or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Leaving Miami office to work from home in NYC?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leaving Miami office to work from home in NYC? - Page 2

post #16 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post
Thats how I feel about living in Miami.

Prior to Miami, I lived in Williamsburg Brooklyn for almost a year, and loved every second of it. Thinking about trying Manhattan out for size since the money I used to spend on cabs getting back to BK probably evens out the rent costs.


My only remaining hesitation is leaving a typical office environment, and working from home in NYC. Obviously a huge adjustment.

Um, Subway???
post #17 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post
Um, Subway???

Key word, getting BACK to BK. When your drunk and tired at 4am on a Saturday night, and the L-train only makes limited stops every 30-45mins...your getting in a fucking cab.
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post
When your drunk and tired at 4am on a Saturday night...

Where else can you do this but NYC? Come on home.
post #19 of 35
Thread Starter 
amen.
post #20 of 35
btw South Florida is not just Miami. very different experiences in Broward County and Palm Beach. just sayin'
post #21 of 35
i love lamp, im just typing so i can buy something. minimum required 2 posts
post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnakekim View Post
i love lamp, im just typing so i can buy something. minimum required 2 posts

Ban him.
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post
Key word, getting BACK to BK. When your drunk and tired at 4am on a Saturday night, and the L-train only makes limited stops every 30-45mins...your getting in a fucking cab.
Where in the Billy did you live And rents in certain parts of BK are approaching those of rents in decent nabes in Manhattan. Made the decision crazy easy when me and my girl were ready to leave Crown Heights
post #24 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post
Where in the Billy did you live

Driggs & Manhattan, right on McCarren park. I agree, now that W'burg is the cool place to be, the rents arent much cheaper than the city, unless you head east to the ghetto.
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post
Driggs & Manhattan, right on McCarren park. I agree, now that W'burg is the cool place to be, the rents arent much cheaper than the city, unless you head east to the ghetto.
So many places are like that. And the crazier part is, people are leaving Manhattan to go to these places. It's funny
post #26 of 35
What does $2500.00 a month get you in a decent neighborhood in NYC?
post #27 of 35
It's been a long time since I looked but... an acceptable studio or 1BR, not so hot 2BR, sh#tty 3BR.
post #28 of 35
Thread Starter 
That sounds about right. I've been looking at apt's downtown with a $2k/month budget, and finding decent studios, and ehh 1br's. Your dollar stretches a lot further uptown though.
post #29 of 35
I'm uptown... nightlife wise it sucks, but that's also a blesisng
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxpats View Post
What does $2500.00 a month get you in a decent neighborhood in NYC?

what does decent neighborhood mean? if you don't mind boring neighborhood (mid town east, upper east side), then 2500 can get you decent 1 bedroom. Sometimes it's luck, I have friend getting a very good studio for under 2K like 3 blocks from columbus circle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Leaving Miami office to work from home in NYC?