or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official Baltimore Orioles Thread of Hope and Change (Yes We Can!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Baltimore Orioles Thread of Hope and Change (Yes We Can!) - Page 10

post #136 of 253
I'm in
post #137 of 253
Manny Machado disdains the single.
post #138 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

Manny Machado disdains the single.

This guy has single handedly cost Mark Reynolds, Robert Andino and Wilson Betamint (sp?- who cares) playing time. He mashes like nobody's business. It will be interesting what happens next year with the SS position and LF.
post #139 of 253
dude i'm starting to believe. my love of baseball, which was raped by 10 years of losing seasons and crippingly mediocrity (and seeing cal ripken retire) is starting to rekindle, like a small blossom clawing its way to bloom among concrete and steel.
post #140 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

This guy has single handedly cost Mark Reynolds, Robert Andino and Wilson Betamint (sp?- who cares) playing time. He mashes like nobody's business. It will be interesting what happens next year with the SS position and LF.

I think that they will leave Machado at 3d as long as Hardy plays a solid short. LF will be interesting but McLouth is beginning to stake his claim. Under 11,000 attended last night? That's pathetic people! Lets get out there! The wife and I went Saturday and are returning tonight. I believe Stitches will be there for some company event.
Edited by KObalto - 8/28/12 at 9:27am
post #141 of 253
I was debating going next thursday vs ny - can get the corporate seats
Edited by JohnGalt - 8/28/12 at 10:11am
post #142 of 253
Thread Starter 
yeah, i was disappointed with the attendance figure last night.

but i was there on Friday and the stadium was pretty crowded.

I might be able to talk the wife into tonight, but I doubt it.
post #143 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post

I was debating going next thursday vs ny - can get the corporate seats

What's to debate? That game could be for first place (knocks on wood).
post #144 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

I think that they will leave Machado at 3d as long as Hardy plays a solid short. LF will be interesting but McLouth is beginning to stake his claim. Under 11,000 attended last night? That's pathetic people! Lets get out there! The wife and I went Saturday and are returning tonight. I believe Stitches will be there for some company event.

I don't know if McClouth is the long term answer to LF. I'm kind of surprised that Xavier Avery isn't more in the mix. I think we're pretty set at 2nd base moving forward without Roberts. Hardy has played a great SS defensively, but I know the team isn't happy with is average or power numbers. The rotation is in near total shambles. Who thought Chris Tillman would be an anchor this late in the season? Who thought Kevin Gregg would be associated with one of the best bullpens??
post #145 of 253
Texiera out at least a week. Another break for the Os.
post #146 of 253
Bedard got released. Time for him to come home!
post #147 of 253
Thread Starter 
o's getting contributions from tillman and jones this year. also just a tiny if annoying contribution from mark reynolds, acquired for kam mickolio, who was part of the bedard trade. also getting a bit of a bounce in a way from steve johnson, acquired in a later trade involving george sherill, another piece of the bedard trade.

and bedard is now unconditionally released.
post #148 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

o's getting contributions from tillman and jones this year. also just a tiny if annoying contribution from mark reynolds, acquired for kam mickolio, who was part of the bedard trade. also getting a bit of a bounce in a way from steve johnson, acquired in a later trade involving george sherill, another piece of the bedard trade.
and bedard is now unconditionally released.

We barely got anything from the Tejada to SF trade. Patton was having a solid year until he got hurt. I think the rest of that garbage is gone.

edit: oops to the Astros, not the Giants.
post #149 of 253
Luke Scott played pretty well for us.
post #150 of 253
Thread Starter 
btw,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

Bedard got released. Time for him to go home!

ftfy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Official Baltimore Orioles Thread of Hope and Change (Yes We Can!)