or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Dating taller women
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dating taller women

post #1 of 58
Thread Starter 
What are your guys' thoughts on dating taller women?
Have you ever done it, did you feel emasculated in any way, did you notice people staring, was sex awkward, is there a limit to a woman's height that you would not date taller than, etc..?

The reason I am asking is because I am intrigued (nothing is inevitable) by a girl who is considerably taller than me (3-4 inches), but have never dated a girl who was taller than my height (I am 5'7"). Anyways, thoughts, funny stories, and what-not are appreciated.
post #2 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobull
What are your guys' thoughts on dating taller women?
Have you ever done it, did you feel emasculated in any way, did you notice people staring, was sex awkward, is there a limit to a woman's height that you would not date taller than, etc..?

The reason I am asking is because I am intrigued (nothing is inevitable) by a girl who is considerably taller than me (3-4 inches), but have never dated a girl who was taller than my height (I am 5'7"). Anyways, thoughts, funny stories, and what-not are appreciated.

first, if she is 6 foot one, check for an adams apple before starting anything.

second, this should be no problem, although women can be very squimish about dating shorter men. I've dated a number of taller women.
post #3 of 58
Well, if she is 6-3 and you are 5-7, there are some positions which are going to be hard / impossible to properly maneuver, if you get my drift.

Jon.
post #4 of 58
Thread Starter 
I didn't realize the math was so hard... she is 3-4 inches taller than me, putting her at around 5'10", not 6'1 or 6'3".
post #5 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobull
I didn't realize the math was so hard... she is 3-4 inches taller than me, putting her at around 5'10", not 6'1 or 6'3".

I was using an example regarding the fact (and I used arbitrary numbers; like the starting height for the man was my height, which happens to be the same as yours) that too much of a height difference is going to cause problems. Perhaps I should have clarified my position.

Jon.
post #6 of 58
I don't think i'd date a woman that was taller than me, but then I'm 6'. Already in heels she'd be pretty damned tall. For me, the perfect height for a girl is 5'10.
post #7 of 58
I'm 6' myself, but I've had slightly taller girlfriends than that, without any second thoughts. I rather like tall blondes, actually. (Bear in mind that I live in Scandinavia - 6' isn't that tall here.)
post #8 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I'm 6' myself, but I've had slightly taller girlfriends than that, without any second thoughts. I rather like tall blondes, actually. (Bear in mind that I live in Scandinavia - 6' isn't that tall here.)

With or without heels? I say 5'10" because with 3 inch heels that still puts them an inch above me (which is fine). Then again, I wouldn't exactly rule out a 6' girl...
post #9 of 58
I'm 5' 7" and would have no problem dating a taller woman. The issue is finding a taller woman who doesn't mind dating a shorter man. Yes, if it is a noticeable difference, it does look sort of weird.

That said, I've heard that taller women may actually not mind dating a shorter guy - particularly if they're tall enough that they don't get as much action as their shorter friends. In other words, the tall woman has the same "problem" as a short guy. So, what the heck. Give it a shot.
post #10 of 58
I am 5'11-6'0 and dated a girl who was 6'1 for two and a half years.

I never thought anything of it.
post #11 of 58
I would never date a taller woman. But, that doesn't present a problem for me for a couple of reasons.

1. I'm married - the wife frowns upon me still dating
2. I'm 6'4" - there aren't a lot of women taller than me out there.
post #12 of 58
I am morbidly afraid of tall women. Every photo I've seen of Tom Cruise with Nicole Kidman, it looks like she is only moments away from destroying him on a whim.
post #13 of 58
Its an insecurity issue. I don’t see how it could be emasculating in any way, you should also bear in mind that many tall women are insecure about their height as well. Besides what could be wrong with sex standing up? Nothing I tell you, nothing.
post #14 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome
Besides what could be wrong with sex standing up? Nothing I tell you, nothing.

what do you mean "nothing"?! stand-up sex means you're also doing some work!
post #15 of 58
I don't know that many women taller than 6'2"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Dating taller women