or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Check this out; are these shoes for real?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Check this out; are these shoes for real? - Page 2

post #16 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Yes, I should have explained. Gorillas are currently on the endangered species list, and anyone who would wear them is an asshole. But these are special Gorilla hides. They were found in Antarctica in the1920's(many years prior to the ban), when Gorillas were not endangered. These Gorillas had emigrated from Africa in August, 1922 to Antarctica. It was a really hot summer in the Bush, and the Gorillas were looking to beat the heat by going South. Unfortunately, they were not slaughtered, but they froze to death!

When they were discovered it was decided to honor them. What better way than to use them for the ultra rare, and prestigious LouCostellos. The ultimate honor is that they are used only for the BudAbbott model. It is not well known, but in their lifetime Bud Abbot and Lou Costello were known for three things. Gambling, Whoring, and Gorilla Preservation, in that order!

This little tale has a bit of irony. Lou, and Bud and the Gorillas would be happy and proud. So as you can see, wearing the Gorilla Hide LouCstellos, is not being an asshole, but a wonderful way to honor Lou and the Gorillas!

I see.
post #17 of 66
Boy people are easily strung along...
post #18 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Boy people are easily strung along...

What makes you say that?
post #19 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
What makes you say that?
*ahem* Say what? I didn't say anything, I was just going over my grocery list to myself.
post #20 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
What makes you say that?


Sir, you said you have a photo?
post #21 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Yes, I should have explained. Gorillas are currently on the endangered species list, and anyone who would wear them is an asshole. But these are special Gorilla hides. They were found in Antarctica in the1920's(many years prior to the ban), when Gorillas were not endangered. These Gorillas had emigrated from Africa in August, 1922 to Antarctica. It was a really hot summer in the Bush, and the Gorillas were looking to beat the heat by going South. Unfortunately, they were not slaughtered, but they froze to death!

When they were discovered it was decided to honor them. What better way than to use them for the ultra rare, and prestigious LouCostellos. The ultimate honor is that they are used only for the BudAbbott model. It is not well known, but in their lifetime Bud Abbot and Lou Costello were known for three things. Gambling, Whoring, and Gorilla Preservation, in that order!

This little tale has a bit of irony. Lou, and Bud and the Gorillas would be happy and proud. So as you can see, wearing the Gorilla Hide LouCstellos, is not being an asshole, but a wonderful way to honor Lou and the Gorillas!



iiiiiiiiinteresting...

well if this is indeed true, then i can certainly understand your perspective. though that "little tale" is surely curious. in any case, i'd love to see a pic of these shoes.
post #22 of 66
Wow, your Antartic gorilla shoes almost beat my unicorn horn buttons and amphisbaena skin shoes. Almost...but not quite. I have a picture somewhere, will try to post soon.
post #23 of 66
What was that thread about?

Has the Shooman actually lost it? He hasn't been active recently.
post #24 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What was that thread about?

Has the Shooman actually lost it? He hasn't been active recently.
Well, to paraphase Calvin (the drawn one,) the trouble with being on message boards is knowing who's putting on who.
post #25 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by funk_soul_brother
iiiiiiiiinteresting...

well if this is indeed true, then i can certainly understand your perspective. though that "little tale" is surely curious. in any case, i'd love to see a pic of these shoes.

Wooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Look overhead.
post #26 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Wow, your Antartic gorilla shoes almost beat my unicorn horn buttons and amphisbaena skin shoes. Almost...but not quite. I have a picture somewhere, will try to post soon.


wow, i thought my shoes were unique,
how about green burnished antique Loch Ness monster hide algonquin toe bluchers?

completely handmade, also the apron and toe seam is completely hand sewn.
post #27 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe
wow, i thought my shoes were unique,
how about green burnished antique Loch Ness monster hide algonquin toe bluchers?

completely handmade, also the apron and toe seam is completely hand sewn.

Whatever, your algonquins can't hold a candle to my velociraptor evening pumps.
post #28 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Whatever, your algonquins can't hold a candle to my velociraptor evening pumps.

It's the toe claws, I think, that really make them. But they're hell on hardwoods.
post #29 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Well, to paraphase Calvin (the drawn one,) the trouble with being on message boards is knowing who's putting on who.
I don't know-his pictures of himself certainly backed up his persona, if so.

And I recall his rather disturbing tales of abuse.
post #30 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Whatever, your algonquins can't hold a candle to my velociraptor evening pumps.
God, there's a lot of bull being slung on this thread. Velociraptors? Come on! Loch Ness monster?! What's next, Sasquatch perineum?

It can't beat my David Eden coelacanth and tuatara spectators. They're from his "Living Fossil" collection. Coming to a Last Call near you.

I recall reading in one of Alexander Korda's pretentious book excerpts in the New Yorker that Peter Lawford had shoes made from embryonic sea turtle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Check this out; are these shoes for real?