or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
What are the chances of getting a good suit from the first try? I have a few very well-fitting suits, so I could measure those.

What if I'm not fully satisfied with what comes out? Will MT fix it or will I be stuck with it?

The follow was posted by MT on 01/21/2010:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your comments.
If it's your first time to order ModernTailor suit, please order our suit swatches Just put a note that you'd like to order suit swatches so you can have a feel of the material we use.

When you get the suits after a couple of weeks and think that the fit needs alterations, please have it altered in your own local area. Once you have the measurements that you think is perfect for you (as advised by your tailor), then please make another order on our database. We'll send you another suit based on the new measurements you entered for FREE

Emma
ModernTailor Customer Service
post #152 of 3277
I know this gets asked every once in a while, but are there any vouchers currently available for SF members?

Thanks.
post #153 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel View Post
The follow was posted by MT on 01/21/2010:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your comments.
If it's your first time to order ModernTailor suit, please order our suit swatches Just put a note that you'd like to order suit swatches so you can have a feel of the material we use.

When you get the suits after a couple of weeks and think that the fit needs alterations, please have it altered in your own local area. Once you have the measurements that you think is perfect for you (as advised by your tailor), then please make another order on our database. We'll send you another suit based on the new measurements you entered for FREE

Emma
ModernTailor Customer Service

So, basically, you get 2 suits for the price of one + alterations? That is mighty swell. I might place an order in October.
post #154 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
I know this gets asked every once in a while, but are there any vouchers currently available for SF members?

Thanks.

All what I Know about this issue is the 20% off (USD 20 max) for SF's, announced on september 2nd.
post #155 of 3277
My experience with MT has not been good. Although it's been only one shirt, it was not made correctly. The waist, for instance, was off by over an inch. That's over two inches of extra fabric that I didn't need...

And, they have not responded to my emails regarding a refund...
post #156 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
Modern Tailor staff, please consider the following:

-Remove the thickness indicator bar... almost all your fabrics are (3) anyway. Or at least, figure out a better way to tell us this;
-Ensure all fabrics say whether they are single or two-ply - fabric P184 doesn't say, for example;
-Tell us the thread count on all fabrics - the same fabric doesn't say;
-Allow us to search by mill, even if you have to use a code because you don't want to tell us the source. If I like a particular fabric, I am much more likely to order if I can easily tell what other fabrics come from the same mill;
-Allow me to sort by thread count using check boxes, thereby allowing me to select all shirts 100 or higher;
-Allow me to sort by number of plys. I don't buy single-ply;
-Using check boxes generally to create searches would be best. This way I can show only 100+ thread count, two-ply white shirts, or 120+, two-ply, pure cotton Oxford cloth shirts. Add as many categories of search options as possible.

You really have to be impressed with a company like ModernTailor, took all the suggestions, and as far as I can see today, has made all the changes.

I've had 5 shirts from them and not much variance from shirt to shirt. Pretty good prices for what you get, IMHO. I tried CW, but I still think MT is the better choice - I wasn't too impressed with the fabric I got from CW last time after a few washes.
post #157 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by elippsis View Post
You really have to be impressed with a company like ModernTailor, took all the suggestions, and as far as I can see today, has made all the changes.

I've had 5 shirts from them and not much variance from shirt to shirt. Pretty good prices for what you get, IMHO. I tried CW, but I still think MT is the better choice - I wasn't too impressed with the fabric I got from CW last time after a few washes.

Yea, the suggestions recommended by unjung make the website much easier to use. I am surprised they implemented them so fast.
post #158 of 3277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lim's View Post
My experience with MT has not been good. Although it's been only one shirt, it was not made correctly. The waist, for instance, was off by over an inch. That's over two inches of extra fabric that I didn't need...

And, they have not responded to my emails regarding a refund...

Hi Lim, Kindly post your order # and I will investigate and resolve it now.

Regards,
Emma
post #159 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInvariant View Post
  • I made a referral, but did not get the $20 credit. No reply from MT concerning this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
Hi Lim, Kindly post your order # and I will investigate and resolve it now.

Regards,
Emma

Hello Emma, I'd also appreciate some attention...
post #160 of 3277
For me, the test shirt came out pretty well. I'm waiting for another shirt right now. I'm hoping they will match the pattern as they promised, I'm quite a sucker for detail like that. If it fits well, I might post it for reference, if anyone wants fit pics...

Emma, could you please elaborate on the deal with the suit? Is this still valid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel View Post
The follow was posted by MT on 01/21/2010:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your comments.
If it's your first time to order ModernTailor suit, please order our suit swatches Just put a note that you'd like to order suit swatches so you can have a feel of the material we use.

When you get the suits after a couple of weeks and think that the fit needs alterations, please have it altered in your own local area. Once you have the measurements that you think is perfect for you (as advised by your tailor), then please make another order on our database. We'll send you another suit based on the new measurements you entered for FREE

Emma
ModernTailor Customer Service
post #161 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
Hi Lim, Kindly post your order # and I will investigate and resolve it now.

Regards,
Emma
I sent you a PM. Thx.
post #162 of 3277
Thread Starter 
Hi MrInvariant: We filter referrals actually based on: 1. if the order was made in the right link 2. if the order made was a successful sale (no trial shirts involved) 3. if the referree has made an order before 4. if the IP and shipping address of the referral and referree are different 5. other details are found on our faqs If you can send me the order # of the referree on this post, I'll let you know right away if the referral is valid. E
post #163 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderntailoremma View Post
Hi MrInvariant:
We filter referrals actually based on:
1. if the order was made in the right link
2. if the order made was a successful sale (no trial shirts involved)
3. if the referree has made an order before
4. if the IP and shipping address of the referral and referree are different
5. other details are found on our faqs

If you can send me the order # of the referree on this post, I'll let you know right away if the referral is valid.

E

Thank you, now I understand that the trial shirt and other sale items and coupons are excluded, which practically makes the whole referral thing utterly useless.

By the way, IP based filtering is a really bad idea since many people can be behind the same proxy/router (which was true in my case as well).

Finally, I have to say that I really welcome the improvements to your homepage, I just hope that Customer Support and your referral policy can also receive the much needed improvement in the near future.
post #164 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInvariant View Post
Thank you, now I understand that the trial shirt and other sale items and coupons are excluded, which practically makes the whole referral thing utterly useless.

By the way, IP based filtering is a really bad idea since many people can be behind the same proxy/router (which was true in my case as well).

Finally, I have to say that I really welcome the improvements to your homepage, I just hope that Customer Support and your referral policy can also receive the much needed improvement in the near future.

I don't mean to be rude here, but I don't think MT's practice of excluding a $19.95 trial shirt or a $29.99 sale shirt from the $20 customer referral deal is inappropriate.
post #165 of 3277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma1234 View Post
I don't mean to be rude here, but I don't think MT's practice of excluding a $19.95 trial shirt or a $29.99 sale shirt from the $20 customer referral deal is inappropriate.
I agree with that, but excluding all purchases made with a voucher code and all sale items? Come on. I personally would never order any non-sale shirt and always use a voucher code, and I think most people are like me in this regard. Anyway, it's not like the referred person will make only one purchase... Maybe they could modify the policy to include sale items and voucher codes, but only credit the $20 on the 2nd purchase or so. Here are the conditions from their FAQ: 3) There should be a valid sale of at least one of our products. A successful and valid sale means: a. No voucher was used in the purchase b. The affiliate is completely different from the referral c. The product purchased was not on sale d. The product purchased is not part of the trial shirt promo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread