or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Slim tropical wool trousers - where?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim tropical wool trousers - where?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Does anyone have any recommendations on slim fitting tropical wool trousers? I need to get some in the next 10 or so days as I will need them for a wedding somewhere hot & humid. Linen would probably crease far too much. Thinking charcoal or gray. Not looking to spend a fortune though
post #2 of 12
The Chicago Mansion had some nice Purple Label light gray pants in 40 and some lighter blue ones in 38 for 162. I bought a pair of the grays and love them.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
The Chicago Mansion had some nice Purple Label light gray pants in 40 and some lighter blue ones in 38 for 162. I bought a pair of the grays and love them.
Hmm, there is a Polo place in Phoenix... maybe I need to look in to that. Thanks! ANy other suggestions, maybe online?
post #4 of 12
I'll second the RL recommendation and add that the blue Polo range has some nice ones as well RLPL.
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
I doubt that at this point I will make it to Phoenix. Any other suggestions, hopefully online?
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
The Chicago Mansion had some nice Purple Label light gray pants in 40 and some lighter blue ones in 38 for 162.

I bought a pair of the grays and love them.

A 40 is a slim fit pant? Trousers with a 40" waist are all over the place. How about finding some in a 29 or 30?
post #7 of 12
LL Bean has some very acceptable ones, with various pleats/plain fronts.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...p&feat=4739-tn

The charcoal heather ones are really pretty dark. The grey heather is more of a mid-grey-- good with a blazer.
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia
LL Bean has some very acceptable ones, with various pleats/plain fronts.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...p&feat=4739-tn

The charcoal heather ones are really pretty dark. The grey heather is more of a mid-grey-- good with a blazer.

Are they relatively slim or will I look like an extra from an MC Hammer video with my thin legs?
post #9 of 12
Dunno. I get the classic pleated model one size up because it does supply a decent amount of room in the thighs. Plain front may be a different story.

They Fedex and are notoriously flexible about returns. Worth a try. Quality is not absurdly high, but value is good.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia
Dunno. I get the classic pleated model one size up because it does supply a decent amount of room in the thighs. Plain front may be a different story.

They Fedex and are notoriously flexible about returns. Worth a try. Quality is not absurdly high, but value is good.

Right, thanks!
post #11 of 12
Slim fit with pleats is kind of a contradiction.

Banana Republic has a few slim-fit, flat-front options. But they aren't cheap.
post #12 of 12
Borrelli and Jil Sander, for example, do great slim leg pants.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Slim tropical wool trousers - where?