or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread - Page 199

post #2971 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post

Hey guys, new to the forum.

 

I actually just got fitted and purchased a nice bespoke suit from a friend's referral. I expect to get it in a few weeks, and can't wait. If all is well, I plan on taking these measurements and trying out modern tailor.

 

My question is I really like a slimming look, so european cut is my choice. On modern tailor, I see a choice to choose slim fit... does this necessarily mean european cut?

 

I'll know more once I get my custom suit that I mentioned above, but the hopes are that it fits perfectly and I can just duplicate it for a few more suits off modern tailor. If they don't offer european cuts though then that may be an issue.

 

 

Thanks

Hey Nhuyenning,
I'm pretty new to the forums too. 

To answer your questions, modern tailor makes shirt according to the measurements you give them. So you don't actually have to say slim fit. The website tell you to put regular if you are taking measurements for an existing shirt. If you take measurements from your bespoke shirt (which I'm sure will turn out amazing) Modern Tailor will duplicated it almost exactly. I would however send them photos of the shirt and you wearing the shirt. From what i hear it helps them out allot. 
-Felix

post #2972 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaaPanf View Post

Hey Nhuyenning,

I'm pretty new to the forums too. 
To answer your questions, modern tailor makes shirt according to the measurements you give them. So you don't actually have to say slim fit. The website tell you to put regular if you are taking measurements for an existing shirt. If you take measurements from your bespoke shirt (which I'm sure will turn out amazing) Modern Tailor will duplicated it almost exactly. I would however send them photos of the shirt and you wearing the shirt. From what i hear it helps them out allot. 

-Felix
[/quote

I think he was referring to Suits. Does MT take existing Suit measurements like how they do Shirts?
post #2973 of 3277

Hello Gentleman,

 

Can anyone suggest some fabrics from moderntailor that would be similar to an 8 oz (225g)  100% oxford cotton. I have only had luck finding weights in the 125g - 170g range. 

 

Thank you.

post #2974 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yika View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaaPanf View Post

Hey Nhuyenning,
I'm pretty new to the forums too. 
To answer your questions, modern tailor makes shirt according to the measurements you give them. So you don't actually have to say slim fit. The website tell you to put regular if you are taking measurements for an existing shirt. If you take measurements from your bespoke shirt (which I'm sure will turn out amazing) Modern Tailor will duplicated it almost exactly. I would however send them photos of the shirt and you wearing the shirt. From what i hear it helps them out allot. 
-Felix
[/quote
I think he was referring to Suits. Does MT take existing Suit measurements like how they do Shirts?

 

:(

I have no experiences with Modern Tailor suits. Maybe soon tho. 

post #2975 of 3277

Hey guys, I just joined styleforum (finally). I joined mainly for these topics centered around mtm shirts/suits.

 

At any rate, I already ordered my MT trial shirt a few days ago. I'll try to post pics when I receive the shirt. It's based off of my aging but loved calvin klein slim for dress shirt, with a few alterations of course.

post #2976 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaKing View Post

Hey guys, I just joined styleforum (finally). I joined mainly for these topics centered around mtm shirts/suits.

 

At any rate, I already ordered my MT trial shirt a few days ago. I'll try to post pics when I receive the shirt. It's based off of my aging but loved calvin klein slim for dress shirt, with a few alterations of course.

Hey KoopaKing

I have one coming in on Thursday. We can share input. 

post #2977 of 3277
Do they carry fabric similar to fabric used in RLPL dress shirts?
post #2978 of 3277

I had to re-alter the shirt(10$charge) upon realizing that several alterations were too small and that the shirt would only shrink further. Oh joy!

I sure hope this is worth it. Once I get my "perfect measurements"(if ever) I'll have a good set to order all my future shirts off of. I was thinking about ordering a lighter pink shirt next if this one is good.

 

This wait is killing me though. It always does. Every time I order online I track UPS/Fedex like a hawk. if it's not them I stand by the window waiting for the mailman.

How do you guys thing this shirt will do?

 

Collar 39

Half Chest 49

Half Waist 47

Half Hip 48

L/R Sleeve Length 58

Half Bicep 18

L/R Cuffs 21

Yoke 45

Shoulder 15

Shirt Length 75

Armhole 25

 

Anything seem out of the ordinary? I know it's a slim fitting shirt since I have a slim build at 5'8, 137lbs. It's measured off of a Calvin Klein slim fit dress shirt, and I asked for semi spread collar, button cuffs, light grey buttons and a covering placket. No pocket and removable collar stays.

post #2979 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaKing View Post

I had to re-alter the shirt(10$charge) upon realizing that several alterations were too small and that the shirt would only shrink further. Oh joy!

I sure hope this is worth it. Once I get my "perfect measurements"(if ever) I'll have a good set to order all my future shirts off of. I was thinking about ordering a lighter pink shirt next if this one is good.

 

This wait is killing me though. It always does. Every time I order online I track UPS/Fedex like a hawk. if it's not them I stand by the window waiting for the mailman.

How do you guys thing this shirt will do?

 

Collar 39

Half Chest 49

Half Waist 47

Half Hip 48

L/R Sleeve Length 58

Half Bicep 18

L/R Cuffs 21

Yoke 45

Shoulder 15

Shirt Length 75

Armhole 25

 

Anything seem out of the ordinary? I know it's a slim fitting shirt since I have a slim build at 5'8, 137lbs. It's measured off of a Calvin Klein slim fit dress shirt, and I asked for semi spread collar, button cuffs, light grey buttons and a covering placket. No pocket and removable collar stays.

I'm about 5'6" 125 lb and I have 58cm sleeve, I think you should re-measure your sleeves.

My yoke is 42cm and shoulder is 15.5 which comes out correct for me.  Your ratio seems to be different, so may want to remeasure.

Also, your drop between half chest and half waist is a bit small at 2 cm.  Mine is more like 6 cm.

 

I've attached a few pictures of my shirt so you can see the fit.

 

LL LL LL LL

post #2980 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post

I'm about 5'6" 125 lb and I have 58cm sleeve, I think you should re-measure your sleeves.

My yoke is 42cm and shoulder is 15.5 which comes out correct for me.  Your ratio seems to be different, so may want to remeasure.

Also, your drop between half chest and half waist is a bit small at 2 cm.  Mine is more like 6 cm.

 

I've attached a few pictures of my shirt so you can see the fit.

 

LL LL LL LL

Thanks. That's a good fit on you for that shirt. I was going for something similar in fit. I wanted a tighter body with some minimal excess on the sleeves, and no baggage at all. As for my measurements, they're ok. I used my dress shirt that fits me best, and only took off in areas that have baggage. The curvature is very slight, I know. But it follows my body better. My shoulders are broad, but I have no waist. Also I just don't like it when a shirt flares out after coming in at the waist. Doesn't take much before it looks feminine. 

I like how CT does their slim fit cut with their shirts. Looks better when tucked in.

 

I still have to get the shirt and try it on as I'm sure I'll be making slight changes.

post #2981 of 3277

KoopaKing, you are right, getting the MT shirt based on your best fitting shirt is the way to go.

 

I actually think my blue shirt a bit too tight, pulls a bit when I sit down, so I relaxed the chest and waist by about 1 cm each in my next order.  There is no real way to tell how a shirt will come out, just have to order the trial one by putting in your best guess.  I just ordered shirt #3 and hopefully this time it will be snug but not too snug.

 

Best of luck.

post #2982 of 3277

Hey, one of my modern tailor shirts just came in. Can i get a critique on the fit? It's the trail oxford blue. 



700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #2983 of 3277

Is MT slower at processing orders lately?  I placed an order on 08/07, and it's still processing.  Previously, the orders were processed in a couple of days, but this one is taking a long time.  Anyone else experiencing this problem lately?

post #2984 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaaPanf View Post

Hey, one of my modern tailor shirts just came in. Can i get a critique on the fit? It's the trail oxford blue. 













It looks like you need to reduce the shoulder measurement(s) to bring the seam up at least a half-inch or so on each side (lengthening the sleeves to compensate) and so the yoke isn't so oversized in back, but otherwise this looks like an excellent fit. I wouldn't touch the chest/waist measurements at all, if I were you.
post #2985 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post

Is MT slower at processing orders lately?  I placed an order on 08/07, and it's still processing.  Previously, the orders were processed in a couple of days, but this one is taking a long time.  Anyone else experiencing this problem lately?

I ordered a shirt last week. The processing time was 2 days and the delivery was 10 days to Canada

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread