or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The Walking Dead (AMC)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Walking Dead (AMC) - Page 175

post #2611 of 2696
The LGBT community will
post #2612 of 2696
I hope it's Glenn, mostly because he's been super annoying this whole season. Seems like every conversation he's had has been of the "world = bad, people = good" variety. I get it: this show is about the retention of humanity in a world of despair. I don't need to be reminded of it every-other scene.
post #2613 of 2696
^ Dale taught him well.
post #2614 of 2696
Axing Michconne would be interesting. Poor Rick can't get any consistent 'tang.

frown.gif
post #2615 of 2696
Annoying ending aside I did like Ricks approach this season. The Negan leadership style is pure Machiavelli, where Ricks is more mishmash.

Baffled by the threat making as well, and choice of using an RV camper....
post #2616 of 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Annoying ending aside I did like Ricks approach this season. The Negan leadership style is pure Machiavelli, where Ricks is more mishmash.

Baffled by the threat making as well, and choice of using an RV camper....
I kind of like how Rick decides they will give up their weapons and yield (vastly outnumbered of course, but you have to know someone, maybe everyone is going to die if you submit, and it has already been established that Neagan's folks can't shoot for shit) and willingly goes down to his knees, but then when they are unarmed and kneeling and the only hope for survival is appeasing Neagen his hard-wired badassness is supposedly re-established by his refusal/inability to say, "yes, I understand what you just said."
post #2617 of 2696
Lol, I also found that to be interesting.....or odd.

So they blow up one group with a rocket launcher, kill another with machine guns and knives just clearing without hesitation, kill off the group that captured their group....but all of a sudden lets just start making threats instead. ...from the Rv camper and with some handguns and such.

Break out your military gear again and give it s worthwhile shot....better off being killed than captured by the guy willing to burn his subordinates with an iron.
post #2618 of 2696
I finally got around to watching it last night. The episode was way too long (when did TV/movie producers all decide long runtime = quality?), but I actually really enjoyed the Negan scene. Characters like that remind me that I'm watching a zombie show based on a comic, and he was fun to watch. I also thought the way they dragged out the psychological pain was clever, and the first-person beating was awesome (though I admit the blood was a little silly).

That all said, after the stupid Glenn thing under the dumpster, I've been debating all season whether to keep watching. Given the pending appearance of Negan, I figured I'd at least give the second half of this season a try. I'll admit I enjoyed it, despite it not being spectacular, especially the "is Rick really a bad guy" philosophical questions. However, that stupid fucking cliffhanger might be the final straw. It's insulting to the viewers, and it makes it pretty obvious that the people running the show care more about manufacturing intrigue and riling up the fans than telling an engaging story.

Seriously. How cynical do the people who write and produce this stuff have to be to end the season like that? Screw them.
post #2619 of 2696

The whole "cliffhanger" thing really bugged me, but not as much as the fact that it (had) overshadowed any discussion about other parts of the episode. Like, the way that they kind of finished up one part of the Morgan/Carol storyline with 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
their compromise between the whole "all life is precious" and "kill anything that moves" mentalities.

 

I also liked the slow-burn buildup of the episode, which will be even better when I re-watch it on Netflix and don't have to skip through commercials. 

post #2620 of 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobradley View Post

The whole "cliffhanger" thing really bugged me, but not as much as the fact that it (had) overshadowed any discussion about other parts of the episode. Like, the way that they kind of finished up one part of the Morgan/Carol storyline with  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
their compromise between the whole "all life is precious" and "kill anything that moves" mentalities.

I also liked the slow-burn buildup of the episode, which will be even better when I re-watch it on Netflix and don't have to skip through commercials. 
If by slow-burn you mean repetitive ...

Oh, gee. The last three routes to Hilltop were blockaded. But not to worry, we have a map! If we look on the map and find a fourth route on marked roads we should be fine, because there's no way they could have a map, too. Only a super-genius Aspergers guy like Eugene is smart enough to read a map!

Also occurred to me that even however far they are into the apocalypse, most of the roads they are driving on are in better shape than the cratered minefields that pass for streets in Los Angeles.
post #2621 of 2696
The build-up was cool conceptually, but they could have gotten to the same point with a much tighter episode. There was no reason it had to take as long as it did. I mean, my wife fell asleep at some point after the 60-minute mark and woke up just before the Negan scene, and there was no need for me to even pause to catch her up. Everything she missed had already happened multiple times before she fell asleep.

So, yeah, decent idea, poor execution.
post #2622 of 2696
I was also surprised that their first encounter didn't result in guns ablazing from Rick's camp. The "friendly" negotiation was a complete 180 in approach and had me scratching my head due to dat dissonance.

Btw I don't understand how you guys can possibly stand sitting through all the commercials. I procure the episodes through other means and get to skip them. Don't even care that I don't get to watch the episode live.
post #2623 of 2696
I DVR them and buzz through commercials. Can't imagine watching live.
post #2624 of 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Lol, I also found that to be interesting.....or odd.

So they blow up one group with a rocket launcher, kill another with machine guns and knives just clearing without hesitation, kill off the group that captured their group....but all of a sudden lets just start making threats instead. ...from the Rv camper and with some handguns and such.

Break out your military gear again and give it s worthwhile shot....better off being killed than captured by the guy willing to burn his subordinates with an iron.

While I get this line of thinking, to play Devil's advocate, Rick is trying to get Maggie to the Hilltop. Plus, those other experiences weren't exactly the same. Daryl got the jump on the Saviors, and Rick and co. killed the other Saviors in their sleep.
post #2625 of 2696
That expedites the process, but I feel it would be more logical to send a solo/pair of scouts to get the dr and bring them back.

Instead they all decide to abandon ship when they all know they're going to be doing battle in short order.

They write this story in such an irksome way where half the time they're a Swiss watch and the other half they're all doing goofy things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The Walking Dead (AMC)