or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Do I Use Pant Hangers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Do I Use Pant Hangers?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm sure the answer is simple, but can some SF'ers weigh in - how do I hang my pants on these type of hangers:

http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-37-...-set-of-3.aspx

The ones I have are actually suit hangers with this type of pant contraption. Not sure how to properly use them - can anyone help?

Thanks.
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSN125 View Post
I'm sure the answer is simple, but can some SF'ers weigh in - how do I hang my pants on these type of hangers:

http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-37-...-set-of-3.aspx

The ones I have are actually suit hangers with this type of pant contraption. Not sure how to properly use them - can anyone help?

Thanks.

Your supposed to hang the pants by the ankles with the crease folded flat. Does that make sense?
post #3 of 11
With that style of hanger, you will hang your pants by the cuffs/hem. The wooden section is actually two parts which will open and then you "lock" the cuffs/hem inside them. The two wooden sections are the bread in the sandwich and the cuffs are the meat.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
With that style of hanger, you will hang your pants by the cuffs/hem. The wooden section is actually two parts which will open and then you "lock" the cuffs/hem inside them. The two wooden sections are the bread in the sandwich and the cuffs are the meat.

That was worded a little better than my response.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
With that style of hanger, you will hang your pants by the cuffs/hem. The wooden section is actually two parts which will open and then you "lock" the cuffs/hem inside them. The two wooden sections are the bread in the sandwich and the cuffs are the meat.

mmmm... sandwich....
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
So the pant are not folded at any point? They hang cuffs to waist?
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSN125 View Post
So the pant are not folded at any point? They hang cuffs to waist?

Yes. The only part of the pants touching the hanger is the cuff. The pants will hang straight down, with the waistband at the lowest point.

If you closet is one of the double-decker jobs like this:



Then you will need a new house. A bespoke house.
post #8 of 11
Not to mention new clothes...

I fold my pants at the waistband and lock it in from the waist. I find that hanging them from the cuffs makes them fall out. Folding them at the crotch (side pockets coming together) gives it enough beef to stay up.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks - this is very interesting. I think hanging them straight versus the typical folded will make a difference. Anyone have a bad experience hanging them straight?
post #10 of 11
I prefer the savile row fold: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wbd-uMYmb_...e+Row+fold.jpg
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mata_Leao View Post

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Do I Use Pant Hangers?