Wow, I thought there might be some skeptics, but not outright attack. And using something as meaningless as my post count to characterize my intentions? Unfortunate indeed, but no matter. For the other posters, here are my remaining thoughts (having just finished my first day wearing the suit). I am not a high-end buyer (my experience limited to J.A.B. and some Macy's), so I cannot compare to some of the brands mentioned. I know there are better quality suits out there, and in some cases, I assume they can be had for comparable prices (as our Canadian friend reports). Where I live, however, these options don't appear to be available. As far as the quality, my admittedly-inexperienced eyes were pleased. Others will disagree. Some of the details that were the subject of negative criticism in earlier posts are true:
- The armholes are somewhat low (compared to, for example, my Indochino suit). I am neither slim nor trim, though, so this is not a concern for me.
- The pants are not slim fitting, but I would not describe them as baggy or sac-like. Others may have different impressions.
- It is true (at least on my suits) that there is faux stitching on the sleeve buttons intended to mimic surgeon cuffs. If this troubles you, then you may want to avoid purchasing. I admit it's a little hokey (ideally, I would prefer them to work or have no stitching at all), but it's nothing that keeps me up at night. After all, my favorite Canali blazer "suffers" from the same treatment.
- I do agree the buttons do not seem first rate, but again, this is a detail of relative insignificance to me.
- I'm not sure about returns, since I kept mine. I suggest emailing Jeff if you have questions - as I say, he was helpful to me.
- I too was curious why odd sizes were not offered, as I generally fit a 41R. Unfortunately, though, I have put on some weight and needed a 42R (that was the reason I purchased the suits in the first place, since I was not willing to spend significant money on suits that would be too large in a year's time - hopefully )
I think I've responded to the comments. I say again, Jeff was fair to me, and I told him I would return the kindness with a fair appraisal of his products on this site. I did not receive a discount, nor do I anticipate any future discounts if I order again. Also, in my ten or so posts (apparently a previous poster knows better than I
), some on this sight have been gracious enough to offer advice - this is my effort to return the favor. Do with it what you will. I am on the road for work at the moment, but will be happy to post pics if legitimately requested. Regards.