or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Does anyone like Bill Maher?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone like Bill Maher? - Page 37

post #541 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Labatt's is to beer what GM is to cars. What you just said makes no sense, so would you please fuck off now?
No, no! Please continue HM!! Please continue to enlighten and entertain us dumb peeplz!
post #542 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
I said far left without exception. I am that. Are you? I will vote on the side of freedom of choice every time without fail. I am not tied to any religious or moral position that would make me think abortion for example is wrong. It should be the woman's choice. You couldn't give me a realistic issue where I would vote the other way ala not giving people the choice, but you are welcome to try.

You do realize that Ron Paul is one of those people who are opposed to abortion, do you not?

You seem very proud of the fact that you take the "far left" position on every social issue. Well bully for you! We're all very impressed! What you don't seem to realize is that having an opinion isn't really worth a whole lot in and of itself, especially when you're unable to produce a fully-examined reasoning process that yielded that opinion, one that in turn could be used to persuade others of the same.

You believe what you believe because that is what you believe. Like I said, that's terrific, but what's disturbing is that you seem unwilling to grant the same degree of intellectual sovereignty to people who are religious.

And no, it doesn't help if you make smirky faces while talking about religion like Bill Maher did in that first video you posted.

"'This is what I believe.' Yeah, you believe it, and I'm gonna say why it's dumb."

Actually, that pretty well sums up this whole thread.
post #543 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
You do realize that Ron Paul is one of those people who are opposed to abortion, do you not?

You seem very proud of the fact that you take the "far left" position on every social issue. Well bully for you! We're all very impressed! What you don't seem to realize is that having an opinion isn't really worth a whole lot in and of itself, especially when you're unable to produce a fully-examined reasoning process that yielded that opinion, one that in turn could be used to persuade others of the same.

You believe what you believe because that is what you believe. Like I said, that's terrific, but what's disturbing is that you seem unwilling to grant the same degree of intellectual sovereignty to people who are religious.

And no, it doesn't help if you make smirky faces while talking about religion like Bill Maher did in that first video you posted.

"'This is what I believe.' Yeah, you believe it, and I'm gonna say why it's dumb."

Actually, that pretty well sums up this whole thread.

I live in a world where the majority of people are religious and my position is the unpopular one. These people don't need a telethon.

What reasoning process do you need for my opinion? We were all brought up a certain way through our parents, education, experiences in life, culture, political and social etc. - that by the time we are in our 20's, we have started to form an opinion on how we see the world and what we deem to be right and wrong on a social level. Through more life experience, those opinions may change or you will feel even more strongly about issues that have always been important to you.

If you don't like the previous Bill Maher video, you will love this one. The only reason why people are Christians and believe in the God they do, is because they were born in America. Had they been born in some third world country - they certainly wouldn't be Christian or believing in Jesus, proving the fact that religion is all about where you come from and what your parents tell you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYW2xXxFVtU
post #544 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
I live in a world where the majority of people are religious and my position is the unpopular one. These people don't need a telethon.

I'm willing to bet it's not just your opinions that are unpopular.
post #545 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I'm willing to bet it's not just your opinions that are unpopular.

I am a producer in the film industry - hence the reason why I often work in America. You have probably contributed to my lifestyle financially through DVD purchases or theatrical box office, so thanks for that.
post #546 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
I am a producer in the film industry - hence the reason why I often work in America. You have probably contributed to my lifestyle financially through DVD purchases or theatrical box office, so thanks for that.
A producer in the film industry? Wow, I'm impressed. No, seriously. I am a welfare queen, so thank you for contributing to my welfare. Hey, if Canada is so free, why don't you just make all those films there?
post #547 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
I am a producer in the film industry - hence the reason why I often work in America. You have probably contributed to my lifestyle financially through DVD purchases or theatrical box office, so thanks for that.
...
post #548 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I am a welfare queen.
This brings back memories. Hopefully you have forgotten.
post #549 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
A producer in the film industry? Wow, I'm impressed. No, seriously.

I am a welfare queen, so thank you for contributing to my welfare.

Hey, if Canada is so free, why don't you just make all those films there?

I do make movies in Canada too, but see we live in a world where many of the biggest entertainment companies, have divisions in various countries and thus I work with those various divisions.
post #550 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Hey, if Canada is so free, why don't you just make all those films there?

Because moose don't buy shitty movies?
post #551 of 666
^ No one report this spammer. He's actually contributed more to the threak than HM.
post #552 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
I do make movies in Canada too, but see we live in a world where many of the biggest entertainment companies, have divisions in various countries and thus I work with those various divisions.

No one can really be this concrete operational.
post #553 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
No one can really be this concrete operational.

It's great to know that despite what you think of me or what you say to me - at the end of the day, you are directly putting your money into my pocket.
post #554 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
It's great to know that despite what you think of me or what you say to me - at the end of the day, you are directly putting your money into my pocket.
...
post #555 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
It's great to know that despite what you think of me or what you say to me - at the end of the day, you are directly putting your money into my pocket.

It's funny a guy that revels in being left wing is attempting to gloat about how the economy works. And remember, I'm a welfare queen. I'll think of you next time I buy whisky and smokes with my welfare cheque.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Does anyone like Bill Maher?