or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › somet denim..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

somet denim.. - Page 43

post #631 of 711
Somet 008 had for 8 months with around 7 months of total wear. No washes and no soaks yet. Pics are from an iphone so quality is just ok.

b8d1a8a2.jpg
0fcb248c.jpg
2c090cc2.jpg
e70a09e1.jpg
f60d8f30.jpg
ca9e2320.jpg
46b6b719.jpg
2466106e.jpg
fa323f23.jpg
45b4dfdb.jpg
fc7535ad.jpg
0ef8204b.jpg
8548881a.jpg
post #632 of 711

I have a pair of the 003 size 28 & wish to buy the the 008. The 008 size 26 measures almost the same on the waist. Do I stay at the same waist measurement or do I need to add because it's super low waist.

 

Can anyone with the 008 advise or anyone who owns both the 003 & 008 comment? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

post #633 of 711
Stick with the same size because the rise of the 008 is so much lower than normal and you'll need a wider opening because it sits on your hips not your waist. I don't have an 003 but my APC NS size is the same as my 008 size.
post #634 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.g View Post

Stick with the same size because the rise of the 008 is so much lower than normal and you'll need a wider opening because it sits on your hips not your waist. I don't have an 003 but my APC NS size is the same as my 008 size.
 


Thanks for your advice.

 

Then, will it be better if I choose the next size, ie. size 27, as the waist measurement is 1" bigger than my 003 ?

 

post #635 of 711
That seems reasonable. A size 28 003 has a 30" waist and an 8.25 rise. A size 27 008 has a 31" waist with a 7.75" rise.

If you want to be sure then I guess you could take your current pair and measure 0.5" below where it sits now to get the right size.
post #636 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.g View Post

That seems reasonable. A size 28 003 has a 30" waist and an 8.25 rise. A size 27 008 has a 31" waist with a 7.75" rise.

If you want to be sure then I guess you could take your current pair and measure 0.5" below where it sits now to get the right size.



That sounds like a good idea. Great. Thanks.

 

post #637 of 711
Nick.g, those look great! Are you planning a soak or wash any time soon?
post #638 of 711
I got the APC NS in a 34 and they were quite tight initially, though I could button them up all the way. A little over the year and one wash in and they've stretched such that the fit is basically perfect, if anything with a bit of room around the waist and thighs, but a nice fit generally in the top block.

Planning to buy the 003 and wondering about sizing. Seems like the 003 doesn't stretch as much but per the size charts on BiG and Context and having lost about 10 pounds since I initially bought my NS, it seems like the 34 would be the best bet.

What size is likely going to work best for me in the 003 coming from a 34 in the APC NS?
post #639 of 711
looking for somet 030 in 32, 33 or 34.
any condition please pm if you have one.
post #640 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.g View Post

Somet 008 had for 8 months with around 7 months of total wear. No washes and no soaks yet. Pics are from an iphone so quality is just ok.
b8d1a8a2.jpg

one of the best pairs of somets ive seen. now fucking wash them ... they will look better and smell 1Mx fresher!

did you know the average human farts about 20 times a day? that means those jeans of yours have gone through roughly 4,200 farts. its time to wash them nick.
post #641 of 711
Stupid question.... how do you know which style of somets you have? I bought my first pair from BiG and then went online to see stock of the same cut and realized I have no fucking idea what I have haha
post #642 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

I got the APC NS in a 34 and they were quite tight initially, though I could button them up all the way. A little over the year and one wash in and they've stretched such that the fit is basically perfect, if anything with a bit of room around the waist and thighs, but a nice fit generally in the top block.
Planning to buy the 003 and wondering about sizing. Seems like the 003 doesn't stretch as much but per the size charts on BiG and Context and having lost about 10 pounds since I initially bought my NS, it seems like the 34 would be the best bet.
What size is likely going to work best for me in the 003 coming from a 34 in the APC NS?

I would guess a 34, but you've got a lot of factors in there with the weight loss, so it's just a guess. Somets will stretch in the waist though. Maybe not as much as APC, but they will stretch.
post #643 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by formz View Post

Stupid question.... how do you know which style of somets you have? I bought my first pair from BiG and then went online to see stock of the same cut and realized I have no fucking idea what I have haha

its not a stupid question. here is the link to the somet website that might help you determine. http://www.somet.jp/index.php

i bet you have the 003 unless they are a high rise cut in which case you have the 030's.

imo, everyone needs a pair of 003/005 as they are one of the best fitting jeans around.

slightly off topic

**big is carrying cabourn now ... knowing gordon he will buy the ultra rare pieces that nobody else stocks anywhere outside uk**
post #644 of 711

Just got a pair, these jeans are outstanding. These jeans need more loving, surprised how underrated compared to other jeans out there.

post #645 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsn89 View Post

Just got a pair, these jeans are outstanding. These jeans need more loving, surprised how underrated compared to other jeans out there.

The brand has a fair amount of love, as you can see by the size of this thread. It's just not for everyone since they don't really have a standard mid rise cut available. A lot of people are turned off by the low rise
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › somet denim..