• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bounce2.gif

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very excited. I just hope I'm not let down.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pack I saved is waiting for me on my coffee table.

February+2008101.jpg

This will be an event to remember.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
HAH ^

do you have a rocks glass full of iced tea ready too?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am not gonna toss out any spoilers, but its interesting what a year does to Don.

also- i forgot to turn on Closed Captioning, can anyone tell me the outro song?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely enjoyed it. And the ending was great. I have high hopes for the season.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked it a lot. Don is still very much "the man", but he is vulnerable as well. The new agency rises and falls on him, and he knows it.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My initial thoughts - I'm going to have to get used to this new office. REALLY different than the old one; a lot more like today's offices. And definitely every set in the episode had a lot more colours.

Draper, Cooper, Sterling, Pryce and Ms. Harris are relatively the same. Draper and Campbell go without pocket squares now it seems (damn it, is this the end of pocket squares?). Campbell goes pretty casual if it weren't for that raincoat on Sunday too.

Compared to the wooden pre-eminence of the previous office, Sterling's new desk looks like it was lifted from some Ikea catalogue or something. It actually clashes with his 3 piece. You'd think he would get something more dignified. The boardroom is laughable but maybe that was the intention. All throughout I was thinking, "Damn, did Sterling, Cooper and Draper know what they were getting into?" I guess seasons 1-3, I kept envying these men and their 9-5 job. Now, not so much.

Did anyone notice Peggy sitting on the table (couldn't imagine anyone doing this in the previous office) and the couch actually blocked some of the doorway?

Otherwise, outside of the few I mentioned, everyone is dressing in much more colourful outfits. It's actually making the men stand out as sore thumbs given some of the new staff don't even wear a suit. Harry is probably the best example of transformation. What a massive difference from Season 1 and the slicked back hair.

Henry Francis is wank. Still no sign of how Cosgrove figures into this.

The way the first episode is set up, they're going to have to do some Kodak carousel moments to stay afloat given the accounts they're losing or giving up.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jantzen ad would be considered iconic by todays standards. Something the impossible cool would post.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't in the right mood...maybe I was caught off guard by a new MM (totally forgot it was today), but I wasn't that blown away by the premiere.

I'm sure it'll get better, but today's wasn't all that.

The only interesting part was seeing Don get the 'SMH' treatment from everyone at work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads