or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread - Page 50

post #736 of 3282
anyone with some recent suit buying experiences from MT? The 2 for 1 sale looks good, but I'm concerned about fabric quality. The fact that they don't advertise 110's, 120's, etc. makes me afraid the fabric will be of poor quality.
post #737 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
I can tell you that the string of negative experiences in this thread have already been detrimental to their business. I had shirts ready in my cart and went with cottonwork instead.

You say the shipment issues are the problem of EMS and totally out of your control, but I disagree. You have control over which company/service you choose to ship your products to the end consumer.

Although I did report a complaint recently in this thread, may I say that the reason I went with ModernTailor in the first place was that overall, it seemed as though most people had a positive experience. Along with this, from all the MTM online retailers, they had the best prices.

I do hope that Emma and the rest of the ModernTailor team do work with the customers who are having problems, because I think that ModernTailor is a fairly reputable company. I am going to email them once again if I don't receive my shirts this week (as it will be over a month's wait), and I'll let you know how they react. I would hope they would give me some sort of refund or voucher, but we'll see. I hope they fix these issues, because I look forward to becoming a usual customer.
post #738 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
I assume there will be no more SF discount codes? That's a pity... I've gotten used to them.

There is supposed to be one coming soon...I'm pretty sure they said after the first week of December.
post #739 of 3282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
I can tell you that the string of negative experiences in this thread have already been detrimental to their business. I had shirts ready in my cart and went with cottonwork instead.

You say the shipment issues are the problem of EMS and totally out of your control, but I disagree. You have control over which company/service you choose to ship your products to the end consumer.

ModernTailor provides DHL and Fedex shipment through our courier partner SXY - they are a reputable partner for our location. If experience with EMS has not been favorable for a certain location, customers may choose DHL and/or Fedex option.

Thank you,
E
post #740 of 3282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers View Post
Funny, I am having the same issue. Without much to offer me they have asked that I try to find the tracking # with the USPS (fail) and that I just sit around and hope that it eventually arrives.

To MT Emma - your points regarding that which is out of your control are well taken, however you need to consider that a rash of such experiences can be detrimental to your business. To that extend you might want to consider how you could better control them - or at least service those in the dark better. I'm not really interested in whether it's an EMS issue or a Moderntailor issue - if it becomes a signifant enough problem I will move my business elsewhere and now it's not a problem!

I am patiently waiting for a package to arrive (that may never arrive) knowing the sales fabrics I purchased are now out of stock. I'm cool with that - the only irony being I've moved my business from Jantzen to avoid this exact scenario.

Hi Henry, yes all concerns on shipping have been taken on board seriously. There are other ways which we can compensate - like providing promotional deals. This is something we're working on right now and customers will see updates on our website in the next few days.

Best,
E
post #741 of 3282
If they continue having such major problems, then I would suggest they are not as reputable or favourable as you may claim, Emma. If they can't do the job to your and your customer's satisfaction, then it may be best to not use them for postal services.
post #742 of 3282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
If they continue having such major problems, then I would suggest they are not as reputable or favourable as you may claim, Emma. If they can't do the job to your and your customer's satisfaction, then it may be best to not use them for postal services.

I can't argue with that. I think overall customer satisfaction is really important.

We would be looking into working with other courier partners. However, EMS would always be one of our couriers because it's standard post. Customers may want not to choose EMS though.
post #743 of 3282
Fair enough. I guess having plenty of options is a good thing to emphasise.
post #744 of 3282
What thicker oxford cloths does MT carry? The v236 White French Oxford isn't as thick as I'd hope.
post #745 of 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
Hi Henry, yes all concerns on shipping have been taken on board seriously. There are other ways which we can compensate - like providing promotional deals. This is something we're working on right now and customers will see updates on our website in the next few days.

Best,
E

I am hoping you compensate me with the 2 shirts for which I paid you some 4 weeks ago.
post #746 of 3282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers View Post
I am hoping you compensate me with the 2 shirts for which I paid you some 4 weeks ago.

Hi Henry, please send me the order # and email me the details - sales@moderntailor.com I'll investigate on the issues you had and suggest a solution. E
post #747 of 3282
For what it's worth, I've had lots of stuff come to me via EMS over the years and I've never had a problem. Stuff almost always gets here in exactly seven days.
post #748 of 3282
So after hearing about the 21 day guarantee, I emailed sales@moderntailor.com and told them that the guarantee wasn't fulfilled. They quickly emailed me back with an apology, and said they were going to offer me a 10% off voucher for my next order (this is before shipping, BTW). A guarantee is a guarantee. I shouldn't have to keep bugging people at MT as to where my order is. I really hate to keep this going, but the fact that the way they tried to compensate me was with a 10% voucher (basically an $8 coupon if I order a couple $40 shirts), which is pretty much useless since I could receive a better discount through other promotions, doesn't really resolve the issue. Like Henry said, I really just want the shirts I ordered. I'm not even sure I'm even going to place another order since my first order has gone pretty badly. From what the rep at MT told me, this is an isolated incident with a few shipments on a certain day, so I don't believe this is necessarily indicative of all orders, as many others seem to have had great experiences. I'm not trying to tarnish Moderntailor's reputation or customer service (not that one person's experience could do that anyway), I just feel that it's appropriate to share my experience, as it does seem that a few others have had a similar one.
post #749 of 3282
With all the bad comments, I feel I have to share my positive experience. I have about a dozen MT shirts already and I've always been very satisfied.

I ordered 7 shirts during the big sale, well actually, 3 just before the sale, and 4 during the sale. All this in 3 separate orders. The production on all orders was completed within 7 business days. And all tracking numbers were working within 2-3 days of shipping.

You can track EMS packages on both EMS' site : http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryAc...de=gotoSearchE , and on your local post office's website, for example, USPS' or Canada Post's site.

I received my 1st order last week, my 2nd order today, and I'm expecting the last order by the end of the week, or early next week.

Here's the breakdown:

1st Order
Ordered Nov 10
Shipped Nov 18 (production: 6 business days)
Received Nov 30 (delivery: 8 business days)

2nd Order
Ordered Nov 12
Shipped Nov 23 (production: 7 business days)
Received Dec 6 (delivery: 9 business days)

3rd Order
Ordered Nov 18
Shipped Nov 29 (production: 7 business days)
Received ??

I think this is very reasonable. Especially during the big sale. And especially considering the shirts are traveling all the way from China to the East Coast. I've had shirts completed in 2 days in the past, but I'm not usually expecting such a fast processing.
post #750 of 3282
Thread Starter 
Thank you for your support and vote of confidence. We will work on improving the services.

We've put back $19.95 Shirt Trials, btw.



www.moderntailor.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread