• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Studio D'artisan

victor_sweden

Reaction score
I haven't bought too many premium jeans before so I would be glad to have some help. I'd like to buy a pair of Studio D'artisan, but which fits are "looose"
Even if there aren't any, can you wear them loose by buying bigger size ?

My normal size in jeans is 30 * 32, what size should I order if I want the studio d'artisan (from style ?) to fit loose, sort of like the levi's engineered does.?
devil.gif

Chip

Reaction score
I have a pair of SD 201 sz30x37 raw unworn that i may sell. actual is 31-32x37. will shrink to tag size when soaked. fairly loose through thigh.

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I just came back from Japan, and picked up a pair of the SD-301 regular straight one-wash jeans, they are relaxed - not crazy baggy or anything, but far from tight or slim.

I was looking for more of a loose cut and initially tried the 302 but thought since it was loose, I'd check out the 301. There actually wasn't much difference between the two as far as I could tell, so I went with the supposedly slimmer cut (at least by name).

I don't know about the raw versions as I wanted to stick with one-wash, but I would assume they fit the same, just a little heavier denim.

Unless you wanted to wear them Fubu / Phat Farm sweatpants loose, I don't think you'd need to size up for a loose fit

m

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I'll try to get a picture up in the next day or two.

m

RCastle

Reaction score
Recently bought a pair of SD-001s from Japanese Denim Store on Ebay. Fit is just like the 1947 501 - quite loose **********. Shrink-to-fit but the 34 inch waist was a close fit after washing. May have got away with a 33 inch. V long in the leg. Have to get them hemmed. Left hand denim is wicked. Email Michiy at the store via Ebay. Very helpful. Not cheap though. Don't think of it as an expense, more of an investment.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
that store on ebay is way overpriced, at least last time i checked.

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I'm about to post up some pics of the SD-301 "Regular Straight" in the "Post Pics of Your Denim" thread, in case the dude who asked me about them so long ago (sorry!) is still interested.

m

Largo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex

Yeah. I mean, I hate to be "that guy", but I seriously saved about 150 dollars when I got my 'Canes from Japan as opposed to any distributors stateside.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
^^^ I got mine from this guy ^^^ I'm not sure if I saved any money but they fit fantastic. I got 103's in my normal size (32), washed before wearing and they've been fantastic. If you want loose, why not size up? SD's are true to size after washing.

lilbucu

Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sd103 fit and cut is perfect. hardware can be a bit better but its still dope.

RBales

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
^^^ I got mine from this guy ^^^ I'm not sure if I saved any money but they fit fantastic.

I got 103's in my normal size (32), washed before wearing and they've been fantastic.

If you want loose, why not size up? SD's are true to size after washing.

hate to bump the thread (though i've seen worse bumps), but could you post a pic of yourself wearing your 103's? I'm thinking about buying a pair now that the BIG online store is up, and I wanted to see how they fit someone with the same waist as me. Thanks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

capnpyro

Reaction score
Yeah I will if I find my damn camera.. I'll edit this post with a picture at some point.. assuming I find it
frown.gif

RBales

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Yeah I will if I find my damn camera.. I'll edit this post with a picture at some point.. assuming I find it
frown.gif

I'm
frown.gif
for your camera but
smile.gif
for the pic.

thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads