or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Walking Dead (AMC)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Walking Dead (AMC) - Page 59

post #871 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post

let me explain my theory,i think they pick up a sound and just walk into that direction untill something else catches their attention,so they could have walked for days or even weeks even though the heli flew off long after.
did you see how they all looked up at the heli and just walked in a straight line till they heard the gunshot and changed direction.so basically what im saying is they walk in a straight line untill something else catches their attention...or i could be completely wrong,just a theory.   

This is pretty close to how the graphic novel explains how zombies become herds.

They also mention that zombies tend to start following other zombies, so a herd walking through a city suddenly becomes much larger as it attracts the rest of the zombies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

While I get the bad-assed appeal of a bald black chick who walks around with a sword and 2 armless zombies chained to her at all times, it comes a little like Mortal Kombat cosplayish.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Her back story is that she fenced in college. She explains that the zombies she had on chains were her father & boyfriend if i remember correctly and they eventually stopped trying to attack her...never fully explained.
post #872 of 1954
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
it's actually her ex bf and his best friend. and she cut off their jaws/teeth and arms so they couldn't attack her, and eventually they just stopped trying. they act as deterrents to other zombies
post #873 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
it's actually her ex bf and his best friend. and she cut off their jaws/teeth and arms so they couldn't attack her, and eventually they just stopped trying. they act as deterrents to other zombies

OMG - is it too much to ask for a Zombie Carl on a leash???
post #874 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
it's actually her ex bf and his best friend. and she cut off their jaws/teeth and arms so they couldn't attack her, and eventually they just stopped trying. they act as deterrents to other zombies

wow that is badass
post #875 of 1954
So my kid watched the first few min. of the show tonight. First words out of his mouth (in reference to the approaching Zombies)
"first, its a horde not a herd"
I thought of this thread.
post #876 of 1954
So they can stay focused on a helicopter they caught a glimpse of indefinitely but they will stop trying to eat the delicious human right in front of them dragging them by a leash.
post #877 of 1954
no arms and no jaw
post #878 of 1954
I don't think the zombies would be smart enough to know they were missing teeth to eat with.

Anyways, a coworker explained it to me that in the book they are somehow trained to be obedient or something?
post #879 of 1954
lol at the new title of this thread. I gave up on this show midway through last season but it's amusing to see that everyone is still watching despite the fact that nobody seems to like it.
post #880 of 1954
I'd rather carry a spear with a very narrow point than a sword. You can keep the zombros at a distance and you just need to poke them in the head. Quicker attack time and you don't run the risk of the blade getting stuck in what-not-aries.
post #881 of 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

lol at the new title of this thread. I gave up on this show midway through last season but it's amusing to see that everyone is still watching despite the fact that nobody seems to like it.

I really like the show, but it's also a lot of fun (for me) to complain about it.

Thought the new thread title is great too.
post #882 of 1954

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
+1
Hopefully, all this bitching will go away come Season 3. But even with Michonne and the Governor cast, pretty sure all the nitpicky over-30 crowd will still be like, "Huh? She carries a sword? Isn't that a little inconvenient? Where's the REALISM?!?!" Then like, continue watching every episode anyway.


Oh to be young again and not know the difference between shit and shinola.

 

You don't get it, junior. I want the show to win, but every time they lay out another line of idiotic dialogue, a face-slapping plot device, or some WTF character action I want to kick the TV in the teeth.

 

They've been on the farm for a few months, and knowing that the stream is drying and the bad guys are probably looking for them they have no fortifications of any kind?

 

No supplies for a quick getaway? No rallying point? No defensive plan (other than headshots from moving cars with infinite ammo)?  They stop on the road among a few hundred cars and decide to travel yet run out of gas? 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

So my kid watched the first few min. of the show tonight. First words out of his mouth (in reference to the approaching Zombies)
"first, its a horde not a herd"
I thought of this thread.


I think it's a shamble of Zombies.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

lol at the new title of this thread. I gave up on this show midway through last season but it's amusing to see that everyone is still watching despite the fact that nobody seems to like it.

 

Hate this show. Can't wait for season 3 so I can hate it more.

 

Get out of here, Carl!.

 

lefty
 

 


Edited by lefty - 3/20/12 at 7:55pm
post #883 of 1954


lol man you really get upset over this show,well i agree with you about not siphoning off any gas from the cars on the highway,or shit just look around which has the most gas in it and take it.

speaking of cars/gas why they havent found a bus or greyhound and fortified it with some steel plates is beyond me.thats the first thing i would do,or shit just grab a tank or something. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Quote:


Oh to be young again and not know the difference between shit and shinola.

 

You don't get it, junior. I want the show to win, but every time they lay out another line of idiotic dialogue, a face-slapping plot device, or some WTF character action I want to kick the TV in the teeth.

 

They've been on the farm for a few months, and knowing that the stream is drying and the bad guys are probably looking for them they have no fortifications of any kind?

 

No supplies for a quick getaway? No rallying point? No defensive plan (other than headshots from moving cars with infinite ammo)?  They stop on the road among a few hundred cars and decide to travel yet run out of gas? 

 

Quote:


I think it's a shamble of Zombies.

 

 

Hate this show. Can't wait for season 3 so I can hate it more.

 

Get out of here, Carl!.

 

lefty
 

 



 

post #884 of 1954

Quote:

Originally Posted by valium View Post

lol man you really get upset over this show,well i agree with you about not siphoning off any gas from the cars on the highway,or shit just look around which has the most gas in it and take it.

speaking of cars/gas why they havent found a bus or greyhound and fortified it with some steel plates is beyond me.thats the first thing i would do,or shit just grab a tank or something. 


Exactly ... Road Warrior that shit. 

 

 

lefty

post #885 of 1954
Speaking of tanks, there was one in the first season. Sigh. Just watched the final two episodes, skipped everything since first two episodes. Had potential to end on a bag, but again stupidity reared its head again.

I have to agree with lefty about the whole farm house. Seriously, were the people there expecting to stay there forever? They were so keen on checking to make sure the perimeter was secure but failed to devise a plan if and when the zombies came? Like a meeting point if the group were to ever seperate. Ugh. So frustrating.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Walking Dead (AMC)