or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com - Page 22

post #316 of 385
I've got the Tan Tin Cloth from last season and the Black ones from this seaosn. I know they are both 505 cuts but the tan form last year seems to fit a bit slimmer.

Picked up the Black 505's at the flagship store in Seattle a few weeks ago. Pretty cool place, worth a visit if you're in town.
post #317 of 385
Quite a long way to Seattle for me, unfortunately.


If you don't mind, I would really appreciate a measurement of the bottom hem.
post #318 of 385
I just picked up one of the trucker jackets at the Filson outlet today. I'm wondering what you all think of the fit? I can't decide if it is too short or not. Would definitely appreciate any feedback. I apologize for the poor quality iphone pic.



Thanks much
post #319 of 385

Looks good to me. Maybe a tad short but def not a deal breaker IMO. But I like all my clothes to fit slim and i hate when jackets come too far past the waist.

post #320 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclipper View Post

I just picked up one of the trucker jackets at the Filson outlet today. I'm wondering what you all think of the fit? I can't decide if it is too short or not. Would definitely appreciate any feedback. I apologize for the poor quality iphone pic.

Thanks much

 

Can I ask how tall you are and what size that jacket is? That's actually exactly the fit I like on a more rugged jacket like this one.

post #321 of 385
It looks a little tight in the body. Like you're clamped in a vice of Filson-y goodness.
post #322 of 385

I think I'm gonna pick up one of these. I need a good rain jacket and this one isn't too heavy from what I've read. I've read posts saying to size up one, however I'm 5'5 and 130lbs so I was thinking about getting an XS like I normally would instead of sizing up to a S. Any input (I won't be layering this)?

 

It's a shame it's not available on the Levis site, they're having their friends and family sale. 

post #323 of 385
You are kind of stuck in my opinion, it looks a little tight at the moment but if you size up it's going to look like shit... So I say stick with what you have and see if you can stretch it out if at all possible.
post #324 of 385
Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.

For those wondering; I'm about 5'10'' and 135lb and am wearing a size XS.

Ideally I'd have liked to try a size small but they didn't have any in stock, not sure if they'll get any either since it's the outlet store. I know the body is a little tight, but I think I'm ok with it. I just wanted to make sure it doesn't look comically short or anything. This is my first trucker jacket and I'm a bit unsure as to the ideal length and fit.
post #325 of 385
I like the fit. Touch short, but agreed that if you size up it will likely be too baggy. The Trucker jackets are cut on the short side though, so that's sort of what's intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleb1 View Post

I think I'm gonna pick up one of these. I need a good rain jacket and this one isn't too heavy from what I've read.

Be aware this may not perform that way a "true" rain jacket would, in regards to certain other fabrics. While the oil cloth finish will definitely shed water and be good for light rain, it's not literally waterproof over the long run unless you are committed to re-applying wax. Also, this piece does not breathe well, so it's easy to get a little clammy if the conditions are humid or wet w/ slightly higher temps.
post #326 of 385
Quote:
For those wondering; I'm about 5'10'' and 135lb and am wearing a size XS.

 

Oh crap, that's an XS? I might be swimming in this thing then since you're 5 inches taller me.

 

Quote:
Be aware this may not perform that way a "true" rain jacket would, in regards to certain other fabrics. While the oil cloth finish will definitely shed water and be good for light rain, it's not literally waterproof over the long run unless you are committed to re-applying wax. Also, this piece does not breathe well, so it's easy to get a little clammy if the conditions are humid or wet w/ slightly higher temps.

 

I don't really need a heavy duty rain jacket. I'm a student at one of the largest universities in the country and my campus is enormous (my first class is over 1/2 a mile from my second) so I constantly get caught in the rain between classes (it rains 3-4 days out of the week) - so I don't need something so over the top. However, I do live in a humid climate with higher temps in the summer (the rainiest season). confused.gif

post #327 of 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Be aware this may not perform that way a "true" rain jacket would, in regards to certain other fabrics. While the oil cloth finish will definitely shed water and be good for light rain, it's not literally waterproof over the long run unless you are committed to re-applying wax. Also, this piece does not breathe well, so it's easy to get a little clammy if the conditions are humid or wet w/ slightly higher temps.

This. It is most definitely NOT a rain jacket guys.
post #328 of 385
XS is your best fit ... an S would force you to wear thicker layers to fill it out
Once it's broken in, it won't look like a straight-jacket ... technically, tin cloth does not stretch, it will just conform better to your shape.
post #329 of 385
^ he's right--mine has not stretched, but it def relaxes and fits to the body with wear.
post #330 of 385
Thanks fellas, I think I'll go ahead and keep this one and start breaking it in. Might try to find a pair of paints with a bit higher rise than those jeans to offset the jacket being just a bit on the short side.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com