or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInvariant View Post
I agree with that, but excluding all purchases made with a voucher code and all sale items? Come on. I personally would never order any non-sale shirt and always use a voucher code, and I think most people are like me in this regard.
Anyway, it's not like the referred person will make only one purchase... Maybe they could modify the policy to include sale items and voucher codes, but only credit the $20 on the 2nd purchase or so.

Here are the conditions from their FAQ:
3) There should be a valid sale of at least one of our products. A successful and valid sale means:
a. No voucher was used in the purchase
b. The affiliate is completely different from the referral
c. The product purchased was not on sale
d. The product purchased is not part of the trial shirt promo

Just don't mention the SF discount codes the next time you refer someone to MT
post #167 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma1234 View Post
Just don't mention the SF discount codes the next time you refer someone to MT

Ahaha, great solution!
post #168 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
Hi Lim, Kindly post your order # and I will investigate and resolve it now.

Regards,
Emma
Thanks. It's been resolved.
post #169 of 3273
Wow! Good job MT on implementing all those changes. Better than our IT department making changes to our internal CRM!

Those of you complaining about not being able to get shirts for effectively free... suck it up. They're cheap enough as it is.
post #170 of 3273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma1234 View Post
Yea, the suggestions recommended by unjung make the website much easier to use. I am surprised they implemented them so fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInvariant View Post
Thank you, now I understand that the trial shirt and other sale items and coupons are excluded, which practically makes the whole referral thing utterly useless. By the way, IP based filtering is a really bad idea since many people can be behind the same proxy/router (which was true in my case as well). Finally, I have to say that I really welcome the improvements to your homepage, I just hope that Customer Support and your referral policy can also receive the much needed improvement in the near future.
We would credit the $20 commission to the customer if the referral who made 19.95 first order, purchased a 2nd order... Actually we had 2 customers who have already emailed us the 2nd order of their referrals who have first tried the 19.95 trial shirt. We have already created a policy to make the IP check just a supplement filter. It will not be considered a significant or relevant 'check' for referrals. Thank you, E www.moderntailor.com
post #171 of 3273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
For me, the test shirt came out pretty well. I'm waiting for another shirt right now. I'm hoping they will match the pattern as they promised, I'm quite a sucker for detail like that. If it fits well, I might post it for reference, if anyone wants fit pics...

Emma, could you please elaborate on the deal with the suit? Is this still valid:

Hello Acecow:

We have already discontinued the promo. However, we still provide $50 voucher for all those who order suits. If you are interested, just email the suit's order # to sales@moderntailor.com and we will provide the voucher.

On another note, we have a $20 off promotion on all pants as long as you order more than $100 worth of shirts. We're pushing custom tailored pants at the moment due to the following reasons:
1. We receive 98% customer satisfaction on our pants...
2. We have cotton lycra fabrics which are perfect for comfortable yet perfect fitting pants

Regards,
E
post #172 of 3273
Emma, or anyone else: I'm looking at sale fabric p234, labeled as "light blue plain". I'm searching for a light blue shirt, but the image of this one looks a lot closer to cornflower/medium blue. Is it just a bad picture and actually rather light?
post #173 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostyle View Post
Emma, or anyone else:

I'm looking at sale fabric p234, labeled as "light blue plain".

I'm searching for a light blue shirt, but the image of this one looks a lot closer to cornflower/medium blue.

Is it just a bad picture and actually rather light?

This question interests me as well.
post #174 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
...
We have already created a policy to make the IP check just a supplement filter. It will not be considered a significant or relevant 'check' for referrals.
Thank you for your reply Emma. I'll e-mail you when my referral places her next order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
2. We have cotton lycra fabrics which are perfect for comfortable yet perfect fitting pants

+1 to that!
post #175 of 3273
If anyone has bought pants and received them, could you post a photo and share what you thought of the quality?
post #176 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
Hello Acecow:

We have already discontinued the promo. However, we still provide $50 voucher for all those who order suits. If you are interested, just email the suit's order # to sales@moderntailor.com and we will provide the voucher.

On another note, we have a $20 off promotion on all pants as long as you order more than $100 worth of shirts. We're pushing custom tailored pants at the moment due to the following reasons:
1. We receive 98% customer satisfaction on our pants...
2. We have cotton lycra fabrics which are perfect for comfortable yet perfect fitting pants

Regards,
E

i am part of the 2%.
post #177 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yika View Post
i am part of the 2%.

What problem did you have with the pants? Fit? Material?
post #178 of 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbananas View Post
What problem did you have with the pants? Fit? Material?


I got my first first pair of pants from MT. I've ordered many shirts from them in the past, and I will continue to order shirts.

These pants are high quality, but they are still short! They are short by about 2 inches.

But just to give you an idea of how high the quality, and how precise the measurements: I specified that the hem line should be 8.63" (which is 8 and 5/8 inches). They got this right PERFECTLY. I was very happy about this.

Regarding ordering pants from MT, I have many suggestions on a better user experience for MT. I will email that out to this forum separately.
post #179 of 3273
MT's quality control for shirts is MUCH higher than their quality control for pants. This is an asymmetry with the company's services. Shirts are highly customizable, but not so for pants.

Here are some suggestions for a better user experience in ordering pants for MT:
1. Minimize the number of parameters for the pants. Of course waist size (not vanity sizes), cuff circumference, and length are important. I BELIEVE THAT EVERY OTHER DIMENSION IS DERIVABLE BASED ON THESE 3 VALUES. Outseam, Inseam, and Crotch are all related, and these 3 measurements could be reduced to 1 measurement.
2. They asked me to measure my knee, which I did. My knee is ~17", but they were quite confused. They were interested in how big is the knee's perimeter on my favorite pants.
3. Allow more options, such as: side stitches, cuff stitches, the way the button looks if it is exposed (it only comes hidden and very formal), cargo pants option, what the button looks like, number of belt loops, depth of pockets, key pockets, ELIMINATE THE OPTION FOR ONLY 1 or 0 POCKETS - IT SHOULD STAY AS 2, what would the back POCKETS look like (i.e. with a button, no button, etc.), and so on.
post #180 of 3273
Does anyone know if Modern Tailor has any thick oxford cloth shirts? I'm talking about the kind of fabric you think of when you imagine a classic, trad OCBD. I've ordered a few shirts that were labeled as "oxfords," and I suppose the fabric is technically an oxford weave, but they're not quite what I'm looking for.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread