• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Still preseason, but w/e.

Colts got their asses handed to them today, but watching the game was good. We signed several good additions to the team, and the defense is looking good for it being the first game of the season. Excited to see Bob Sanders play on Thursday, and hopefully we will see 4 or 5 games before his inevitable yearly season-ending injury. Jerry Hughes is a massively talented kid, and for him to learn/play alongside Freeney and Mathis will be great for him IMO.

Who are you guys looking forward to watching this year?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the Cowboys dismantle the NFC East.

But more than that, looking forward to Redskins fans starting ANOTHER optimistic, overconfident thread before the season starts only to see their hopes shattered for the 4,309th straight season.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Looking forward to seeing the Cowboys dismantle the NFC East.

But more than that, looking forward to Redskins fans starting ANOTHER optimistic, overconfident thread before the season starts only to see their hopes shattered for the 4,309th straight season.

I watched part of the Dallas/Oakland game today. It was a decent game. The Cowboy's kicker has a cannon. 6/7 on the preseason already.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I watched part of the Dallas/Oakland game today. It was a decent game. The Cowboy's kicker has a cannon. 6/7 on the preseason already.

One of the roster issues last season is that we were carrying two kickers - one for kickoffs and Folk for FGs. Well Folk collapsed, so I suppose this year they are trying to make Buehler a complete kicker. I just hope he has the accuracy...his power was never in question.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dolphins -

still skeptical of the Brandon Marshall acquisition, but admire the swing for the fences mentality in getting him. he had the dropsies in the preseason game, but we'll see.

also not sure if Chad Henne's developed yet to be a big time starter, but he does have a go-to target, a cannon, and i expect the Fins' ground pound attack to return and give him a safety net.

defense looked good too. not ready to put them above the Patriots yet, or maybe not even the Jets, but i expect this to be a competitive team

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ The Dolphins were super-fun to watch last year. Loved the reliance on wildcat. If they keep up the entertaining style of play I'll casually root for them in 2010.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jets: 8-8
giants: 7-9

aside from that who ******* cares.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
jets: 8-8
giants: 7-9

aside from that who ******* cares.

Apparently anyone who likes playoff football. Also I think you are underestimating the Giants...I think they finish 9-7.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^no way. they suck royally. running game is **** and eli just doesn't have the swagger.

I watch any game that's on, but I really only care about the fate of the locals. and rex ryan will be a lot less entertaining without revis. 8-8 may be generous.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What happens to Revis next year if he doesn't play? Is it the exact same thing with the Jets a year from today? Why would his bargaining position be better next season?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ROAR!!!!

new_lions_logo.png

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this happens a lot in the NFL (though less than it used to). I think he can opt out after this year, though if he sits out I dunno if that brings him closer to free agency. in a sport where careers are short, I think it's a bad tactic.

I dunno, I am less and less into pro sports with each passing year.

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
What happens to Revis next year if he doesn't play? Is it the exact same thing with the Jets a year from today? Why would his bargaining position be better next season?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think ESPN reported (trying to find the report) that if he doesn't partake in this season at any point, some weird clause comes into play on the contract and he doesn't move closer to free agency.

probably why both parties in the couple days have publicly stated they are still in negotiations.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found it

Revis is being fined $16,523 for each day he misses, meaning he's out $198,276. By sitting out, he waived a clause in his contract which would have guaranteed him $20 million over the last two years of his deal. Also, by not reporting by Aug. 10, Revis will not get credit for this year as an accrued season toward free agency.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love football, but I hate NFL pre-season games. The Colts seem to always play to loose prior to the season so I don't watch or go to those games.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads