• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers "Back fo Campus" and "Back to Town" Collections

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
They ruined the collar roll on the Extra Slim Fit shirts by making the collar smaller. The back collar button and flap pockets are nice Ivy details but leave it to BB to get something horribly wrong while trying to be hip.

a-rock

Reaction score
Posted this over in MC....

The girls in the catalog... man. All-American perfection. How can you not like that coy look on the blonde?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Milano chinos in the vintage wash look interesting. I like the nantucket red featured in the fall preview. I love JCrew broken-in chinos and wish they still had the red.

I agree on the shorter collars. I have a tall neck and need that standard height at least. RL custom fits are good in that regard, as are JCrew secret wash (although not as slim). I don't think you can blame BB though for that as many brands shorten the collar on their slimmer fit BDs. To maintain the proportions, I guess?

The charcoal herringbone blazer in Fitzgerald cut... I like. Was about to get one of the JCrew tweeds but the Fitzgerald might be a better cut and quality.

a-rock

Reaction score
Just tried the Milanos... very nice. I actually had to size up in the waist. Picked up a pair of navy and red at SCP for 50% off ($30).

Saw a lot of the new fall. SA said more coming in Tuesday of next week. I really liked several of the cotton unlined Fitzgerald sportcoats although not for full price ($500). The Milano chinos for fall are now "vintage", meaning more washed and slightly sunfaded. The difference is even evident just from looking at the website (Seasonal casual pants >> Milano chinos in Red vs Clearance Milano >> Milano chinos in Red).

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Do brooks bros pants fit true to size (ie 32 measures 33") or are they vanity sized like j crew?

a-rock

Reaction score
You really have to be specific about the line. They have at least 4 cuts in their casual trousers. Since you mentioned JCrew, I'd say the Milanos fit almost like the urban slim fit.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
The charcoal herringbone blazer in Fitzgerald cut... I like. Was about to get one of the JCrew tweeds but the Fitzgerald might be a better cut and quality.

It looks good. The "Finest Italian Wool/Nylon" description on the J.Crew page is laughable.

I do have a J.Press tweed but it never fulfilled the casual role I intended. It's nice for going to a play or something, but the sack cut is a little older, and it just doesn't feel right with jeans.

dragonxking

Reaction score
the soft shoulder jacket in the regent fit is really nice, and those extra slim shirts are one of the slimmest fitting shirts i've tried. +1 on the small collars..not a fan

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really have to be specific about the line. They have at least 4 cuts in their casual trousers. Since you mentioned JCrew, I'd say the Milanos fit almost like the urban slim fit.

Not in my experience.
The Milano Fit is not as slim as J Crews USF. They are also not vanity sized like the USF.
I wear a 32 in the USF and a 33 in the Milano Fit.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The girls in the catalog... man. All-American perfection. How can you not like that coy look on the blonde?​

eerrr Lol @ american perfection geez.​

Blog Marley

Reaction score
How poor or good quality are their knits? The stripped merino crewneck caught my attention but I was wondering if it was worth it at 15% off so ~ $87

spenser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
They ruined the collar roll on the Extra Slim Fit shirts by making the collar smaller. The back collar button and flap pockets are nice Ivy details but leave it to BB to get something horribly wrong while trying to be hip.

Oh shut up, small collars are where it's at now and nobody in college gives a **** about collar roll. God forbid BB tries to update their looks without offending a bunch of Ivy-obsessed internet styletards from ******* Ohio.

SpacePirate

Reaction score
does anybody know what brand those white tennis shoes are on the back cover? they look pretty comfortable and they are different than most because they have the tie stripe on the tongue.
are they from the brooks brothers line? cause i cant seem to find them on the site

TylerDurden

Reaction score
The girls look good in the BB outfits.... I like the girl in the tartan skirt...

As for what they have the guys wear, I'd feel like I'd stand out wearing that stuff (in a bad way). I don't think I've ever seen any guys on a college campus or on the street wear that ultra ivy league stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads