or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tips on Spotting Fake Rolexes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tips on Spotting Fake Rolexes - Page 11

post #151 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post


Don't try to quantify it. You're paying for the logo. It's OK.
Actually, expensive shoes are uncomfortable.
This is another huge SF myth.
Bulletproof leather is not synonymous with snuggly comfort
If you want to understand comfort, wear slippers or sneakers.
Rock Hard Leather Inner And Outer Soles Can Beat Your Poor Feet To A Pulp.

You've  never  owned a New pair of shoes worth more than 50 bucks so how would you know. The insoles used in top shoes are a one piece leather but i've never had any being uncomfortable. You have the right support like wearing a hard spenco arch which may feel odd at first but is very comfortable.

If your shoes with hard leather insoles hurt your feet than you're wearing the wrong size. What did you do, tell the truth.Buy some used AE for 30 bucks on ebay that didn't fit just to impress the proles in Podunk? I've been wearing all of the top brands of epensive shoes since before you were born and if any of them sucked I would just say so,

post #152 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Actually, expensive shoes are uncomfortable.
This is another huge SF myth.

see what I'm saying... just AWESOME...

and this threak is going to DT's in 3, 2, 1 ....
post #153 of 186
...
post #154 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Man View Post

You've  never  owned a New pair of shoes worth more than 50 bucks so how would you know. The insoles used in top shoes are a one piece leather but i've never had any being uncomfortable. You have the right support like wearing a hard spenco arch which may feel odd at first but is very comfortable.
If your shoes with hard leather insoles hurt your feet than you're wearing the wrong size. What did you do, tell the truth.Buy some used AE for 30 bucks on ebay that didn't fit just to impress the proles in Podunk? I've been wearing all of the top brands of epensive shoes since before you were born and if any of them sucked I would just say so,

Sorry, but I own many pairs of C&J, Vass, AE, Cheaney, etc.
Why don't you read the link?
I also address your support issue in the thread as well.
Rock Hard Leather Inner And Outer Soles Can Beat Your Poor Feet To A Pulp.
post #155 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by westinghouse View Post

Rolex defines sober, understated elegance.

rotflmao.gif
post #156 of 186
There ARE a few Rolexes that are both understanded and elegant (plain no bling datejust, vintage oyster perpetual, etc), but I wouldn't say the brand as a whole is like that. If you're wearing a Submariner, Datejust II, Day/Date, anything with bling or anything with a chronograph, etc, it's anything BUT understated.
post #157 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

LOL on driving a Kia and wearing a Patek Philippe.
Did you buy your Patek Philippe's new or used?
Do new ones depreciate, hold steady, or appreciate?
If you do not like depreciation on cars, you can buy CPOs.
Also, I do not wear replicas or homages. My friend does.
I wear a vintage Hamilton, a vintage Citizen, and a steel chrono as a beater watch.
I do not need to make up a friend to protect an anonymous internet account.

I bought my 3 Patek's new. As I did with the Rolex watches I own (more than 5 and that's all I'm going to say). I'm done with Rolex. I'm tempted to buy a Pre-Owned Patek Aquanaut because I was a moron and didn't buy it when I had the chance 5 years ago, and now it is 41mm and not 39mm which I prefer.

Most Pateks I have seen in private sales or auctions have held their value. I don't know about mine because I have no interest in selling them. I will eventually give them all away, hopefully to my progeny? I've already given away two Rolex watches to relatives...because I want them to be worn and not collect dust in a drawer. And both were standard models and not rare/difficult to obtain models.

As I said, I don't need a car. I like walking and public transportation is excellent in NYC/London. A car in the city gets beaten up. Do you trust the parking attendant in the local garage? A car depreciates by 30% as soon as you drive it off the lot. As much as I want a supercar, why buy one if I can't drive fast? I'm married with children, have 8% body fat and have a head full of hair. I lead a nice uneventful family life and if I dont buy a Kia, I will wear my Savile Row suits, bespoke shoes, Patek watch and drive a mini van. Just being honest.

You really don't know what you are talking about with regards to shoes. Spend money on good shoes and a good mattress. Because if you are not on your back, you are on your feet. And if you want to live a happy life, take care of your back and your feet. I have no problem admitting that my mattress cost more than a couple of my Rolex watches (individually, not combined).
post #158 of 186
I think it's disingenuous to say watches hold value.
I am not a watch man, but a new Omega that costs $3000 can be had used for $1500-$2000.
This would be called a disastrous investment with eviscerating depreciation.
If you don't want to suffer from depreciation, buy used. Just like a car.
post #159 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan View Post

Stop trying to reason with Reevolving, please.

Exactly! Stop feeding the troll...
post #160 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

I think it's disingenuous to say watches hold value.

Not as disingenuous as implying you are wearing a real Rolex when wearing a fake.
post #161 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

I think it's disingenuous to say watches hold value.
I am not a watch man, but a new Omega that costs $3000 can be had used for $1500-$2000.
This would be called a disastrous investment with eviscerating depreciation.
If you don't want to suffer from depreciation, buy used. Just like a car.

Not necessarily true.  Although I recently traded-in one watch that lost a small amount of value (~5%) over the last ten years, I have another that's nearly doubled what I paid for it.  It depends completely on the brand, model, and the current trends.

post #162 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post

Exactly! Stop feeding the troll...

Do you even know what a troll is?

I am certainly entitled to that stance that anyone who pays $5000 for watch with a "luxury" logo is a rube.
A forum does not have to be about herd mentality and everyone thinking and doing the exact same thing.
post #163 of 186
This thread is a win on so many different levels!
post #164 of 186
Of course you can think what you want, Reevolving. But in this thread, you're being a douche.
post #165 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post

Sorry, but I own many pairs of C&J, Vass, AE, Cheaney, etc.
Why don't you read the link?
I also address your support issue in the thread as well.
Rock Hard Leather Inner And Outer Soles Can Beat Your Poor Feet To A Pulp.


Wow, shocker that no one is mentioning rock hard leather inners with doubled soled leather soled shoes?
I meant, comfy as a slipper made from a pillow, right? nest.gifsmack.gifdeadhorse-a.gif

Best Shoes for Travel? Ask a Flight Attendant
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tips on Spotting Fake Rolexes