no idea what size it was but, judging but how it looked on him, I would say it was a size 40R. I asked him to take it off and I measured his chest and overarm and he turned out to be a size 48T.
Fine.

I told him he shouldn't wear that jacket because it was nowhere close to being his size.

Wrong.

Right: Thank you! Sir, do you think your jacket might be a little short and tight up top? -- Cushion/indirect critasism

He seemed surprised. "Oh. Really? I thought it fit quite well."

Right: Not a problem sir, typically you want your jacket to allow ample room through the chest and the shoulders. Also, in regards to the length of your jacket, experts on menswear such as Alan Flusser, believe you should be able to cup the bottom of your jacket in your palms when your arms are relaxed and to your sides. You want your jacket to cover your backside, and your current coat does not look like it is able to do that. What do you think?

The jacket length just barely came down to the level of his navel and it needed at least an extra, oh, I don't know, 14 inches around the girth and the sleeves came down to about five inches above his wrists
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle - it is what it is.

"It doesn't fit me? Are you sure?"
Yes sir, according to the so called "laws of menswear" your jacket might be a bit short. That’s not a problem, we have several jackets that might accommodate your large frame.

"I'm very sure. You shouldn't wear this even if it did fit you. The jacket is at least 25 years old. Why don't you buy a new one? I have lots in your size and we have a sale on right now."

Wrong. No need to call him out on an old jacket.

Right: Sir, you might want to consider a new jacket that fits you better. I say this because it will really accentuate your lines and will last you quite a long time. Think of it as an investment. We have some great jackets on sale and I am sure I can fit you with something that meets your needs and that falls within your budget. What is your budget?

"Oh. I don't know. I thought this fit me really quite well."
Right:I totally understand, feeling comfortable in a jacket is very important. Perhaps you would like to try something along the lines of what I've been talking about?

He took off his jacket, put it back inside the plastic grocery bag he was carrying and said, "Well, I'll have to think about it."
He did this because you are a dick and you made him feel like shit.

He left.
Obviously.

Stupid idiot.
You are. You pissed off a customer, made him feel bad, and didn't sell a damn thing. Great work. You didn’t teach him anything. He left with a bad taste in his mouth.

As you have said multiple times, I am just doing this for your own good. Perhaps applying some of the techniques that I’ve outlined in this post will make you a better salesman, because you have a lot of work to do.

If you ever get into high level sales, pissing off an ignorant customer might cost you tens of thousands of dollars.



Forum members, which approach do you think is better?
post #133 of 654
i love the earnest personal development and self-actualization direction this thread is moving in.
post #134 of 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston View Post
blah blah blah

..
post #135 of 654
one of the tricks I've found is to call out the elephant in the room. I'll often overcome people's defenses by ernestly saying to them, "look, I know you probably think I'm just here to sell you a bunch of stuff for the company. I'm not. I'm here because I know a thing or two about menswear and I genuinely like this stuff. This is my job, this is what I do best. So trust me. I'm here to help you. To help you look and feel good and find something that's right for you. If something looks bad, I'll let you know. If there's something else that's similar at a better price, I'll show it to you. If I think the store down the street has a better option, I'll point you over there. So why don't you give me an idea of what you're looking for, and some of your preferences, along with your budget and we'll walk around and try on some things and take it from there?" I then walk around with them showing various things constantly asking "what do you think of this", etc, making sure to sometimes just hand them something and tell them to put it on. It's actually good to try on BAD things and tell them isn't not good since that earns trust. At the end of the day, maybe I'm too damn nice, but I really am just there because I like helping people. blah, end rant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?