or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tailors in Houston
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tailors in Houston

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I was wondering if any people on here can recommend a good tailor in Houston? I have used Prestige Tailors by Mario before (across from Willowbrook Mall), and a place called Taos Tailors in Willowbrook Mall. Both did good job I guess but wanted other recommendations. I live in NW Houston. I have a Costume National Suit to get altered and a Dolce and Gabbana dress shirt that needs the sleeves shortened.
post #2 of 24
you can try william the tailor. he's on voss near westheimer.
post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
Any other suggestions?
post #4 of 24
Saigon Tailors on Main Street is a good establishment.
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKJazz View Post
Saigon Tailors on Main Street is a good establishment.

I use Saigon Tailor also and have been pleased with their work.
post #6 of 24
So I have some polo oxfords, that are a large classic fit and I need them altered to fit as close as possible to a medium custom fit. the arms are fine its the body of the shirt that is HUGE. I bought the shirts a while back (6 months) and was not thinking when I did so. I bought 7 of them and need them fixed. I also have 10 dress shirts that I would like to have altered as well, they are my size but as most shirts OTR are made to fit a individual of a much larger waist size.

Any updated reccomendations on a place that will alter my shirts and not mess them up? I know that a 100 dollar shirt is not much for most of yall, but for me as a college student its a lot.

Thanks in advace for the help guys.
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post
So I have some polo oxfords, that are a large classic fit and I need them altered to fit as close as possible to a medium custom fit. the arms are fine its the body of the shirt that is HUGE. I bought the shirts a while back (6 months) and was not thinking when I did so. I bought 7 of them and need them fixed. I also have 10 dress shirts that I would like to have altered as well, they are my size but as most shirts OTR are made to fit a individual of a much larger waist size.

Any updated reccomendations on a place that will alter my shirts and not mess them up? I know that a 100 dollar shirt is not much for most of yall, but for me as a college student its a lot.

Thanks in advace for the help guys.

Go see the beautiful Diane at Angel Tailors next door to blockbuster Video at Chimney Rock and Woodway. Tell her Ian recommended you to go. She has done sleeves and sides of several shirts for me and always does top quality work and keeps her promise to have them ready on the day stated. Usually a three day turnaround.
post #8 of 24
Hmm...Let me think! No sorry I can't think of any. But my grandma does the job for me just fine. And no she is not in Houston. But yes she can get the job done, contrary to what most of you must be thinking right now.
post #9 of 24
You mean that there are people who live outside the loop that dress well enough to need a tailor?! I'm skeptical, sir.

Saigon Tailor is ok for basic alterations and such. I used to live very close to them and used them for hems and a few repairs. The older lady there also does excellent reweaving!

If you need a real, heavy duty tailor then go see Mr. Santos. His shop is on Westheimer, just barely west of Shepherd. He will make a good suit look like a great suit.
post #10 of 24
Cheeky bugger! I'm only just outside the loop. As close as I could get and be an owner, used to rent inside the loop. And the very excellent Nick Lopez is (just) outside the loop too - it's the place to be!
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnShaft View Post
You mean that there are people who live outside the loop that dress well enough to need a tailor?! I'm skeptical, sir.

Saigon Tailor is ok for basic alterations and such. I used to live very close to them and used them for hems and a few repairs. The older lady there also does excellent reweaving!

If you need a real, heavy duty tailor then go see Mr. Santos. His shop is on Westheimer, just barely west of Shepherd. He will make a good suit look like a great suit.

Did I say I live outside the loop? Negative sir, lol I am very well inside the look, just about in the middle I would even say. lol

Thanks for the replies guys.
post #12 of 24
ah, comment on the ouside the loop deal was not intended for me. Lol
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
Cheeky bugger! I'm only just outside the loop. As close as I could get and be an owner, used to rent inside the loop. And the very excellent Nick Lopez is (just) outside the loop too - it's the place to be!

Guilty.

I can't believe I forgot about Nick Lopez. Excellent point. Still around the Richmond/Sage area?
post #14 of 24
any place but Martin Tailor inside the loop...theyre terrible
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
Cheeky bugger! I'm only just outside the loop. As close as I could get and be an owner, used to rent inside the loop. And the very excellent Nick Lopez is (just) outside the loop too - it's the place to be!

I get nose bleeds outside the sanctuary of the inner loop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tailors in Houston