or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Studio D'artisan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Studio D'artisan - Page 2

post #16 of 41
Ah, found it! This is after about 4 months and a wash at about 2 months. I wear a 32 in pretty much every brand of jean.
post #17 of 41
Nice fit... and fading is starting to look good!
post #18 of 41
Looking good capnpyro! They look like they fit just like mine. I don't know if you have this problem, but mine are very tight in the crotch--sometimes they cause me a lot of discomfort; when I move my legs the wrong way, I feel like I'm twisting some things that were never meant to be twisted. Aside from that though, I love them.
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Ah, found it! This is after about 4 months and a wash at about 2 months. I wear a 32 in pretty much every brand of jean.



Nice jeans. What does the front rise measure ? Maybe a little low for my tastes
post #20 of 41
very nice indeed!!
post #21 of 41
excellent! those pics have made up my mind for me good thing BIG is online now
post #22 of 41
time to bump this thread so i can get a second opinion. why this thread doesnt have a shit load of posts is beyond me. anyway, this is a cross post from how to you rock em ... can any of you people with sda help me figure out if i need to size down on these sda-103 size 34. im very tempted to ex-change for a size 33 and just plan on a couple weeks of pain. i need to first figure out how much these are going to shrink in the waist and how much they will likely stretch. these are raw size 34s and currently measure 35" in the waist. i prefer the final waist measurement to be 34.5" after a wash and stretching (measured big method). any input will be helpful! for reference im 5'11" 180lbs. +/- 5 lbs ...
post #23 of 41
Fit looks good for pre-soak, if I understood you correctly. A hot soak or wash will easily shrink those an inch in the waist, and if you so desire, you can throw them in the dryer until slightly damp to get even more shrinkage out. I would NOT size down on those. They might fit well without a soak, but you probably won't fit into them ever again if you ever wash them.
post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
Fit looks good for pre-soak, if I understood you correctly. A hot soak or wash will easily shrink those an inch in the waist, and if you so desire, you can throw them in the dryer until slightly damp to get even more shrinkage out. I would NOT size down on those. They might fit well without a soak, but you probably won't fit into them ever again if you ever wash them.
thanks. if i can get these to shrink 1.5 inch and then stretch 1/2-3/4 inch they would be okay. the sda site says they will come in 3-4cm and the big site says 3-5%, which is roughly the same. do you have any experience on how much the new 103s stretch? but your right, it is possible if i went down an inch to a 33 i might have a couple very painful weeks of wear.
post #25 of 41
sda-103 size 34 post wash. i washed these twice using a hot/cold cycle and hung-dry. these shrunk 1/2-3/4 inch in both rises, upper-thigh, knee and hem. believe it or not the shrunk 2.5 inches in the waist and inseam.

the denim after washing is quite a bit darker and resembles the denim found on the eternal 811. its also hairy, which is unlike anything else i currently own. this is my first pair of sda's and i have to say i am very excited to see how these evolve throughout the year. i have several other denim projects i need to get to this year so im not sure how much wear these will get but i will update as needed. i want to thank all of you who gave me sizing advice. if i went down to a 33 these would be very painful!

detail pics


post-wash fit pics
post #26 of 41
THose are looking excellent, good luck with them. SDA aren't really jeans you rotate with others, though; the 103 is notoriously tough to fade, although the synthetic indigo is better in this regard than the XX. You will need to put in some heavy-duty wear, but when you do, they will look great, an authentic, vintage-style fade.
post #27 of 41
SDA phone holder... When new: After some use: Now
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecch View Post
SDA phone holder... When new: After some use: Now
Mike, I'm not sure if I'm getting confused by the different lighting conditions in each set of pics, but to me, the phone holder pretty much looks the same in each set of pics except for the last one where there is some indigo transfer. Am I missing something? Either way, that is a really nice cell phone case, I love the engraving on the button!
post #29 of 41
whatever that's a pretty boss fit.
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
Mike, I'm not sure if I'm getting confused by the different lighting conditions in each set of pics, but to me, the phone holder pretty much looks the same in each set of pics except for the last one where there is some indigo transfer. Am I missing something? Either way, that is a really nice cell phone case, I love the engraving on the button!
Yeah, it's hard to compare, all three sets have different lighting - but the change from the first set of pictures is fairly obvious. When it first came it had a very light tan, the second set of pictures shows it has acquired a darker tan, and now the leather has taken on a even darker tone with the a red patina beginning to develo. Edit: I've replaced the first set of 2 pictures with edited version to balance the yellow indoor lighting. The grain evolution cannot be seen, sadly, because I didn't take a macro of the grain when it was new
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Studio D'artisan