or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Boardwalk Empire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boardwalk Empire - Page 64

post #946 of 1167
I honestly cant stand van alden
post #947 of 1167
i liked it when he burnt the guys face!
post #948 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I honestly cant stand van alden

Been saying this the entire time.
post #949 of 1167
I didn't like him much the first season but he's become more interesting, even though now the writers don't know what to do with him anymore.
post #950 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I didn't like him much the first season but he's become more interesting, even though now the writers don't know what to do with him anymore.

That's the feeling I get too. Does he go full gangster? I even thought he would get killed off in the last episode, an interesting angle would be for him to join Capone and then refuse to go to A City for the war, Capone kills him.
post #951 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

That's the feeling I get too. Does he go full gangster? I even thought he would get killed off in the last episode, an interesting angle would be for him to join Capone and then refuse to go to A City for the war, Capone kills him.

Maybe Capone left him in Chicago to help keep things running?
post #952 of 1167
Van Alden didn't have much effect other character's story lines, but I still really enjoyed him this season.

I liked the last scene with Gyp where he started talking in a different voice. It was awkward and unnerving. I wasn't sure what to make of him at the beginning of the season, but he was a great character played by a great actor. He kind of reminded me of Chigurrah in No Country for Old Men, in the sense that he's just a destructive and chaotic force of nature.

Richard's shootout was fine. It wasn't realistic, but it was so much fun! I loved the stairwell scene where he got two consecutive headshots. Everyone enjoyed his character and wanted to see a scene like that soon after his character was introduced. I also thought "why doesn't he just shoot him?" in the scene with Tommy as he was laying his gun down, but it was still tense and badass in a cheesy way. Just enjoy it.
post #953 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

i liked it when he burnt the guys face!

That whole scene had been building for so long that it was incredibly cathartic when it finally happened. And Van Alden stomping around the office Godzilla-style was hilarious. This is in my top three scenes for the series.

Both the Godzilla scene and Richard's killing spree had been been telegraphed, but Richard's scene was a bit of a letdown. I thought the finale was very good, but echo some of the criticism's of Harrow's brothel attack.
post #954 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

Van Alden didn't have much effect other character's story lines, but I still really enjoyed him this season.
I liked the last scene with Gyp where he started talking in a different voice. It was awkward and unnerving. I wasn't sure what to make of him at the beginning of the season, but he was a great character played by a great actor. He kind of reminded me of Chigurrah in No Country for Old Men, in the sense that he's just a destructive and chaotic force of nature.
Richard's shootout was fine. It wasn't realistic, but it was so much fun! I loved the stairwell scene where he got two consecutive headshots. Everyone enjoyed his character and wanted to see a scene like that soon after his character was introduced. I also thought "why doesn't he just shoot him?" in the scene with Tommy as he was laying his gun down, but it was still tense and badass in a cheesy way. Just enjoy it.

Gyp's other voice was supposed to be a Nucky impression, I think.
post #955 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Gyp's other voice was supposed to be a Nucky impression, I think.

Yea thats the way I viewed it.
post #956 of 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

If the intention was to OD Rosetti, why aint she dead? He's twice her size.

The intention was to drug him up enough that she could physically overpower him and strangle him, just like she drugged up fake Jimmy and drowned him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Who cares. This isn't the Wire and it's never made a pretense of being realistic.

People had realism complaints about the Wire, too. Remember Spiderman Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I honestly cant stand van alden

I had the same feeling about Jimmy.
post #957 of 1167
Anybody watch the season opener?
post #958 of 1167

Ah, yes. I only randomly noticed that the new episode aired.

 

This season looks to be promising in new ways. The feud with NYC seems resolved for now. That new business guy moving into the Commodore's mansion and "teaming up" with Gillian. Eli's eldest son showing interest in the business. That new agent that let the corrupt one die. Al Capone's brothers showing up (I spoilered them for myself by reading their Wiki articles - don't do it!) and Van Alden not even seen yet.

 

I wonder if Richard's story is over now?

post #959 of 1167
Damn, didn't even know it had started.
post #960 of 1167
They should have held it off four weeks and started it right after Breaking Bad finished. Or at least moved it to 10/9C. i know, DVR and all that, but the competition can't be good for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Boardwalk Empire