or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Are you ready to leave your country forever?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are you ready to leave your country forever? - Page 4

post #46 of 133
I moved from Canada to Japan when I was 30. At the time I only planned to stay for a few months but it is 13 years now...and probably will be forever now that I have a home and family here.
post #47 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
I moved from Canada to Japan when I was 30.

Omg. Great cultural shift! How did you get used? Did you also marry japanese girl? No cultural troubles between you two?
post #48 of 133
wouldn't mind moving to a scandinavian country or germany
post #49 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgirl View Post
Barcelona!


did you recently watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona?
post #50 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG34 View Post
wouldn't mind moving to a scandinavian country or germany

the main and the only minus about scandinavian countries for me - is the weather, which is basically the same as in my home town (it takes me 4-5 hours to go to the centre of Helsinki by car from my house). if not this, i'd think over about Denmark... lovely country and i was suggested a job there.
post #51 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by spb_lady View Post
Omg. Great cultural shift! How did you get used? Did you also marry japanese girl? No cultural troubles between you two?

Yea, married with a bi-cultural/bilingual kid and two more on the way. Cultural troubles? Sure, every day....at home, at work and everywhere. But that is one of the things that makes life interesting.
post #52 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG34 View Post
did you recently watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona?

No, I was in Barcelona a couple of years ago and had the greatest time. I love their culture, the city, the people...definitely a favourite of mine.
post #53 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Yea, married with a bi-cultural/bilingual kid and two more on the way. Cultural troubles? Sure, every day....at home, at work and everywhere. But that is one of the things that makes life interesting.
when's she due?
post #54 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
when's she due?

Due date is mid-November but twins often come a few weeks early.
post #55 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Due date is mid-November but twins often come a few weeks early.

This is going to seem sarcastic, but it isn't: aww, twins! Congratulations.
post #56 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by spb_lady View Post
i'm not a common russian person... have never tried vodka yet
Maybe you should try living in Russia first, before you move. I could probably see my self living in Tokyo, doing something that caters to expats. I've always kinda wanted to open a burger joint/ movie theater in Tokyo.
post #57 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgirl View Post
This is going to seem sarcastic, but it isn't: aww, twins! Congratulations.

Thanks!
post #58 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Maybe you should try living in Russia first, before you move. .

i think i have already failed to become true russian girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
I could probably see my self living in Tokyo, doing something that caters to expats. I've always kinda wanted to open a burger joint/ movie theater in Tokyo.

aren't you from Japan originally?
post #59 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by spb_lady View Post
i think i have already failed to become true russian girl
Aww that's sad. Don't give up! All it takes is an overwhelming desire for branded material possessions gained at any cost - and a fat absentee husband who's out with his mistresses more than he's home with you. Then you can be a real, true Russian girl! In other words, don't be alarmed. You seem pretty normal, and living up to stereotypes is usually bad.
Quote:
aren't you from Japan originally?
Born in Seattle. Japanese father, Irish mother.
post #60 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
All it takes is an overwhelming desire for branded material possessions gained at any cost - and a fat absentee husband who's out with his mistresses more than he's home with you.

no wonder vodka is the most popular drink here poor russian wifes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
You seem pretty normal.

my mother would argue with you a lot


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Born in Seattle. Japanese father, Irish mother.

great match
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Are you ready to leave your country forever?