or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › How would you deal with the "wannabee baller" friend?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How would you deal with the "wannabee baller" friend? - Page 17

post #241 of 380
your friend sounds almost like me...hahahaha

i like to dress nice, i hate tipping, id love to meet your friend...seems like alot of fun!
post #242 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasfan View Post
your friend sounds almost like me...hahahaha

i like to dress nice, i hate tipping, id love to meet your friend...seems like alot of fun!

I think this thread's established that he doesn't dress nice (and if you're like him neither do you), and if you dont wanna tip, don't eat out.
post #243 of 380
I find it encouraging that ppl this dumb dislike Obama. there is hope after all...
post #244 of 380
Don't you think you're being a little passive aggressive? I mean, if you don't enjoy his company just tell him that you don't see much in common with him anymore and move on. It's beginning to read like something out of a high school soap opera.
post #245 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereis View Post
Don't you think you're being a little passive aggressive? I mean, if you don't enjoy his company just tell him that you don't see much in common with him anymore and move on. It's beginning to read like something out of a high school soap opera.

No, I don't. And if you question me again, I'll rip out your liver with my bare hands.
post #246 of 380
He responded by deleting all my posts on his wall.

I find it odd that he can act that way in person (like a mega ultra super gargantuan douche of titanic proportions) but when it gets posted on facebook, woah shit, son!
post #247 of 380
...."Fresh as I've returned for another J&B straight onto the rocks."
post #248 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltricks View Post
No, I don't. And if you question me again, I'll rip out your liver with my bare hands.

Charmed.

Quote:
I find it odd that he can act that way in person (like a mega ultra super gargantuan douche of titanic proportions) but when it gets posted on facebook, woah shit, son!

Sometimes I really wonder what some people really think of their friends. You would think that you would enjoy each others company. Cussing someone out on facebook is I believe, akin to having a newspaper article all about how badly you think of him, or starting an argument in public, for generation Y. I socialize easily and don't like burning bridges so I don't tend to want to say mean-spirited things just for the sake of it, but if I wanted to I would've just told him, in person, alone, instead of doing it over facebook. Just a little head scratching over why OP would stick around if he didn't like his friend anymore.
post #249 of 380
I, and I am sure others on SF will personally fund you taking this man out if you have some photographs/videos/police records/receipts to evidence your nights.

MOAR

post #250 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw3610wm View Post
I, and I am sure others on SF will personally fund you taking this man out if you have some photographs/videos/police records/receipts to evidence your nights. MOAR
will paypal funds for the first J&B on the rocks
post #251 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltricks View Post
No, I usually call him out once a quarter or so, but he just forgets it like it never happened. Oh well. No one can blame me for trying.

Don't worry. Your friendship will break at a surprising point. Something that you did or he thinks you did. And he'll never forgive you. Today best friend, tomorrow a traitor.
post #252 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltricks View Post
I have this friend who is the definition of gawdy.
That would mean that you have gawdy -- or rather gaudy -- taste in friends.
post #253 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereis View Post
Charmed.



Sometimes I really wonder what some people really think of their friends. You would think that you would enjoy each others company. Cussing someone out on facebook is I believe, akin to having a newspaper article all about how badly you think of him, or starting an argument in public, for generation Y. I socialize easily and don't like burning bridges so I don't tend to want to say mean-spirited things just for the sake of it, but if I wanted to I would've just told him, in person, alone, instead of doing it over facebook. Just a little head scratching over why OP would stick around if he didn't like his friend anymore.

Taste of own medicine.

And thank you RSS, i've been spelling gawdy that way for a long time. Will change from now on. But it could be one of those "things" that I spell wrong just because...like inglourious basterds
post #254 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker View Post
I think this thread's established that he doesn't dress nice (and if you're like him neither do you), and if you dont wanna tip, don't eat out.
+1
post #255 of 380
This thread needs more stories!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › How would you deal with the "wannabee baller" friend?