or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Charles Tyrwhitt boots with jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charles Tyrwhitt boots with jeans - Page 2

post #16 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelan
those look really nice. i had been eyeing a pair of jodphurs from EG that someone posted on the main forum specifically for wear with jeans.

the CTs look nice and are affordable too (well relatively affordable).

get them and post some pics!

-Jeff
can I have a link/pictures of the EG boots you're talking about?
post #17 of 33
I have a pair of antique tan Jodphurs from Polo Ralph Lauren by Crockett & Jones that I purchased from GVH around 1.5 years ago. They work well with jeans; most of my denim is raw or plain wash with a straight leg. Much dressier than the average jean and probably not the typical streetwear look, but they look great as "city boots" IMO.
post #18 of 33
Thread Starter 
ah, norcal, it was your old avatar/Polo monkstraps that inspired my desire for these boots
post #19 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
can I have a link/pictures of the EG boots you're talking about?

first off a shout out to von Rothbart's shoe pictorial index.

EG Gresham

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9747/eg_gresham.jpg

John Lobb Quorn

http://www.plal.com/crockett/hires/Quorn.jpg

mind you i don't have either but one of these days...

this thread might also be of interest:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=gresham

-Jeff
post #20 of 33
Bear in mind that RM Williams also make a jodphur. Looks very nice and should be built to last considering the source.

http://www.bootsonline.com.au/default1.htm
post #21 of 33
ok, i'm sure this is a completely valid reason but it just sounds funny. from the bootsonline.com site:

"Sometimes there may be a delay in obtaining this boot due to the shortage of high quality kangaroo leather"

too bad this doesn't come in brown:



-Jeff
post #22 of 33
Depends on the top in this case. The boots seem to have a finer toe and sole. Makes them a bit dressy. I wouldn't want to do these with a graphic tee but with a sweater and button down they'd be perfect.
I guess that's true of all shoes that go with jeans of course so I'm just talking circles here but they're certainly a nice looking boot and would always have to be part of a dressier jeans outfit. You already know this stuff, I'll stop now.
post #23 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyman
Depends on the top in this case. The boots seem to have a finer toe and sole. Makes them a bit dressy. I wouldn't want to do these with a graphic tee but with a sweater and button down they'd be perfect.
I guess that's true of all shoes that go with jeans of course so I'm just talking circles here but they're certainly a nice looking boot and would always have to be part of a dressier jeans outfit. You already know this stuff, I'll stop now.
you bring up a good point, which is my main source of hesitation. I wear t-shirts 95% of the time, with the other 5% being button-up shirts. However, I really only wear well-fitted t-shirts with minimal graphics. I'm not necessarily sure if these boots would work with that style of top.

Would a cap-toe/brogue boot be better in this case?
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
you bring up a good point, which is my main source of hesitation. I wear t-shirts 95% of the time, with the other 5% being button-up shirts. However, I really only wear well-fitted t-shirts with minimal graphics. I'm not necessarily sure if these boots would work with that style of top.

Would a cap-toe/brogue boot be better in this case?
I don't have a problem wearing boots much like these with t-shirts, but I'm a bit weird. I do think they look somewhat more suitable with dressier "tops", though. Plus, around here we don't have to worry for very long about what is suitable for wear with just a t-shirt.

I think something like a Tricker's brogue boot would be more versatile in that sense, but it's a different look. Also the Trickers and most brogue boots are a lot more substantial, if that matters to you, so they might look a bit heavy if paired with lightweight clothes (lighter jeans and a t-shirt).
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
yeah, I guess I'm kind of with you. I think the CT boots in question would look great with a nice fitted t-shirt, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm insane or if that's actually a good look.
post #26 of 33
To me, it doesn't matter much whether "it's a good look" anymore. If I like it, I do it. Judging by the feedback I get, if I like it, most other people do too, and the ones who don't either don't care, or don't matter.
post #27 of 33
Why not go for some cordovans? When you break those in they'll be able to go casual or more dressy. I've been wearing my Alden captoes with a plain tees and jeans and a nice jacket...seems to work (at least I think). It may be too cliche to go with a graphic tee.

really jealous of people that will be getting that wingtip boot from leathersoul.
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_denim
Why not go for some cordovans? When you break those in they'll be able to go casual or more dressy. I've been wearing my Alden captoes with a plain tees and jeans and a nice jacket...seems to work (at least I think). It may be too cliche to go with a graphic tee.

really jealous of people that will be getting that wingtip boot from leathersoul.
Where's this?
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyman
Depends on the top in this case. The boots seem to have a finer toe and sole. Makes them a bit dressy. I wouldn't want to do these with a graphic tee but with a sweater and button down they'd be perfect.
I guess that's true of all shoes that go with jeans of course so I'm just talking circles here but they're certainly a nice looking boot and would always have to be part of a dressier jeans outfit. You already know this stuff, I'll stop now.

NBut its jeans.No need to put so much thought in to it. My philosophy is that if it looks good I'll do it. No need to worry about dressy versus not dressy. If we were talking about a nice suit then yes, I'd be with you
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Where's this?
Info from familyman
Special order from leathersoulhawaii, scroll down a little
http://www.superfuture.com/city/supe...=13257&page=19
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Charles Tyrwhitt boots with jeans