or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Walking Dead (AMC)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Walking Dead (AMC) - Page 6

post #76 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post
Well that Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
zombie blood smearing on yourself
answered one of my post apocalyptic zombie questions.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the smearing scene sounded like rough sex
post #77 of 2115
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So these zombies can use tools? (the zombie using the rock to break the glass) Isn't that against the zombie code or something? Really bothered me.
post #78 of 2115
Watched the first ep online yesterday, got hooked. The overall ambiance, the cowboy vibe, the music, most of the show is done so well and the actors are not terrible. Will we see the black guy and his son later in the show (for those that read the comic)? Also, is the second episode available online yet? Would really want to watch it tonight.
post #79 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppjjmm View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So these zombies can use tools? (the zombie using the rock to break the glass) Isn't that against the zombie code or something? Really bothered me.

Yeah that's pretty scary. Like that one zombie climbed that fence pretty quickly, and in the first episode Morgan's wife was trying to open the door using the doorknob which is smart for a zombie.
post #80 of 2115
I really enjoy how the show is starting to stray away from the comics. It's starting to take a life of its own, but still remain faithful to the actual story. The spoiler everyone is talking about was one of my favorite comic moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus646 View Post
Watched the first ep online yesterday, got hooked. The overall ambiance, the cowboy vibe, the music, most of the show is done so well and the actors are not terrible. Will we see the black guy and his son later in the show (for those that read the comic)? Also, is the second episode available online yet? Would really want to watch it tonight.

Not to spoil anything from the comics, but he does meet back up with that character, and it gets much more dramatic. Really good stuff.
post #81 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
I was hopeful but that first episode BORED me.

I felt this way for about the first 2/3rds of the first episode, but the last half hour was pretty awesome. The comic book took a while to pick up steam as well - since they're not confined to a 2 hour format they don't really have to start off with a bang.

I'm meeting with a customer today at their corporate offices - a repurposed mall. Driving up from the back of the building, all we saw was a mall with all the doors and windows boarded over - y'all get one guess what it reminded me of.
post #82 of 2115
Can't wait for the protagonist to find out his old bro has taken his wife! It'll probably get messy.
post #83 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppjjmm View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So these zombies can use tools? (the zombie using the rock to break the glass) Isn't that against the zombie code or something? Really bothered me.

I like that they can use tools. It harkings back to the master Romero. In dawn of the dead, and day of the dead, the zombies could use very simple tools in a crude fashion. His movies also introduced the concept of zombies retaining some sort of instinctual memory. Which explains the black guys wife coming back to the door.

Really looking forward to next weeks episode.
post #84 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
Maybe it'll show up again... but yes, he should have used it, perhaps at the end near the fence when they were getting the truck?

It's a good idea to have something solid and substantial between you and the grenade when it goes off, particularly when even a small scratch from a piece of shrapnel could infect you with the zombie slime you applied earlier.
post #85 of 2115
I didn't know that blue training grenades were that dangerous
post #86 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post
Well that Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
zombie blood smearing on yourself
answered one of my post apocalyptic zombie questions.

Disagree.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the real reason zombies can tell who's alive and who's dead is based primarily on temperature, not smell. Not sure what World War Z says (I think that's our best source of information on zombies at present).
post #87 of 2115
Thread Starter 
World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide never mentioned temperature I don't think.
post #88 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
Disagree.

I think the real reason zombies can tell who's alive and who's dead is based primarily on temperature, not smell. Not sure what World War Z says (I think that's our best source of information on zombies at present

How would that work without touching someone? Smell makes much more sense to me.
post #89 of 2115
My biggest issue with the show from a plot perspective is that he still hasn't asked the obvious question as to WTF happened to the world in the month that he was in a coma.
post #90 of 2115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
My biggest issue with the show from a plot perspective is that he still hasn't asked the obvious question as to WTF happened to the world in the month that he was in a coma.

correct me if im wrong but in the comic they also never name the source of the infection?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The Walking Dead (AMC)