or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Avengers (05.04.2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Avengers (05.04.2012) - Page 8

post #106 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post


I see what you are saying, but all they really need to be are shape-shifting aliens who invade earth. Seems an easy sell to the mainstream.

Leave out the Super Skrull and keep it simple.

Well I would be hoping for Super Skrull...just cause it gives them a 'super' villain to fight against.

I would imagine Loki will take control of Hulk as well and have them battle it out to control Hulk meanwhile Super Skrull and the rest of the skrulls are invading earth.


I guess I can see why people might wonder why he has the FF abilities....
post #107 of 1032
Baron Zemo ftw.
post #108 of 1032
So hawkeye and hulk won't have their own movies before this comes out right? Or, should I ask, is the Hulk in this movie considered to be Eric Bana or Ed Norton, or a new one?
post #109 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

So hawkeye and hulk won't have their own movies before this comes out right? Or, should I ask, is the Hulk in this movie considered to be Eric Bana or Ed Norton, or a new one?
Hawkeye won't have his own origins because, well, he doesn't need to have one. He isn't going to pull much audience like the others, plus he is mainly part of the SHIELD already.

As for the Hulk, I believe it is supposed to be the Norton Hulk, he's just replaced by Rufallo. In the end of that Hulk film, Stark made a cameo as he spoke to Gen. Ross about his "problem."
post #110 of 1032
post #111 of 1032
^ I like. Jeremy Renner though....eh. Sticks out too much imo.
post #112 of 1032
Anyone disappointed that they don't have Ant Man and Wasp on the team?

I know they are sorta taking the 'Ultimates' approach to all this (Thor's past, Black Nick Fury etc..) but do you think they might have them in there in minor roles? Possibly even Wanda and Pietro?

Nonetheless its gearing up to be awesome so far.

Also how cool would it be if this happened:

* Nick Fury: Samuel L. Jackson
* Captain America: Brad Pitt
* Iron Man: Johnny Depp
* Giant-Man: Matthew McConaughey
* The Wasp: Lucy Liu
* Dr. Bruce Banner: Steve Buscemi

Its funny how when I first saw Samuel jackson, I instantly thought about this team up from Ultimates when they discussed it in the comics. I thought maybe Samuel Jackson may have done it simply because of that. (Ultimates #4)
post #113 of 1032
Wanda definitely not since she's a mutant.
post #114 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Wanda definitely not since she's a mutant.

So is Pietro.

She was one of the early members of the Avengers, and they haven't showcased either of them in X-Men either...
post #115 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post


So is Pietro.

She was one of the early members of the Avengers, and they haven't showcased either of them in X-Men either...

They haven't showed 90% of the mutants in the X-Men movies but that doesn't give Marvel/Disney rights to show them on-screen.
post #116 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post


They haven't showed 90% of the mutants in the X-Men movies but that doesn't give Marvel/Disney rights to show them on-screen.

Hmm true.. but just saying since they were pretty popular and prominent members and joined very early on..they were also in the Ultimates version as well..
post #117 of 1032
I could do w/o AntMan or Wasp. There are enough star power/characters there not to mention the villain(s). I just don't see a point in them being included unless it's some Easter egg or a teaser at the end where they might join in the sequel.

Plus it really doesn't matter if they were early members, I don't think they care. I mean they are calling Capt. America the "First Avenger" when isn't even one of the og founding member.
post #118 of 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I could do w/o AntMan or Wasp. There are enough star power/characters there not to mention the villain(s). I just don't see a point in them being included unless it's some Easter egg or a teaser at the end where they might join in the sequel.

Plus it really doesn't matter if they were early members, I don't think they care. I mean they are calling Capt. America the "First Avenger" when isn't even one of the og founding member.

Yeah, i see your point. I was more thinking of them being easter eggs or background characters as well. Or like maybe stationed elsewhere or something.
Ant Man's power is OP for the movies, and Wasps is kinda stupid... Thats the main reason I can think of, as well as the sheer lack of approval I can see from the audience.
post #119 of 1032
Hmmm....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Skrulls anyone? Well, looks like an alien gun either way.
HfAHm.jpg
U26iz.jpg
x09JU.jpg


post #120 of 1032
New suit makes Cap looks skinny.
cO0LI.jpg
R0TqJ.jpg
9TyXl.jpg
HWGxN.jpg
yHUfy.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Avengers (05.04.2012)